Mastercard® Black Card™
Patented Card Construction and 24/7 Luxury Card Concierge
- Patented black PVD metal card-weighing 22 grams
- 2% value for airfare redemptions with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
- 1.5% value for cash back redemptions
- 24/7 Luxury Card Concierge®-available by phone, email and live mobile chat
- Exclusive Luxury Card Travel® benefits (e.g., amenities, room upgrades and complimentary food and beverages)
- Up to $100 annual airline credit and $100 Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check application fee credit
- Cell Phone Protection, Lyft credits, Postmates discounts, Fandango perks and more
- Annual fee: $495 ($195 for each Authorized User)
- Earn one point for every one dollar spent
- Terms and conditions apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months on transfers that post within 45 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $495
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
With its wide range of benefits – including convenient concierge service and cosmopolitan perks – the black PVD-coated Mastercard® Black Card™ is a statement piece that signifies exclusivity while also serving as a practical everyday credit card for even the most basic purchases. Offering 2% redemption rates for airfare and 1.5% redemption for cash back, as well as the incredible perks that come with every Luxury Card™ credit card, this credit card makes a great addition to anyone’s wallet who wants a credit card that will earn beaucoup rewards while providing VIP travel benefits and personalized service.
Apply for This Card if You:
- Are a frequent traveler who aims to earn rewards that can be redeemed for airfare at an unmatched rate
- Are looking to minimize their wallet via an everyday credit card that rewards on redemption
- Aim to stand out from the crowd with an expertly crafted metal credit card weighing 22 grams
- Are seeking a dedicated 24/7 Concierge service offering personalized assistance to meet a variety of requests
- Stay at high-end hotels and resorts that offer Cardmembers amenities, breakfast vouchers and resort credits
- Are interested in premium travel benefits and protections found in few competing credit cards
Mastercard® Black Card Review
The Mastercard Black Card from Luxury Card is a high-end payment card that caters to those with elevated taste. Weighing in with an annual fee of $495, the Mastercard Black Card is very similar to its opulent sibling, the Mastercard® Gold Card™. Big travel benefits come part and parcel with this unique offer from Mastercard, as cardholders will see that their annual fee is easily offset by the VIP perks that accompany their spending. Moreover, the card’s black metal design is truly a standout feature – unique and innovative – with a difference you can feel. Premium credit cards are crafted from metal for a reason: There’s nothing quite like a card that is made of stainless steel. Nothing else feels like it or carries the strength and weight of it. It gestures something that words alone may not be able to convey.
Luxury Card Concierge
Get the VIP treatment with a 24-hour Luxury Card Concierge service catered specifically to your needs. Experience true luxury with agents available around the clock, by phone, live chat, and email. Luxury Card concierge can assist you with personal requests such as travel booking and suggestions, restaurant reservations, gift and activity recommendations, and even research. What’s more, this service is available to all cardmembers without any hidden fees. This lifestyle management tool is tailored to each cardmember’s specific needs, a personal touch that makes this program stand out from its competitors and elevates the Black Card to an even higher elite status.
Exceptional Travel Perks
Traveling with your Black Card is not only easy; it’s stress-free thanks to comprehensive travel services that are catered to your personal tastes. No matter your destination, whenever you travel, you’ll have countless resources at your fingertips.
The Luxury Card Travel program offers a comprehensive suite of travel services reserved exclusively for Cardmembers. Featuring over 3,000 properties from high-end hotel brands across the world, you’ll find the perfect place to rest your head wherever your journey takes you, along with welcome amenities like breakfast vouchers and resort credits. Handpicked destinations include the Montage in Los Cabos, the St. Regis Osaka, The Peninsula Shanghai, and the Ritz-Carlton.
Along with the vast variety of properties in the hotel collection, the Luxury Card Travel program allows you to enjoy carefully curated travel experiences that cover a variety of interests: culinary & wine, activity & adventure, sports & entertainment, family, arts & culture, and even specialty travel – all exclusively for Cardmembers.
Additionally, the Black Card opens the door to more than 1,200 complimentary airport lounges in 500 cities across the globe via a complimentary Priority Pass Select membership. Enjoy pre-flight food and drinks and connect to Wi-Fi in a private, quiet space while you wait for your connecting flight. There are no lounge visit limits, and all guests are allowed with Luxury Card’s Priority Pass membership – not just immediate family. Moreover, the membership includes restaurant lounges at 20 U.S. airports, most of which offer members a food and drink credit of $28-$30 per guest.
Pairing perfectly with this perk is an annual $100 automatic statement credit for the cost of a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck enrollment fee. These expedited security screening services make getting to and from your gate swift and easy.
