Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 23rd, 2021
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
Earn 20,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for the first 12 months that your account is open
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months
- Unlimited 1.25X miles per dollar on every purchase
- Transfer miles to 15 available airline partners
- No foreign transaction fees
- 5X miles per dollar when you book car rentals and hotel stays through Capital One Travel
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 12 months that your account is open
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49%, variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts at a promotional APR. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Capital One VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card features unlimited 1.25 reward miles earned per dollar spent on every purchase, as well as a new cardmember offer that can result in 20,000 miles being earned after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. These miles can then can be redeemed as statement credits towards the cost of travel purchases made with the VentureOne® card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Will spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Are eager to earn an unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on all purchases, every day
- Don’t care for annual fees or foreign transaction fees, as this card has none
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card Review
The VentureOne® from Capital One® is a decent travel rewards card with solid rewards – all for no annual fee.
The VentureOne also comes with a bonus of 20,000 miles after spending just $500 on the card within the first three months. This introductory offer has a value of approximately $275, which is a nice little perk for meeting a very modest minimum spend.
The signup bonus with the VentureOne Card is more appealing than that on offer with the full-blooded Venture Rewards Card in many ways. The Venture offers 50,000 miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first three months. While 20,000 is less than 50,000, the spending requirement with the VentureOne is significantly lower than the Venture, making it an excellent choice for those new to travel rewards – and not looking for a card with a $95 annual fee.
0% Intro APR
Another nice feature of the VentureOne Card is a 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first year. New accounts enjoy no interest on purchases for the first 12 months (subject to credit approval), with a competitive APR after that.
The 0% intro APR n purchases for 12 months is less than the 14 months the Discover It Miles offers. Still, for those with good credit, 12 months is a lengthy period that provides the chance to pay down a holiday or business travel purchases without fear of interest.
How to Earn Rewards
The VentureOne® from Capital One® offers excellent value for no annual fee. The card earns an unlimited 1.25 miles for every dollar spent on purchases. While this 1.25X miles is less than the 2X that comes from the Venture Card, but at a savings of $95 per year. There are no limits to the number of miles you can earn – and miles never expire.
How to Redeem Miles
Capital One Rewards points have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point. This valuation is based upon the best redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital one Rewards portal.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
Air France/ KLM
TAP Air Portugal
Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon).
VentureOne Cardholders can also opt to use points through PayPal and its Pay with Rewards program. Pay with Rewards is PayPal’s flexible rewards platform that allows select credit cardholders to use their rewards points to make purchases anywhere in the world that PayPal is accepted. The program allows cardholders the ability to pay for purchases entirely with their points or partially with their rewards.
Other Card Features
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Visa travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes in the form of emergency card replacement should it be lost or stolen and account alerts from Capital One’s virtual assistant, Eno.
Should You Apply for the VentureOne® from Capital One®?
The VentureOne® from Capital One® is a very good card for those who want to earn no-nonsense rewards without an annual fee. The 1.25X miles on every purchase is a substantial reward for a card that doesn’t come with a yearly charge. The 20,000 bonus miles are another nice perk – especially given the minimum spend required to reach this goal.