Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 4th, 2021
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
Earn up to 40,000 Bonus Miles
- Earn up to 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets
- After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to inspire your next travel
- Enjoy your first checked bag free
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases
- Enjoy a $0 introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $99
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year, then $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Featuring a sizable introductory bonus and convenient perks that frequent travelers adore like priority boarding and a free first checked bag, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card is a solid travel partner for loyal Delta flyers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 2X miles on Delta purchases
- Are interested in earning 2X miles on dining worldwide and supermarkets in the U.S.
- Want to earn 40,000 bonus miles for making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of card ownership
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees while you travel with your airline rewards card
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card Review
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card draws you in with the ability to earn impressive bonus miles and a modest $99 annual fee, which Delta and Amex waive for the first year.
The card also offers a yearly bonus that provides some value but lacks in excitement. Cardholders that make $10,000 in purchases during the calendar year receive a $100 statement credit. While this isn’t exceptionally valuable, it is a nice bonus for those who plan to use the Gold Card extensively.
How to Earn (and Spend) Rewards
The Gold Card features a 2X miles per dollar on every eligible purchase with Delta. The Gold SkyMiles Card offers an average amount of miles on every other purchase. The enhanced categories earn 2X SkyMiles. Those categories are:
All other purchases earn 1X miles, with no cap on the total number of miles a cardholder can earn. Best of all, these miles don’t expire. Miles are applicable towards flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and much more.
There are plenty of travel perks that accompany the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights, as well as one free checked bag on each trip; cardholders even save 20% on in-flight purchases to sweeten the deal. Cardholders can also earn up to $110 in dining statement credits in portions of $10 per month.
The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees. Speaking of convenience, this card also includes exclusive access to select entertainment ticket presales, extended warranties for eligible retail product purchases, and even free 2-day shipping with ShopRunner.
Other features of note include:
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Extended Warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- AMEX entertainment Access
- Complimentary ShopRunner membership
For more information on the Delta SkyMiles loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card?
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card offers cardholders excellent value for their annual fee. This value is even more apparent when you consider that Amex waives the fee for the first year. The perks available with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card are also quite lovely, especially priority Zone 1 boarding and a first checked bag complimentary on Delta-operated flights. What sets this card apart, however, is the 2X miles the card earns on U.S. dining and supermarkets. Even for the most casual of traveler, this feature allows them to save up for an award vacation to remember.