If things don’t go your way while you fly, Luxury Card has you covered. Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that you’re protected by baggage delay insurance – if a checked bag on a common carrier flight is delayed in transit for tickets purchased using your Black Card, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of replacing essential personal or business items. And when your trip is delayed more than 6 hours for an eligible reason, you can receive up to $300 per trip, and up to $600 per 12-month period. Moreover, if your trip is cancelled or interrupted due to a covered reason, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip and $10,000 per 12-month period.
Luxury Card aims to keep you connected, especially through its Luxury Card App. This powerful tool assists you in finding hotels, travel services, and other perks directly from your mobile device. It also offers a 24/7 live chat service with a Concierge agent for an added personal touch. Use this to access itineraries, book flights and hotels, and more.
Lastly, in addition to all of the features offered by Luxury Card, you will be able to enjoy making purchases abroad without incurring any foreign transaction fees. And, this being a Mastercard, it is accepted in 210 countries around the world (compared to American Express’ 160 or so). Such a wide acceptance makes it both a great everyday card and an ideal card for those who travel abroad frequently.
Earning Points with the Mastercard Black Card
Enhance your purchasing power by using your Black Card – you’ll earn 1 point for every dollar you spend, every time you spend, on every purchase. Each purchase will bring you closer to the rewards you want. You can redeem points at a 2% value for airfare redemptions (for example, 50,000 points will redeem towards a $1,000 ticket on any airline without blackout dates or seat restrictions) and at a rate of 1.5% value for cash-back.
What’s great about the cash back option is that you can choose a statement credit or a cash deposit to any U.S. bank account. Many other cards either don’t allow direct deposits or require you to have a checking account with a specific bank. In addition, there are no minimum thresholds for redeeming rewards sparing customers from having to reach a certain amount of accumulated cash back before redeeming. Further sweetening the deal is the fact that you can easily switch redemption methods at any time. For instance, you may initially choose to redeem rewards for cash back; but if you decide to embark on a trip soon – where it makes more sense to enhance the redemption – you can instead redeem your rewards for airline tickets.
Additional Benefits and Protections
Take full advantage of the suite of services and features the Mastercard Black Card has to offer, including:
- Cellular Telephone Protection – Get reimbursement for the actual cost to replace or repair a stolen or damaged eligible cellular wireless telephone if your bill is charged to your Black Card.
- Fandango VIP – Treat yourself and your love for film by automatically earning double the points for tickets you buy with your Luxury Card (250 points per ticket). Once you earn 500 points, you’ll get a $5 reward. What’s more, rewards take 3 times longer to expire than in a standard Fandango membership account
- Complimentary ShopRunner Membership – Love to shop? Your Luxury Card includes access to ShopRunner, which entitles you to free 2-day shipping and free return shipping on eligible purchases. ShopRunner features over 100 retailers and a wide variety of categories
- Onefinestay Discounts – Complementing the Black Card’s travel perks, you can enjoy a 10% discount on eligible onefinestay rental home and villa bookings around the world
- Discount on Postmates – Luxury Card Cardmembers can get a $5 discount on all orders over $25 when they order food through Postmates and pay with their Black card.
- Auto Rental Collision Waiver – If you decline a rental company’s optional collision/damage waiver and opt for the Black Card’s protections instead, you can be reimbursed for covered losses to a rental vehicle in a covered territory. You can be reimbursed for a collision with another object, vandalism, theft, or other physical damage.
Should You Apply for the Mastercard® Black Card?
The Mastercard Black Card from Luxury Card is a complete and versatile payment option for those who want to stand out, make more of the experiences that already fit their lifestyle, and be treated to a wide range of benefits and conveniences. However, the card is exclusive and there is a strict approval rate. Regardless, those who qualify can take advantage of a plethora of perks.
Though its $495 annual fee is not insignificant – and places it among the company of the Chase Sapphire Reserve and The Platinum Card from American Express – the Black Card’s perks can easily offset the yearly charge if used to their full potential.
From the always-available Concierge service – which opens countless doors to exclusive events, experiences, and goods – to the VIP treatment enjoyed when booking and carrying out your travel plans, this is a card that places customers first, always. Its rewards redemption value is above the competition; its portfolio of dining and accommodation amenities is expansive; and its list of consumer protections covers nearly every major incident travel enthusiasts could contend with.
If you enjoy making a statement and value specialty services and preferential treatment – all the while earning and redeeming rewards towards future getaways – you’ll make a wise choice in considering adding the Mastercard Black Card to your arsenal of credit cards.