| Last updated on November 7th, 2023
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for the first 15 months that your account is open Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card features unlimited 1.25 reward miles earned per dollar spent on every purchase, as well as a cardmember offer that can result in 40,000 miles being earned after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. These miles can then can be redeemed as statement credits towards the cost of travel purchases made with the VentureOne card.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options
- Use your miles to get reimbursed for any travel purchase-or redeem by booking a trip through Capital One Travel
- Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 15 months that your account is open
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months after account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts at a promotional APR. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You can spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from opening an account to qualify for a signup bonus
- You're eager to earn an unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on all purchases, every day
- You don’t care for annual fees or foreign transaction fees, as this card has none
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a decent travel rewards card with solid rewards – all for no annual fee. The card is ideal for anyone looking to establish a strong credit history further, as it is more accessible than Capital One’s other Venture Rewards credit cards.
Ideal for the Occasional Traveler
Capital One’s Venture Cards cater to the heavy traveler thanks to lucrative (and unlimited) miles, juicy welcome offers, and impressive travel perks. The VentureOne Rewards Card, on the other hand, is perfect for those new to travel – or anyone who travels, just not enough to justify the $95 or $395 annual fees with the Venture and Venture X Cards, respectively.
Variable Welcome Offers
The VentureOne provides different welcome offers based on the card you apply for. Wait, what? It sounds confusing, but it isn’t – Capital One has two VentureOne offers: one for good credit and one for excellent credit.
The “excellent credit” version of the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card comes with a bonus of 20,000 miles after spending $500 on the card within the first three months. This introductory offer has a value of approximately $200, which is a nice little perk for meeting a very modest minimum spend. That bonus is roughly $300 when applied toward travel awards with Capital One Travel.
Excellent credit applicants also enjoy 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, with a variable APR based on creditworthiness afterward. That intro period is on par with cards like Discover It or Discover It Miles, Citi Custom Cash, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and more.
Unfortunately, VentureOne for Good Credit applicants are not eligible for new cardmember bonus miles or 0% intro APR.
How to Earn Rewards
The VentureOne Rewards Card offers excellent value for no annual fee. The card earns an unlimited 1.25X miles for every dollar spent on purchases. While this 1.25X miles is less than the 2X that comes from the Venture Card, it is at a savings of $95 per year. There are no limits to the number of miles you can earn – and miles never expire. That rate compares favorably with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card but lacks many of that premium card’s features and benefits.
Here’s how the VentureOne stacks up with other no annual fee options:
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
Discover it® Miles
Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa®
|Rewards rate||Unlimited 1.25X miles||Unlimited 1.5X miles||Unlimited 1.5% cash back|
|Intro APR||N/A||15 months on purchases & BTs||N/A|
How to Redeem Miles
Capital One Rewards points have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point. This valuation is based upon the best redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital one Rewards portal.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
|AeroMexico (Club Premier)||British Airways (Executive Club)||EVA Air (Infinity Miles)|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||Emirates (Skywards)||Qantas Miles|
|Avianca (LifeMiles)||Etihad Guest||Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)|
|Air France/KLM (Flying Blue)||Finnair Plus||TAP (Miles&Go)|
|Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)||ALL (Accor Live Limitless)||Choice Privileges|
|Turkish Airlines (Miles&Smiles)|
Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon).
Capital One VentureOne Rewards cardholders can also opt to use points through PayPal and its Pay with Rewards program. Pay with Rewards is PayPal’s flexible rewards platform that allows select credit cardholders to use their rewards points to make purchases anywhere in the world that PayPal is accepted. The program allows cardholders the ability to pay for purchases entirely with their points or partially with their rewards.
Comparing the Venture Cards
Here is how the three Venture Cards compare:
|Card||Venture X Rewards||Venture Rewards||VentureOne Rewards|
|Rewards rate||Unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cards through Capital One Travel, 5X on flights through Capital One Travel, 2X miles on every other purchase||Unlimited 2X miles on every purchase||Unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase|
|Best perk||Capital One Lounge access||Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® credit||No foreign transaction fees|
|Annual fee||$395||$95 annual fee||$0 annual fee|
Other Card Features
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Visa travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes in the form of emergency card replacement should it be lost or stolen and account alerts from Capital One’s virtual assistant, Eno.
Here are all the Visa Platinum protections and benefits:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
Capital One Ratings
How is Capital One as a credit card issuer? Here is a selection of reviews for the bank from consumers and experts alike:
Should You Apply for the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card?
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a very good card for those who want to earn no-nonsense rewards without an annual fee that comes from the very best cards, like the . The 1.25X miles on every purchase is a substantial reward for a card that doesn’t come with a yearly charge. The 20,000 bonus miles are another nice perk – especially given the minimum spend required to reach this goal.
Ultimately, the VentureOne offers plenty to enjoy if you are loyal to Capital One and want an entry-level, no-fuss rewards card. For those looking for more rewards, the Discover It Miles might provide more miles in a numerical sense (1.5X vs. 1.25X), but Capital One has the edge both on the value of points and the ability to transfer them to numerous partners.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.