Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 14th, 2022
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year. After that, $99
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Check or stow your bag with ease: First Checked Bag Free on Delta Flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding
- Earn 2 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases
- Additionally, receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel overseas
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99
- Terms and limitations apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Featuring a sizable welcome offer and convenient perks that frequent travelers adore like priority boarding and a free first checked bag, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is a reliable travel partner for loyal Delta flyers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in earning 2X miles on dining
- Want to earn 5X miles on Delta purchases
- Want to earn enhanced rewards for purchases in advertising and U.S. shipping
- Want to earn 50,000 bonus miles after making $2,000 in purchases in the first three months of card ownership
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees while you travel with your airline rewards card
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Review
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card draws you in with the ability to earn impressive bonus miles and a modest $99 annual fee, which Delta and Amex waive for the first year (see terms).
New account enjoy a generous welcome offer of 50,000 bonus SkyMiles after spending $2,000 in purchases on the new card within the first three months of membership. This welcome offer is an excellent value and very easy to reach for companies that plan to issue multiple employee cards.
The card also offers the same yearly bonus as the personal version of the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card. Businesses that make $10,000 in purchases during the calendar year receive a $100 statement credit. While this isn’t exceptionally valuable, it is a nice bonus for those who would use that option extensively – something many companies will likely do.
How to Earn SkyMiles
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card features a huge 5X miles per dollar on every eligible purchase with Delta. The card also offers miles on the types of purchases many businesses spend on frequently. The card earns 2X miles on the following business-centric categories:
- Advertising in select media
- Eligible U.S. shipping
- Dining at restaurants
All other purchases earn 1X miles, with no cap on the total number of miles a company receives. Best of all, SkyMiles never expire so that companies can accumulate an impressive haul on their advertising and shipping costs. Miles are applicable towards flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and much more.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card enjoys the same travel perks as the personal card. Cardholders enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights, as well as one free checked bag on Delta flights. Holders also save 20% on in-flight purchases. The card also boasts no foreign transaction fee, making it a decent option for companies that send their employees abroad on business.
If you’re a regular flyer, then you already know how enticing access to the Delta Sky Club® lounges (granted at a discounted rate for Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card members) can be. Cardholders can also earn up to $110 in dining statement credits in portions of $10 per month (see terms).
Other features businesses can expect include:
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Extended Warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- Expense management tools to track spending
Should You Apply for the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card?
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers good for companies that want a travel credit card that rewards them for their usual expenses. Getting 2X miles on advertising and shipping will be of great interest to many businesses, as will the 50,000 bonus SkyMiles.
The business-centric perks with the card don’t extend much beyond the 2X miles on select categories. Still, the addition of expense management tools is something that adds value. Fortunately, the travel perks more than compensate and will provide some comfort to weary employees on business travels.