Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 7th, 2022
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
2 EarlyBird Check-In Vouchers per Year
- Regular Purchase APR 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $99
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open,
- Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on social media, SEM, an local transit and commuting, including rideshare services
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- 6,000 anniversary points each year on your Cardmember anniversary
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® each yea
- $500 Fee credit for points transfers
- 25% back on inflight purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
For frequent Southwest Airlines® flyers, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card is a business rewards card that offers all the perks of a great travel rewards card while also propelling card members’ businesses forward.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often, especially with Southwest Airlines®
- Own a business
- Make frequent in-flight purchases
- Plan on issuing additional cards to your employees
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card Review
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business card offers more value as a travel rewards card than a business credit card, but for the jet-setting proprietor, it’s a worthwhile payment option. Naturally, you will want to prioritize purchases with Southwest Airlines, as each dollar spent with the carrier will net you triple points.
Outside of purchases outside of Southwest baggage and fares, businesses will still be rewarded with 2X for every dollar on a range of purchases, including:
- Local transit and commuting, including rideshares
- Internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming
All other purchases with the card earn 1X points per dollar spent.
Speaking of business expenses, the Rapid Rewards® Premier Business card makes itself appealing with 0% interest charges for the first nine months of your account opening. Large purchases or projects with multiple expenditures that need to be paid off over time make this incentive even more opportune.
Introductory Sign-Up Bonus
New Cardholders can also earn 60,000 points when they spent at least $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of having an account. Southwest points are valued at roughly $0.015 (1.5 cents) per point. As such, you can earn up to $900 just for using your new credit card.
Another particularly attractive feature of the Southwest Premier Business is the 6,000-point anniversary bonus that customers receive simply for being card members. If you’re close to the minimum for a particular award redemption – and the timing is right – the bonus is a welcome boost that isn’t tied to any further purchases.
Keep in mind that the Southwest Premier Business card imposes a $99 annual fee, though it will be quickly offset if you use the card frequently and take advantage of its reward possibilities – especially if you book the majority of your flights with Southwest.
While the Southwest Premier Business Card lacks some of the more impressive features of the Perfomance Business card (think: TSA Precheck/ Global Entry, flight upgrades, in-flight Wi-Fi credits, etc.) the Premier also lacks the $199 annual fee.
Instead, the Premier Business version of the Rapid Rewards credit card line-up focuses on the best of Rapid Rewards, including:
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® vouchers every year: Two complimentary pre-board vouchers each year of cardmembership
- Unlimited tier qualifying points (TQPs): Earn 1,500 TQPs toward A-List status for every $10,000 you spend
- $500 fee credit for points transfers per year
- 25% in-flight savings when using the Premier Business card to make purchases on Southwest flights
Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Credit Card Comparison
Not sure which Rapid Rewards small business credit card from Chase is right for your personal needs? Here is a quick breakdown of all the business credit cards from Southwest Airlines and JP Morgan Chase:
|Card||Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card||Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card|
|Rewards rate||Earn 3X pts. on Southwest purchases, 2X on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rentals. local transit and commuting, including rideshare, plus social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services, and 1X on all other purchases||Earn 4X pts. on Southwest purchases, 3X on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rentals, 2X on local transit and commuting, including rideshare, plus social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services, and 1X on all other purchases|
|Best perk||2 EarlyBird Check-In per year.||Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee credit|
|Annual fee||$99 annual fee||$199 annual fee|
FAQs About Southwest Rapid Rewards
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Southwest’s Rapid Rewards loyalty program:
- Yes. According to Southwest, you can request past flight points for up to 12 months after your flight. To claim points for a past flight, simply log into your account, select My Account and choose the Manage tab within My Rapid Rewards. Choose Request past points in the grey bar and enter your record locator (confirmation number) from your reservation. After verification of your flight information (up to 5 days), points will be deposited into your account.
- Rapid Rewards Dining is a rewards program within the Rapid Rewards program. This features lets members earn points from dining with select Southwest restaurant partners.
Related Article: Dining Programs: How to Earn Airline Miles with Any Credit Card
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
JP Morgan Chase and Southwest Visa Card Ratings
How does the Chase Southwest Visa stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card from Chase’s modest annual fee of $99 is middle-of-the-aisle, so once you reach altitude you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits that accompany this card’s top rewards-earning potential. Business owners who are willing to invest their money towards travel rewards each year certainly won’t want to miss their flight and take advantage of the impressive sign-up bonus.