Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 11th, 2022
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles (Terms Apply)
- Regular Purchase APR 19.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $550
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Welcome Offer: Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- The limited edition Boeing 747 design is made with 25% metal from a retired Delta Boeing 747 aircraft
- With complimentary access into Delta Sky Club®, you can relax before your Delta flight, or find downtime between connections. You'll also receive two Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes each year so you can share the experience with others when you're traveling together
- When you purchase a Delta flight with your Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card, you will receive complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge or Escape Lounge - The Centurion® Studio Partner
- After you spend $150,000 on your Card in a calendar year, you earn 1.5 miles per dollar (that's an extra half mile per dollar) on eligible purchases the rest of the year. If your purchase qualifies for a category that has a higher mileage accelerator, only the higher accelerator will apply (ex. you would earn 3X miles on purchases made directly with Delta instead of 1.5X)
- Plus enjoy 3X miles per dollar on all eligible Delta purchases
- With Status Boost®, earn 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to 4x per year getting you closer to Medallion Status
- Terms and limitations apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $550
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
If you or your employees regularly fly Delta, the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card’s introductory bonuses and travel-specific perks are well worth the hefty $550 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel frequently for work or have employees who do, and want to accumulate bonus miles while tracking spending habits
- Spend heavily with Delta Airlines
- Are looking forward to complimentary Delta Sky Club® access, priority boarding, and a free checked bag
- Don’t want to pay any foreign transaction fees.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card Review
Catering to companies that consistently factor travel expenses into their budget, the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card is a powerful travel partner for Delta flyers to have.
How to Earn Miles
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Cardholders earn 3X miles on purchases made directly with Delta. This earning rate is precisely the same as the 3X miles with Delta purchases that come with the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card.
And, like that option, the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card offers the opportunity to earn 1.5X miles after meeting specific spending requirements. Those requirements? Companies must make at least $150,000 in purchases on their card in a calendar year.
Since other qualifying purchases with the card earn 1X miles per dollar spent, this 1.5X earning rate is an excellent way for companies to supercharge their earning – but only if they plan to spend heavily.
There is no cap or limit on the number of earnable SkyMiles, meaning this card is ideal for those firms that use their cards regularly – and issue them widely. Miles are redeemable not only on Delta but also through the SkyTeam Alliance of over 30 carriers. Miles also apply for hotel bookings, car rentals, statement credits, or several other options.
Welcome Offer Bonus Miles
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card also comes with an impressive welcome offer. New accounts can earn 60,000 bonus SkyMiles after spending $4,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of being a new cardmember.
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card also offers the same access to Delta’s Status Boost as the personal version of the Delta Reserve Card. Spending $30,000 in purchases receives 15,000 Miles Qualification Miles (MQMs). This award is redeemable up to four times per year, allowing companies to rack up the rewards quickly – and perks – of the SkyMiles program (see terms).
Complimentary Lounge Access
This boast bears some truth since the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card also gets the same access to the Delta SkyClub and the exclusive Centurion Lounge as the personal version of the card. This perk is tough to beat for companies in which travel is a regular component of a business day.
Other Luxury Perks
- Annual Companion Certificate: Cardholders receive a domestic first-class, comfort+, or main cabin round-trip companion fare each year on card renewal.
- TSA Precheck: Cardholders receive a statement credit for TSA Precheck or Global Entry application fees.
- Priority Upgrade: Reserve cardholders have upgrade priority over other Medallion members within the same fare class.
- First Checked Bag Free: First bag free on all Delta flights.
- Priority Boarding: Main Cabin 1 priority boarding on all Delta flights.
- SkyClub Guest Pass: One free one-time-use guest pass for SkyClub lounges every year.
- Concierge for Reserve: Reserve cardholders receive exclusive access to Delta’s premium concierge service to help them with every aspect of their travel experience.
Basic Travel Protections
The card also benefits from the usual protection and security features that come with a top-notch Amex card. These include:
- Trip delay insurance
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Car rental loss and damage coverage
- Amex Global Assist Hotline
- No foreign transaction fees
For more information on the Delta SkyMiles loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card?
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card is an excellent option for companies that frequently send employees overseas for business. With a host of impressive perks, such as SkyClub access, priority boarding, a first checked bag free, and no foreign transaction fees, employees can travel in comfort – all while protecting the company’s bottom line. While the $550 annual fee may seem steep, the additional benefit of employee cards helps off-set this cost (as does the SkyClub membership). While the regular version of the card is targeted toward the elite traveler, the business version is perfectly suited for all companies who travel, be it regularly or occasionally.