| Last updated on November 7th, 2023
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- 21.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card provides huge travel perks, impressive miles on every purchase, and more – for a $395 annual fee. New accounts also enjoy 75,000 miles after making $4,000 in purchases in the first three months.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests to 1,300+ lounges, including Capital One Lounges and our Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more-you can even transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Elevate your stay at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection with a $100 experience credit, daily breakfast for 2 and complimentary WiFi on every booking, plus other premium benefits like room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout when available
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Annual Fee: $395
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You travel often, and want a card that provides lounge access, elite status, and more
- You plan on issuing cards to multiple authorized users
- You plan on spending at least $4,000 on the card in the first three months
- You don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is an exciting, ultra-premium travel credit card from Capital One. The card is the bank’s most ambitious credit card, featuring up to 10X miles on select travel bookings, up to $300 in annual travel credits, lounge access, and more – for a $395 annual fee.
Earn Up to 10X Miles on Capital One Travel Bookings
As an ultra-premium travel credit card, the Venture X has tough competition. Capital One, however, isn’t backing down, pricing the card below rivals like the Chase Sapphire Reserve while offering equally impressive rewards.
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card earns up to 10X Venture miles on eligible purchases. The miles breakdown with the card is as follows:
- 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked via Capital One Travel
- 5X miles on flights booked via Capital One Travel
- 2X miles on all other purchases
While the emphasis on Capital One Travel bookings is frustrating, the bank’s travel portal utilizes the Hopper platform, making it easy to secure the best price on travel bookings. Prioritizing bookings made through Capital One’s proprietary booking platform isn’t something unique to the Venture X either. Both Chase and Amex offer their best earning potential through proprietary booking services – so the Venture X’s rewards strategy isn’t out of the ordinary.
Perhaps the most impressive earning rate with the Venture X is the 2X miles on all other purchases. Double miles on base purchases are an excellent rate – on par with the $95 annual fee Capital One Venture.
Impressive 75,000 Miles Sign-Up Bonus
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is impressive enough, but the card’s introducer bonus offer takes things to a new level. New accountholders earn 75,000 miles after meeting minimum spend requirements. Those spend requirements, $4,000 on purchases within the first three months, are fairly steep – but provide an excellent goal for the type of frequent traveler that would benefit most from the card.
Capital One Rewards have a value of one cent per mile/point, giving this introductory mile bonus an approximate cash value of $750 (or 10% cash back). Other experts value Capital One miles higher (as high as 1.7 cents/pt.), so the actual value of the welcome offer may provide even greater value. This bonus offer is on par with cards with significantly higher annual fees, with the Platinum Card from American Express the most notable competitor.
10,000 Mile Anniversary Bonus
Cardholders also enjoy a 10,000-mile bonus for every account anniversary. This bonus is a $100 value just for keeping the Venture X open.
How to Redeem Venture Miles
As mentioned, Capital One Venture miles have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point (using the flat rate 1 cent for cash back and the much higher 1.7 cent value for transferring to select airlines, like Air Canada’s Aeroplan). Therefore, this median valuation is based upon the typical redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital one Rewards portal.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
|AeroMexico (Club Premier)||British Airways (Executive Club)||EVA Air (Infinity Miles)|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||Emirates (Skywards)||Qantas Miles|
|Avianca (LifeMiles)||Etihad Guest||Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)|
|Air France/KLM (Flying Blue)||Finnair Plus||TAP (Miles&Go)|
|Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)||ALL (Accor Live Limitless)||Choice Privileges|
|Turkish Airlines (Miles&Smiles)|
Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon).
Venture X Rewards Cardholders can also opt to use points through PayPal and its Pay with Rewards program. Pay with Rewards is PayPal’s flexible rewards platform that allows select credit cardholders to use their rewards points to make purchases anywhere in the world that PayPal is accepted. The program allows cardholders the ability to pay for purchases entirely with their points or partially with their rewards.
Ultra-Premium Card Comparison
Capital One Venture X
|Rewards||Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines of Amex Travel, 5X on prepaid hotels booked thorugh AmexTravel.com, and 1X on all other purchases||Earn 5X on flights through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 10X on hotels and car rentals through Ultimate Rewards, 10X on Chase Dining, 3X on all other travel purchases, 3X on dining, and 1X on all other purchases||Earn 10X miles on hotels & rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, 3X on flights through Capital One Travel, and 1X on all other purchases|
|Lounge access||Priority Pass Select, Centurion Lounge||Priority Pass Select||Priority Pass Select and Capital One Lounge access|
A Dizzying Assortment of Travel Perks
Any luxury travel card worth its salt needs to provide a level of comfort not found with cards with lower price points. Here, the Venture X shines. Luxurious travel perks start with airport lounge access.
Airport Lounge Access
Airport lounge access with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card includes both Priority Pass Select and access to the Capital One Lounges. Priority Pass Select offers the cardholders (and up to two guests) complimentary access to over 1,300 airport lounges and restaurants worldwide. Cardholders also enjoy unlimited access to Capital One Lounges, which currently includes three locations:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Terminal D by Gate 22
- Dulles International Airport, Main Terminal
- Denver International Airport, Concourse A on the Mezzanine Level
Even more impressive, Capital One is offering lounge access to authorized users. This feature means that gifting an additional card (the first four are free of charge) and guests can also access Capital One Lounges and the vast Priority Pass Network.
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card also comes with several travel statement credits. These credits include:
- Up to a $300 credit annually credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fees every four years
- Limited time $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO
Other Travel Features
Other notable travel perks with the Venture X include:
- Complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders authorized users and account managers
- Rental car protection for the primary account holder
- Trip delay and cancellation/interruption reimbursement
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- No foreign transaction fees
Other Card Features
Other features with the card include the impressive collection of protections and benefits, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
|Luxury Hotel Collection||Travel & Emergency Assistance||Extended Warranty Coverage|
|Travel Accident Insurance and Delay Reimbursement||Trip Cancellation /Interruption Insurance||Return Protection|
|Visa Infinite Concierge|
Cardholders also enjoy access to Capital One Experiences, offering exclusive access to entertainment, sports, and dining events.
Capital One Ratings
Capital One is one of the biggest issuers of credit cards in the United States. Here is a taste of what you can expect from the bank, courtesy of expert reviews by the BestCards team and other customers:
Should You Apply for the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card?
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is an exciting offer in an extremely competitive marketplace. The card’s earning potential with the Capital One Travel portal is impressive – but not as impressive as the huge array of travel protections and benefits the card provides for a comparatively modest $395 annual fee.
Despite this, the card offers lounge access, various travel protections, and TSA PreCheck credits for an annual fee $55 lower than the Chase Sapphire Reserve. The Sapphire also charges $50 per year for each authorized user, whereas the Venture X offers up to four free additional cards at no extra cost. The Venture X’s welcome bonus is equally competitive with the Reserve (although Chase does not provide an anniversary bonus to cardholders, while Capital One does – 10,000 miles).
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.