Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
Earn up to 35,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.74% to 24.74% on balance transfers requested within 60 days of account opening
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year, then $99
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases
- Earn 2 miles per dollar at Restaurants and U.S. Supermarkets
- Main Cabin 1 priority boarding
- Spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner
- Enjoy your first checked back free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights
- 20% in-flight savings
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74% to 24.74% on balance transfers requested within 60 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year, then $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Featuring a sizable introductory bonus and convenient perks that frequent travelers adore like priority boarding and a free first checked bag, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card is a solid travel partner for loyal Delta flyers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in earning 2X miles on direct Delta purchases plus dining and supermarkets
- Want to earn 50,000 bonus miles for making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of card ownership
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees while you travel with your airline rewards card
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card Review
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card draws you in with the ability to earn impressive bonus miles and a modest $99 annual fee, which Delta and Amex waive for the first year.
Introductory Bonus Miles
Like other Delta credit cards from American Express, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® comes with an enticing signup bonus. The Gold Card offers 50,000 bonus SkyMiles after making just $1,000 in purchases in the first three months. While the precise offer varies based on personalized offers through Delta and AMEX, this introductory offer is an exceptional value. The bonus is 5X, the bonus of the Blue SkyMiles Card, for just $500 more in initial spending requirements.
The card also offers a yearly bonus that provides some value but lacks in excitement. Cardholders that make $10,000 in purchases during the calendar year receive a $100 statement credit. While this isn’t exceptionally valuable, it is a nice bonus for those who plan to use the Gold Card extensively.
How to Earn (and Spend) Rewards
The Gold SkyMiles Card offers an average amount of miles on every purchase. The enhanced categories earn 2X SkyMiles. Those categories are:
- S. supermarkets
- All purchases made directly with Delta
All other purchases earn 1X miles, with no cap on the total number of miles a cardholder can earn. Best of all, these miles don’t expire. Miles are applicable towards flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and much more.
There are plenty of travel perks that accompany the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights, as well as one free checked bag on each trip; cardholders even save 20% on in-flight purchases to sweeten the deal. The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees. Speaking of convenience, this card also includes exclusive access to select entertainment ticket presales, extended warranties for eligible retail product purchases, and even free 2-day shipping with ShopRunner.
Other features of note include:
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Extended Warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- AMEX entertainment Access
- Complimentary ShopRunner membership
Should You Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card?
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card offers cardholders excellent value for their annual fee. This value is even more apparent when you consider that AMEX waives the fee for the first year. The perks available with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card are also quite lovely, especially priority Zone 1 boarding and a first checked bag complimentary on Delta-operated flights. What sets this card apart, however, is the 2X miles the card earns on U.S. dining and supermarkets. Even for the most casual of traveler, this feature allows them to save up for an award vacation to remember.