Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 1st, 2021
- Patented 24K-gold-plated front and carbon back—weighing 22 grams
- 2% value for airfare redemptions with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. 2% value for cash back redemptions. Earn one point for every one dollar spent
- 24/7 Luxury Card Concierge®—available by phone, email and live mobile chat. Around-the-clock service to help you save time and manage tasks big and small
- Exclusive Luxury Card Travel® benefits—average value of $500 per stay (e.g., resort credits, room upgrades, free wifi, breakfast for two and more) at over 3,000 properties
- Annual Airline Credit—up to $200 in statement credits toward flight-related purchases including airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades and more. Up to a $100 application fee credit for the cost of TSA Pre?® or Global Entry
- Enrollment in Priority Pass Select with access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide with no guest limit. Includes credits at select airport restaurants for cardholder and one guest
- Cell phone protection for eligible claims of up to $1,000 each year. Plus additional World Elite Mastercard® benefits
- Annual Fee: $995 ($295 for each Authorized User). Terms and conditions apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months on transfers that post within 45 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $995
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Mastercard® Gold Card™ is a lavish rewards credit card from Luxury Card™ that offers opulent rewards as well as a 24K gold-plated metal card design guaranteed to make a statement and catch the eye of anyone who sees it. Ideal for anyone who enjoys the finer things in life, it showers cardholders in exclusive benefits and VIP experiences.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are searching for a credit card that goes miles beyond offering simple rewards and instead emphasizes luxurious treatment and amenities
- Are looking for unparalleled 24/7 concierge service that works tirelessly to meet your personalized requests
- Frequently travel and can benefit from rewards that can be earned and redeemed towards future travel
- Wish to stand out with a visually stunning credit card design crafted with 24K-gold-plated stainless steel and carbon
Mastercard® Gold Card Review
The Gold Card is an impressive credit card offering. It ticks all the boxes you’d expect for a premium credit card and boasts quite a few perks that even competing cards lack. Though its $995 annual fee is among the highest of all consumer credit cards, the Gold is filled with incentives, bonuses, and credits that cater to those who do not put a price on quality and comfort.
Luxury Card Concierge
One of its standout features, 24/7 Luxury Card Concierge is a service that assists with travel bookings, personal requests, and more. A dedicated and complete lifestyle management tool that is tailored to your individual needs, Luxury Card Concierge is available via phone, live chat, and email.
Your dedicated Concierge team uses a global network and the latest technology to get the most from an advanced recommendation engine, providing you with meaningful, targeted, and personalized suggestions for travel, dining, accommodations, and more, based on your previous requests. It’s a very personal touch that’s not available with most credit cards on the market. From restaurant reservations to hotel and car rental booking to even flower arrangement delivery and recommendations for gifts and activities, the Luxury Card Concierge can accommodate customers’ lifestyle needs.
The Concierge can even help with less-than-common tasks: Need to research the best school districts in a city you’re planning to move to? Your Concierge can help. Want to check on stores that have a product in stock but prefer to avoid the time-consuming process of checking? The Concierge can help you plan and do the research necessary to find what you need.
Unbeatable Benefits for Travel Enthusiasts
The Mastercard Gold Card makes travel both easy and stress-free by providing comprehensive travel services based on your tastes. No matter where you go, or when, you’ll have countless resources at your fingertips. From the moment you arrive at the airport, you can breeze through security screening if you are enrolled in TSA Pre-Check. And once you return to the United States, you can equally make short work of the customs process by being a Global Entry enrollee. The Gold grants cardholders a $100 automatic statement credit for the cost of the Global Entry application fee.
As you wait for your flight, relax comfortably in one of the more than 1,300 airport experiences available worldwide within the Priority Pass portfolio. Having a Gold Card grants you complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, allowing you to enjoy pre-flight food and drinks as well as free Wi-Fi connectivity in a private, quiet space. You’ll find a member airport lounge in over 500 cities around the world.
Priority Pass also grants cardholders – and those traveling with them – access to over 31 restaurants at airports within the network. Restaurant access grants cardholders a dining credit off the bill of approximately $28 per person, allowing them to enjoy a bite to eat while waiting for their flight. This dining perk doesn’t apply to all premium credit cards with Priority Pass Select, as American Express recently removed the benefit for their cardholders – another reason why the Mastercard Gold Card is quickly gaining popularity.
To further sweeten the deal, the Gold Card automatically qualifies you for $200 in annual airline credits toward flight-related purchases (including airline tickets, baggage fees, and upgrades). This credit renews every year, making it particularly appealing for those with long travel bucket lists.
