| Last updated on November 17th, 2023
United TravelBank Card
United TravelBank Card
- 17.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 17.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn $150 in United TravelBank cash after you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of opening an account
- 2% in TravelBank cash per $1 spent on United ticket purchases
- 1.5% in TravelBank cash on all other qualifying purchases
- 25% savings on United in-flight purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.49% to 24.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The United℠ TravelBank Card allows you to earn cash back to be used toward future flight purchases, along with a handful of other perks typically found in airline credit cards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently fly with United Airlines
- Are looking for a travel card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Want a cash back program whose earnings can be redeemed for future flight purchases
United℠ TravelBank Card Review
With the UnitedSM TravelBank Card from Chase, frequent travelers will be in for a smooth flight no matter their destination. This is a co-branded airline rewards card tailored to folks who travel often and are looking to maximize their rewards with United Airlines. The UnitedSM TravelBank Card allows you to step up your travel game while earning beaucoup rewards as you fly towards travel savings and ups the ante with some awesome perks with the airline.
Earn Miles with Every Purchase
The United℠ TravelBank Card puts itself to work for you from the moment you first use it, earning 1.5% per $1 in United TravelBank cash on all purchases. If you use the card on tickets directly bought from United, you’ll earn 2% back per $1. These earnings, stored in your TravelBank account, can be used when buying flight tickets directly from United Airlines. You have the option of redeeming TravelBank cash for the full amount or in conjunction with another form of payment ($1 in TravelBank cash is equal to $1 toward future redemption, so there are no conversion hoops to jump through).
As a signup incentive, you’ll be awarded $150 in TravelBank cash if you can make $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days as a cardholder. It’s worthwhile to apply for the card, then, if you already have plans for it. Something like a vacation for the whole family can easily get you to that $1,000 benchmark, and if part of the expenses is made directly with United, you’ll be earning 2% back in TravelBank cash, so you’ll be benefitting doubly.
In addition to the introductory and rewards program perks, using the United℠ TravelBank Card to pay for in-flight amenities like food, beverages, or WiFi on United-operated flights will result in you receiving a 25% statement credit. Assuming a portion of your United flight purchases take you to destinations abroad, you can continue to use the United℠ TravelBank Card wherever you go with no penalties, as there are no foreign transaction fees. The card also does not carry an annual fee, making your TravelBank earnings, and their redemption opportunities, all the more valuable.
As far as travel credit cards go, the United℠ TravelBank Card doesn’t offer much more. You do get travel and purchase coverage in the form of auto rental collision or theft protection, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, and price adjustment protection for recently made purchases. Other popular benefits, though, like airport lounge access and free checked baggage, are not included.
Should You Apply for the United℠ TravelBank Card?
The UnitedSM TravelBank Card from is a great no-frills travel rewards card, offering unlimited TravelBank cash earning potential and a few perks directly with United Airlines. While this card doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles that are available with other United cards, it’s a great place to start, especially if you’re in the market for a card that does not charge an annual fee. Don’t miss your flight – apply today and take advantage of the $150 bonus TravelBank cash introductory offer, and start earning rewards with United Airlines today.
Browse Other Chase Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.