Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Soar with 60,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $99
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open,
- Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on local transit and commuting, including rideshare services
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- 6,000 anniversary points each year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
At a Glance
For frequent Southwest Airlines® flyers, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card is a business rewards card that offers all the perks of a great travel rewards card while also propelling card members’ businesses forward.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often, especially with Southwest Airlines®
- Own a business
- Make frequent in-flight purchases
- Plan on issuing additional cards to your employees
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card Review
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business card offers more value as a travel rewards card than a business credit card, but for the jet-setting proprietor, it’s a worthwhile payment option. Naturally, you will want to prioritize purchases with Southwest Airlines, as each dollar spent with the carrier will net you triple points.
Outside of purchases outside of Southwest baggage and fares, businesses will still be rewarded with 2X for every dollar on a range of purchases, including:
- Local transit and commuting, including rideshares
- Internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming
All other purchases with the card earn 1X points per dollar spent.
Speaking of business expenses, the Rapid Rewards® Premier Business card makes itself appealing with 0% interest charges for the first nine months of your account opening. Large purchases or projects with multiple expenditures that need to be paid off over time make this incentive even more opportune.
Introductory Sign-Up Bonus
New Cardholders can also earn 60,000 points when they spent at least $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of having an account. Southwest points are valued at roughly $0.015 (1.5 cents) per point. As such, you can earn up to $900 just for using your new credit card.
Another particularly attractive feature of the Southwest Premier Business is the 6,000-point anniversary bonus that customers receive simply for being card members. If you’re close to the minimum for a particular award redemption – and the timing is right – the bonus is a welcome boost that isn’t tied to any further purchases.
Keep in mind that the Southwest Premier Business card imposes a $99 annual fee, though it will be quickly offset if you use the card frequently and take advantage of its reward possibilities – especially if you book the majority of your flights with Southwest.
Should You Apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card from Chase’s modest annual fee of $99 is middle-of-the-aisle, so once you reach altitude you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits that accompany this card’s top rewards-earning potential. Business owners who are willing to invest their money towards travel rewards each year certainly won’t want to miss their flight and take advantage of the impressive sign-up bonus.