Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
Earn Up to 80,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $199
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Receive 9,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn 4 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® purchases
- Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on local transit and commuting, including rideshare services
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- 9,000 anniversary points each year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $199
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
At a Glance
When growing your business, traveling to trade shows, meeting clients, and networking can be crucial to your success; using a business airline rewards card that earns points from travel purchases can really make a difference. The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card, which offers up to 4X unlimited Rapid Rewards® points on business purchases and spending with Southwest Airlines®, as well as a suite of generous perks and benefits, is a great candidate for the small business owner who travels often.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a small business owner who loves to fly Southwest Airlines®
- Want to earn up to 4X points on travel and business purchases
- Will take advantage of the chance to earn 80,000 bonus points by spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card Review
Small business owners will be pleased by the generous signup bonus offer available from the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit card. Cardholders who spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months since opening an account will earn a special bonus of 80,000 rewards points.
Rewards points can be accrued at a rate of 4X per $1 spent on all purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines®. Cardmembers also earn 3X points on on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases, 2X on a whole host of categories, including:
- Local transit and commuting, including rideshares
- Internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming
and 1X points on all other purchases. As a thank you for being a Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card cardmember, each year on your anniversary you’ll receive a special bonus of 9,000 points from Southwest.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card features several perks that will interest business owners that love to fly with Southwest Airlines®. Cardholders will get to experience everything that they love about flying with Southwest®, such as no bag fees, unlimited rewards seats without blackout dates, and no change fees – and they’ll also be treated to in-flight Wi-Fi credits, four upgraded boarding privileges per year, and even a Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® fee credit (in the form of a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years).
Additionally, you can use your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card abroad without worrying about additional costs since there are no foreign transaction fees associated with the card. All purchases will earn tier-qualifying points towards A-List status, too.
Additional Employee Cards
For the business owner with staff, adding employee cards to the account is free; points earned by your employees will count toward your account’s rewards points total, so you can maximize your earning potential. For those who are looking to earn a Southwest Companion Pass, all of the points you and your employees accumulate can be put towards the reward threshold necessary for a companion to fly free.
For more information on the Rapid Rewards loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card?
Although the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card from Chase has an annual fee of $199, once you reach altitude you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits that accompany this card’s top rewards-earning potential. Business owners who are willing to invest their money towards top-tiered travel rewards each year certainly won’t want to miss their flight. 80,000 bonus points is more than three-quarters of the way to a Companion Pass, which is an exceptional value that is very difficult to pass up.