Choice Hotels is a hospitality franchise that has quickly become one of the largest hotel chains in the world and owns several hotel brands that range in price and amenities, from economy to upscale.
The Choice Privileges® Rewards loyalty program from Choice Hotels is free to join and allows members to earn perks with every stay. Unlike many hotel rewards programs, Choice Privileges Rewards will enable you to use your points for a variety of redemptions, including free night stays, gift cards, experiences, and much more. You’ll enjoy faster bookings, lower rates, complimentary stays, and other exclusive rewards.
How to Earn Rewards with Choice Privileges
Points are earned by booking stays at the thousands of properties that Choice Hotels has for you to choose from:
- Ten points for every dollar spent at one of more than 6,800 Choice® Hotels
- 5-10 points per dollar spent at Choice® vacation rental homes, villas, cabins, condos, and more
- Earn points as well as other perks, like a $100 Reward Card or free tickets to Walt Disney World® theme parks, by booking a stay with BlueGreen Vacations – a travel partner of Choice Hotels
In addition to the earning power mentioned above, Choice Privileges Rewards members who book weekday stays. Any point-eligible stay that includes a Sunday through Thursday night can earn Your Extras rewards; these are special benefits that are only available when a weekday stay is booked through Choice’s loyalty program. Pick from:
- Choice Privileges points
- Airline miles
- Fuel Rewards savings at the gas station
- Amazon credits
- Starbucks gift card
- Uber trip discounts
Choice Privileges® also rewards you for staying at Cambria® Hotels – get Double Your Extras and much more:
- Cambria Credit to use at the restaurant, bar or hotel marketplace
- Diamond Elite Status Jump if you’re an elite tier with another hotel loyalty program
- Elite benefits like early check-in, late check-out, and preferred parking where available
Other ways to earn points
Rewards points can also be earned through Choice’s partner programs. Earn points and get exclusive discounts on qualifying car rentals with well-known rental companies like Budget® and Avis® or cruise your way to a free hotel stay by earning points when you book a vacation voyage with more than 20 different cruise lines. You can even exchange points that you earn with other rewards programs for Choice Privileges points.
Perhaps the best way to earn Choice Privileges points is by opening a Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card account. With this powerful spending tool, cardholders will earn:
- 15 points for every $1 spent on completed stays at eligible Choice Hotels®
- Five points for every $1 spent on the purchase of Choice Privileges® points or other Choice Hotels card purchases
- An additional two points for every $1 spent on all other purchases made with the card
- 8,000 anniversary bonus points each year after qualifying spending ($10,000 or more) with their card
- 32,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within 90 days of account opening
- 10% points bonus each time the card is used to book a qualifying stay at Choice Hotels properties
What Are Choice Privileges Points Worth?
How to Redeem Points with Choice Privileges
Points can be redeemed for a multitude of great rewards, and they never expire, so there’s no rush to redeem them. Use points towards free nights, which start at 8,000 points per stay. Points can be exchanged for gift cards from some of your favorite retailers or donated to a charitable organization.
Additionally, if you have at least 6,000 points and can’t entirely book a free night with points, but still want to use them, you can use Points Plus Cash to combine the points total you have with cash for a discounted rate.
Finally, points can be redeemed for cruises (85,000 points add up to a $250 cruise credit, and 160,000 points equals a $500 cruise credit), Amtrak rewards, and even miles with the following airline partners:
- Alaska Mileage Plan
- United Mileage Plus
- Aeromexico Club Premier