As you journey across various destinations, make use of the Luxury Card Travel program, which offers a comprehensive suite of services reserved exclusively for Mastercard Gold Card members. This program features over 3,000 properties from trusted hotel brands across the world. Also included are carefully curated travel experiences that cover multiple interests: Culinary & Wine, Activity & Adventure, Sports & Entertainment, Family, Arts & Culture, and even Specialty Travel – all exclusively for Luxury Card customers.
Tying all these perks together is the Luxury Card App. This virtual companion allows you to find hotels, travel services, and other amenities from your mobile device and offers a 24/7 live chat with a Concierge agent – particularly useful if traveling internationally when calls might be a more expensive option. Use the app to access itineraries, book flights and hotels, and more.
Earning Rewards with the Mastercard Gold Card
Part of the Gold Card’s allure comes from the rewards-redemption options that back up this gold-plated credit card. It shines both literally and figuratively while packing plenty of redemption power. For each purchase you make with your Gold Card, you’ll earn 1 point per $1 spent with no limits or caps. You’ll see a 2% value for airfare redemptions and a 2% value for cash back redemptions – meaning if you spend $1,000 each month with this card, you’ll earn $240 in cash back each year, or $240 in annual airfare redemption options. This 2% valuation in airfare redemption puts the Gold Card at the top of its class. Cash back rewards can be applied as a statement credit to save you money on a purchase, or it can be deposited directly into a U.S. bank account to be used as savings.
Luxury Card Travel and Consumer Protections
Frequent travelers will be happy to know that Luxury Card protects them from any major setbacks, ensuring peace of mind. Coverage includes baggage delay insurance – if a checked bag on a common carrier flight is delayed in transit for tickets purchased using your Mastercard® Gold Card™, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of replacing essential personal or business items. Also included is reimbursement of up to $300 – and up to $600 per $12-month period – if your trip is delayed more than 6 hours for an eligible reason. What’s more, if your trip is canceled or interrupted due to a covered reason, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip and $10,000 per 12-month period. Should their cell phone be damaged or stolen, cardholders are reimbursed for the actual cost to replace or repair an eligible wireless cellular device if the bill is charged to their Gold Card.
In addition to offering travel insurance coverage, cardholders will be happy to know that Luxury Card™ monitors the security of every transaction, whether it is made in-store, online, in-app or via a wearable device like an Apple Watch, so your personal information will be safe every time you use your Mastercard Gold Card. There is also Mastercard ID theft protection and $0 fraud liability protection. Moreover, if your card is misplaced or stolen, you can receive a temporary replacement within 24 hours in the United States or within 48 hours globally.
Everyday Luxury and Value
A world-class, premium credit can’t merely offer luxury when traveling – it also needs to perform every day. The Gold Card shines in this regard, offering a level of benefits that are difficult to beat. The card offers a dizzying array of perks for members, which easily offset the annual fee. These perks include:
- ShopRunner: Mastercard Gold Cardholders enjoy complimentary Shoprunner membership. The service provides two-day shipping and free returns at over 125 stores – a $79 per year value.
- Boxed: Boxed takes the stress out of purchasing bulk items. Gold Cardholders receive 5% cash rewards on all eligible Boxed orders for use with future Boxed purchases.
- Lyft: Cardholders who enroll with Lyft and take five eligible rides in a month using their card receive a $10 Lyft credit. Since this is an ongoing benefit, cardholders can keep earning rewards month after month.
- Luxury Global Dining Collection: Enjoy priority bookings and reservations, complimentary appetizers, desserts, or wine, private tours, and more
- The Ultimate Golf Program: Access prestigious golf clubs and tournaments, book tee times at popular courses, and create an unforgettable golfing experience, anywhere worldwide.
Should You Apply for the Mastercard® Gold Card?
The Mastercard Gold Card from Luxury Card offers the pinnacle of sophistication and exclusivity in an expertly crafted, gilded piece of metal. This is a card for individuals who prioritize time- and worry-saving services and who particularly enjoy exclusive member access anywhere they go. Coupled with the convenience of the Luxury Card Concierge service and the Luxury Card App, it is a valuable companion for those whose lifestyles have higher demands and expectations. While the card does carry a notable annual price, the plethora of perks that accompany it will certainly offset this cost.
Indeed, the hotel-centric perks of the Gold Card more than pay that annual fee with every stay. On average, cardholders enjoy approximately $500 in value per eligible stay when they use their Gold Card to book. While not every stay is eligible, the Luxury Hotel Collection consists of over 3,000 properties across the globe, meaning the luxury-minded traveler is sure to find an impeccable property to suit there needs. And, once there, they’ll enjoy preferred rates, room upgrades, complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, late check out, and more.
The Mastercard Gold Card is a luxurious credit card for those who want to make a statement – while saving money at the same time. While the card might not be the first thing that springs to mind when considering a luxury credit card, it should be – as impeccable quality and this card go hand-in-hand.