Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on February 4th, 2022
United Club Business Card
United Club Business Card
Earn 100,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 19.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 19.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $450
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent directly with United, including tickets, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- First and second checked bags are free for cardholder and one companion
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- Complimentary United Club membership
- Premier Access® travel services
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $450
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Business owners who are looking for a premium business credit card that earns reward miles with United airlines will find a good match with the United Club Business Card. Earn 2X miles per $1 spent directly with United Airlines, and 1.5X miles per $1 on all other purchases. Additionally, they’ll enjoy a hefty introductory bonus of 75,000 miles after using their r new card to spend $5,000 in the first three months of opening an account with the Chase United business credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a small business owner who wants to maximize their rewards earning potential with United
- Would like to earn 2x points per dollar with United
- Will take advantage of the introductory bonus by spending $5,000 in the first three months to earn 75,000 bonus miles
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees
United Club℠ Business Card Review
Building credit while building a small business can be daunting, but the United Club Business Credit Card makes earning travel rewards easy and makes business travel that much more enjoyable with a slew of awesome United perks.
Impressive Welcome Offer
Cardholders will start off by earning a generous introductory bonus of 75,000 miles when they spend $5,000 in the first three months. They’ll also earn miles at a rate of 2X miles per $1 spent on United purchases (which include flight tickets, in-flight amenities like Wi-Fi, beverages and food, Economy Plus® upgrades, and other United charges. Cardholders also earn 2X miles for each dollar spent on Inside Access from Chase purchases (visit InsideAccess.com for more information). For all other qualifying purchases, they’ll earn at a rate of 1.5X miles per dollar spent.
How to Redeem Miles
Redeeming MileagePlus miles is a straightforward process. The most common is to redeem rewards for flights, either with United Airlines directly or through Star Alliance partners. Bonuses also apply to several other airline partners, retail, and travel options.
The simplest way to redeem is by booking United or United Express award tickets and flights. MileagePlus currently offers two types of award seat: Saver Awards and Everyday Awards:
- Saver Awards: More economical, with redemption flights from 5,000 to 12,000 miles. These low-cost award flights have lower availability, making them difficult to book.
- Everyday Awards: More availability – at a higher price. Everyday Award flights offer unrestricted access for elite-tier MileagePlus members.
Rewards are also redeemable for award flights with codeshare and Star Alliance partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Dolomiti
- All Nippon Airways
- Air India
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Swiss International Air Lines
- TAP Air Portugal
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Cape Air
- Boutique Air
- Olympic Air
- Great Lakes Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Aer Lingus
- Choice Hotels
- IHG Hotels
- Hertz Car Rentals
- Dollar Rent-a-Car
- Carnival Cruises
- Holland America
- Norwegian Cruises
Exclusive United Benefits
While flying with United Airlines, the United Club℠ Business Card will open the door to exclusive benefits at the airport and on the plane. Business owners who travel frequently will certainly want to take advantage of free first and second checked bags – a savings of up to $280 roundtrip. There are no travel blackout dates, and you’ll also be enrolled in United Club℠ Membership – a $550 value per year; United Club℠ Membership qualifies you for lounge access to more than 45 United Club locations as well as Star Alliance lounges worldwide.
Business owners who apply for this card will also be enrolled in Premier Access® Travel Services; they will receive preferential treatment at the airport with priority check-in, security screening where available, and priority boarding and baggage handling privileges. Another great perk included with the United Club Business Card is premier upgrades – a Cardmember who is also a MileagePlus Premier® member with United℠ can take advantage of complimentary Premier Upgrades on United flights, when available, while traveling on an award ticket.
The Chase United Business club Card also offers other unique benefits, such as Visa’s Luxury Hotel Collection, TSA precheck and Global Entry credits, exclusive access to MileagePlus customer service, and more.
Additional Employee Cards
Another great benefit for small business owners: adding employee cards to your account is free, and miles earned from employee purchases accrue to your account, so they’ll earn rewards faster. Additionally, they have the ability to set up a spending limit for each card. Miles can be used to book award travel with United, with Star AllianceTM partners, and with other partner airlines, or they can be used for upgrades, merchandise, gift cards, and even events and experiences at the final travel destination.
FAQs About the United Club Business Card
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the United Club Business Visa Signature, along with the answers:
- Data suggests that Chase uses Experian for credit checks.
- Award flights in the United MileagePlus start as low as 12,500 miles for economy flights and 30,000 miles for business fares.
- Chase typically reports to the credit agencies approximately 3 to 4 days after the closing data on the card statement.
- United MileagePlus miles have a value of one cent per point, but that value may vary depending on a variety of factors.
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
JP Morgan Chase and United Club Business Visa Card Ratings
How does the Chase United Airlines Visa stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the United Club℠ Business Card?
While the United ClubSM Business Card from Chase’s hefty annual fee of $450 may have your head spinning faster than the propellers on a prop plane, once you reach altitude you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits that accompany this card’s top rewards-earning potential. For companies that send their workers around the world for business, this card packs a powerful punch that more that makes up for the yearly membership fee. With lounge access, free baggage allowances, as well as priority boarding, baggage, check in, security, and more there really isn’t much not to love about the United Club Business Card from Chase.