| Last updated on November 17th, 2023
United Club Business Card
United Club Business Card
- 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Business owners who are looking for a premium business credit card that earns reward miles with United airlines will find a good match with the United Club Business Card. Earn 2X miles per $1 spent directly with United Airlines, and 1.5X miles per $1 on all other purchases. Additionally, they’ll enjoy a hefty introductory bonus of 75,000 miles after using their r new card to spend $5,000 in the first three months of opening an account with the Chase United business credit card.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent directly with United, including tickets, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- First and second checked bags are free for cardholder and one companion
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- Complimentary United Club membership
- Premier Access® travel services
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is ope
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $450
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- You're a small business owner who wants to maximize your rewards earning potential with United
- You would like to earn 2x points per dollar with United
- You will take advantage of the introductory bonus by spending $5,000 in the first three months to earn 75,000 bonus miles
- You want a card with no foreign transaction fees
United Club℠ Business Card Review
Building credit while building a small business can be daunting, but the United Club Business Credit Card makes earning travel rewards easy and makes business travel that much more enjoyable with a slew of awesome United perks.
Impressive Welcome Offer
Cardholders will start off by earning a generous introductory bonus of 50,000 miles when they spend $5,000 in the first three months. That welcome bonus is on-par with many other business rewards cards, but the required minimum spend is fairly high. That said, reaching that lofty target should be fairly routine for the company that plans to issue multiple cards.
How to Earn Miles
Earning miles with the United Club Business Card is secondary to the impressive array of United perks – but that doesn’t mean you won’t find value with the card. Cardholders earn 2X miles per dollar spent directly with United, including tickets, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, and a flat-rate 1.5X miles per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Companies can also earn miles with select United MileagePlus partners, including the following:
|MileagePlus miles can be earned at most major hotel chains; Earn 2X miles at each property that participates in the United Hotels program. Rewards earning varies by hotel. Otherwise, you’ll earn a flat rate that depends on the hotel you’ve booked a stay at. For more details, visit United’s Hotel Partners page.
|When you register a credit (or debit) card with the MileagePlus Dining program, you’ll be able to earn miles when you dine at over 10,000 participating restaurants, bars, and clubs – but only when you pay for your meal with the card you’ve registered. You’ll earn up to 5 miles per dollar spent, and this includes tax and tip!
|MileagePlus members can earn up to 1,250 award miles for each qualifying car rental. Partners include Hertz, Dollar Rent A Car, Thrifty, Groundlink, ExecuCar, and much more. Members also earn points when booking with SuperShuttle, Carmel, Bandwagon, and other ground transportation services.
|MileagePlus members earn miles based on making purchases through the dedicated MileagePlus shopping portal, where points are earned for making purchases with hundreds of leading brands.
Miles in the United MileagePlus frequent flyer program never expire.
United Airlines Business Comparison
|United℠ Business Card
|United Club℠ Business Card
|$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $99
|2X miles on United purchases, 2X on dining, gas stations, office supply stores, and local transit/commuting 1X on all other purchases
|2X miles on United purchases, 1.5X on all other purchases
|One (1) for accountholder and one companion on the same fare
|Two (2) for accountholder and one companion on the same fare
|United Club – 2X per year
|United Club – unlimited
|Priority boarding, anniversary mile bonus, $100 United credit, 25% inflight savings, no foreign transaction fees
|Priority boarding, check-in, screening and baggage handling, anniversary mile bonus, $100 United credit, 25% inflight savings, no foreign transaction fees, Avis Presidents Club upgrades
How to Redeem Miles
Redeeming MileagePlus miles is a straightforward process. The most common is to redeem rewards for flights, either with United Airlines directly or through Star Alliance partners. Bonuses also apply to several other airline partners, retail, and travel options.
The simplest way to redeem is by booking United or United Express award tickets and flights. MileagePlus currently offers two types of award seat: Saver Awards and Everyday Awards:
- Saver Awards: More economical, with redemption flights from 5,000 to 12,000 miles. These low-cost award flights have lower availability, making them difficult to book.
- Everyday Awards: More availability – at a higher price. Everyday Award flights offer unrestricted access for elite-tier MileagePlus members.
Rewards are also redeemable for award flights with codeshare and Star Alliance partners:
|Air New Zealand
|All Nippon Airways
|LOT Polish Airlines
|South African Airways
|TAP Air Portugal
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to the United MileagePlus Program
Exclusive United Benefits
While flying with United Airlines, the United Club℠ Business Card will open the door to exclusive benefits at the airport and on the plane. Business owners who travel frequently will certainly want to take advantage of free first and second checked bags – a savings of up to $280 roundtrip. There are no travel blackout dates, and you’ll also be enrolled in United Club℠ Membership – a $550 value per year; United Club℠ Membership qualifies you for lounge access to more than 45 United Club locations as well as Star Alliance lounges worldwide.
Business owners who apply for this card will also be enrolled in Premier Access® Travel Services; they will receive preferential treatment at the airport with priority check-in, security screening where available, and priority boarding and baggage handling privileges. Another great perk included with the United Club Business Card is premier upgrades – a Cardmember who is also a MileagePlus Premier® member with United℠ can take advantage of complimentary Premier Upgrades on United flights, when available, while traveling on an award ticket.
The Chase United Business club Card also offers other unique benefits, such as Visa’s Luxury Hotel Collection, TSA precheck and Global Entry credits, exclusive access to MileagePlus customer service, and more. There are also Visa Signature Business protections, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Auto Rental Collison Damage Waiver
|Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
|Purchase and Extended Protection
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement
Additional Employee Cards
Another great benefit for small business owners: adding employee cards to your account is free, and miles earned from employee purchases accrue to your account, so they’ll earn rewards faster. Additionally, they have the ability to set up a spending limit for each card. Miles can be used to book award travel with United, with Star AllianceTM partners, and with other partner airlines, or they can be used for upgrades, merchandise, gift cards, and even events and experiences at the final travel destination.
FAQs About the United Club Business Card
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the United Club Business Visa Signature, along with the answers:
- Data suggests that Chase uses Experian for credit checks.
- Award flights in the United MileagePlus start as low as 12,500 miles for economy flights and 30,000 miles for business fares.
- Chase typically reports to the credit agencies approximately 3 to 4 days after the closing data on the card statement.
- United MileagePlus miles have a value of one cent per point, but that value may vary depending on a variety of factors.
JP Morgan Chase Bank Ratings
Should You Apply for the United Club℠ Business Card?
While the United ClubSM Business Card from Chase’s hefty annual fee of $450 may have your head spinning faster than the propellers on a prop plane, once you reach altitude you’ll be cruising with all of the perks and benefits that accompany this card’s top rewards-earning potential. For companies that send their workers around the world for business, this card packs a powerful punch that more that makes up for the yearly membership fee. With lounge access, free baggage allowances, as well as priority boarding, baggage, check in, security, and more there really isn’t much not to love about the United Club Business Card from Chase.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.