Last updated on May 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- 19.74% - 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.74% - 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for the first 15 months that your account is open Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card features unlimited 1.25 reward miles earned per dollar spent on every purchase, as well as a cardmember offer that can result in 40,000 miles being earned after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. These miles can then can be redeemed as statement credits towards the cost of travel purchases made with the VentureOne card.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options
- Use your miles to get reimbursed for any travel purchase-or redeem by booking a trip through Capital One Travel
- Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 15 months that your account is open
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.74% - 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months after account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.74% - 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts at a promotional APR. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR
- Cash Advance APR: 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You can spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from opening an account to qualify for a signup bonus
- You're eager to earn an unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on all purchases, every day
- You don’t care for annual fees or foreign transaction fees, as this card has none
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit CardTerms & Conditions
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a decent travel rewards card with solid rewards – all for no annual fee.
The VentureOne also comes with a bonus of 20,000 miles after spending $500 on the card within the first three months. This introductory offer has a value of approximately $200, which is a nice little perk for meeting a very modest minimum spend.
The signup bonus with the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is more appealing than that on offer with the full-blooded Venture Rewards Card in many ways. The Venture currently offers a higher amount of miles after making a larger spending requirement within the first three months. While not as attractive as its big brother’s offer, the VentureOne’s 20,000-point bonus is still hefty – not to mention that the spending requirement is also significantly lower than the Venture Card’s, making it an excellent choice for those new to travel rewards and not looking for a card with a $95 annual fee.
0% Intro APR
Another nice feature of the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the 15 months. New accounts enjoy no interest on purchases or transfers for the first 15 months (subject to credit approval), with a competitive APR after that.
The 0% intro APR 0n purchases and balance transfers for 15 months is a lengthy period that provides the chance to pay down a holiday or business travel purchases without fear of interest.
How to Earn Rewards
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card offers excellent value for no annual fee. The card earns an unlimited 1.25 miles for every dollar spent on purchases. While this 1.25X miles is less than the 2X that comes from the Venture Card, but at a savings of $95 per year. There are no limits to the number of miles you can earn – and miles never expire. That rate compares favorably with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, but lacks many of that premium card’s features and benefits.
How to Redeem Miles
Capital One Rewards points have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point. This valuation is based upon the best redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital one Rewards portal.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
|AeroMexico (Club Premier)||British Airways (Executive Club)||EVA Air (Infinity Miles)|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||Emirates (Skywards)||Qantas Miles|
|Avianca (LifeMiles)||Etihad Guest||Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)|
|Air France/KLM (Flying Blue)||Finnair Plus||TAP (Miles&Go)|
|Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)||ALL (Accor Live Limitless)||Choice Privileges|
|Turkish Airlines (Miles&Smiles)|
Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon).
Capital One VentureOne Rewards cardholders can also opt to use points through PayPal and its Pay with Rewards program. Pay with Rewards is PayPal’s flexible rewards platform that allows select credit cardholders to use their rewards points to make purchases anywhere in the world that PayPal is accepted. The program allows cardholders the ability to pay for purchases entirely with their points or partially with their rewards.
Other Card Features
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Visa travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes in the form of emergency card replacement should it be lost or stolen and account alerts from Capital One’s virtual assistant, Eno.
Should You Apply for the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card?
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a very good card for those who want to earn no-nonsense rewards without an annual fee that comes from the very best cards, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® . The 1.25X miles on every purchase is a substantial reward for a card that doesn’t come with a yearly charge. The 20,000 bonus miles are another nice perk – especially given the minimum spend required to reach this goal.