| Last updated on November 13th, 2023
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
- 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
For frequent Southwest Airlines® flyers, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card is a business rewards card that offers all the perks of a great travel rewards card while also propelling card members’ businesses forward.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open,
- Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on social media, SEM, an local transit and commuting, including rideshare services
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- 6,000 anniversary points each year on your Cardmember anniversary
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® each yea
- $500 Fee credit for points transfers
- 25% back on inflight purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- You travel often, especially with Southwest Airlines®
- You own or operate a business
- You make frequent in-flight purchases
- You plan on issuing additional cards to your employees
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit CardTerms & Conditions
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card Review
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business card offers more value as a travel rewards card than a business credit card. Still, for the jet-setting proprietor, it’s a worthwhile payment option.
Introductory & Annual Points Bonus
New accounts earn 60,000 points after spending at least $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of having an account. This welcome offer has a cash value of around $700 when booking an award flight with Southwest – and with 121 destinations dotted across North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean, there’s certain to be a destination that you (or your employees) can easily redeem those points.
Another particularly attractive feature of the Southwest Premier Business Visa is the 6,000-point anniversary bonus that customers receive simply for being card members. If you’re close to the minimum for a particular award redemption – and the timing is right – the bonus is a welcome boost that isn’t tied to any further purchases.
How to Earn Rapid Rewards Points
As a business card, you’d expect the Premier Business Visa prioritizes rewards on the types of purchases businesses often make – and you’d be right. Cardholders earn 3X Rapid Rewards points on Southwest Airlines® purchases and 2X points on key travel and commuting categories:
- Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- Local transit and commuting, including rideshares
All other purchases with the card earn 1X points per dollar spent. Rapid Rewards points never expire, so you don’t have to worry about missing out on your dream flight just because miles might expire.
Previously, the card also offered 2X points on internet, cable, phone, and select streaming services, but these have since been removed. Removing those categories is frustrating – especially as internet and phone services are essential to any company’s budget.
How to Redeem Points
Southwest Airlines prides itself on its straightforward approach to air travel – and the Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program is no different. Southwest Rapid Rewards points are redeemable for award flights with Southwest, with four distinct tiers: Wanna Get Away, Wanna Get Away Plus, Anytime, and Business Select.
Southwest teams with hotel, car rental, and other partners to help members maximize their value for money. Other options for redeeming points include making bookings with Southwest partners. Other redemption options include gift cards, merchandise, event access, or statement credits to the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card account.
Related Article: The Ultimate Southwest Rapid Rewards Program Guide
Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Credit Card Comparison
Not sure which Rapid Rewards small business credit card from Chase is right for your personal needs? Here is a quick breakdown of the cards:
|Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Cards|
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
|Rewards rate||Earn 3X points on Southwest purchases; 2X on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental bookings, local transit and commuting including rideshare, plus social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services; and 1X on all other purchases||Earn 4X points on Southwest purchases; 3X on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rentals; 2X on local transit and commuting, including rideshare, plus social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services; and 1X on all other purchases|
|Best perk||2 EarlyBird Check-Ins per year||Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee credit|
While the Southwest Premier Business Card lacks some of the more impressive features of the Performance Business card (think: TSA Precheck/ Global Entry, flight upgrades, in-flight Wi-Fi credits), the Premier also lacks the $199 annual fee.
Instead, the Premier Business version of the Rapid Rewards credit card line-up focuses on the best of Rapid Rewards, including:
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® vouchers every year: Two complimentary pre-board vouchers each year of card membership
- Unlimited tier qualifying points (TQPs): Earn 1,500 TQPs toward A-List status for every $10,000 you spend
- $500 fee credit for points transfers per year
- 25% in-flight savings when using the Premier Business card to make purchases on Southwest flights
Other Card Features
Other features of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- EMV chip technology and mobile wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Complimentary employee cards
Cardholders also enjoy partner benefits from Chase and Visa. First, Chase provides access to a one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for DoorDash and Caviar. On the other hand, Visa provides comprehensive business protections and benefits designed to keep your company safe. These features include Lost Luggage Reimbursement and more:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Roadside Dispatch||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Purchase and Extended Protection|
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||Emergency Card Replacement||Auto Rental Collison Damage Waiver||Travel and Emergency Assistance Services|
FAQs About Southwest Rapid Rewards
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Southwest’s Rapid Rewards loyalty program:
- Yes. According to Southwest, you can request past flight points for up to 12 months after your flight. To claim points for a past flight, simply log into your account, select My Account and choose the Manage tab within My Rapid Rewards. Choose Request past points in the grey bar and enter your record locator (confirmation number) from your reservation. After verification of your flight information (up to 5 days), points will be deposited into your account.
- Rapid Rewards Dining is a rewards program within the Rapid Rewards program. This features lets members earn points from dining with select Southwest restaurant partners.
Related Article: Dining Programs: How to Earn Airline Miles with Any Credit Card
How does the Chase Southwest Visa stack up? Here is a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card from Chase’s modest annual fee of $99 is middle-of-the-aisle, so once you reach altitude, you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits accompanying this card’s top rewards-earning potential. Business owners willing to invest their money towards travel rewards each year certainly won’t want to miss their flight and take advantage of the impressive sign-up bonus.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.