Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 23rd, 2021
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- 5X miles per dollar spent on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel portal
- 2X miles per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Receive up to a $100 credit for TSA Pre-check or Global Entry
- Transfer miles to 15 available travel partners
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%, variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Through the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card, you’ll be able to earn an unlimited 2X reward miles per dollar spent on every purchase, every day, meaning there aren’t any annoying categories to memorize to maximize your miles. New Venture® cardholders are also entitled to a whopping 60,000 bonus miles after 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months bonus offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel frequently and can take advantage of the card’s 2X reward miles earning potential
- Do not want to jump through hoops when it comes to categories that earn you bonus miles
- Want an extra 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Have excellent credit
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One Venture Rewards Card is a premium travel rewards credit card that offers simplicity and value in a single package. The card offers excellent value for those that want the value that comes from double miles on every purchase and the freedom of a rewards program that doesn’t limit redemption options.
The Venture Rewards provides significant value for its $95 annual fee. One of the features offering this huge potential is the signup bonus of 60,000 miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first three months. Still, the no annual fee VentureOne Card (also from Capital One) offers a 20,000-mile bonus for just $500 in spending (in the same three-month period).
Double Miles on Everything
The Venture® from Capital One® is one of the premier travel cards thanks – in part – to the impressive rewards it earns. The card earns an unlimited 2X miles on every purchase. The beauty of the double miles on all purchases means cardholders don’t have to bother with cumbersome categories. Every dollar spent earns two points – it is that simple.
Capital One Venture vs. VentureOne Rewards: Head-to-Head
- 100,000-mile sign up offer
- Unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
- No foreign transaction fees
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Credit
- 20,000-mile sign up offer
- Unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase
- No foreign transaction fees
How to Redeem Miles
Capital One Rewards points have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point. This valuation is based upon the best redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital one Rewards portal.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
Air France/ KLM
TAP Air Portugal
Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon).
Venture Rewards Cardholders can also opt to use points through PayPal and its Pay with Rewards program. Pay with Rewards is PayPal’s flexible rewards platform that allows select credit cardholders to use their rewards points to make purchases anywhere in the world that PayPal is accepted. The program allows cardholders the ability to pay for purchases entirely with their points or partially with their rewards.
Other Travel Perks
Beyond the impressive rewards, the Venture Card also provides several other travel-oriented benefits. Cardholders can anticipate a $100 statement credit for TSA Precheck or Global Entry application costs. This perk will allow them to make their way through TSA security when departing quickly, and U.S. Customers when arriving from their travels.
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Visa travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes in the form of emergency card replacement should it be lost or stolen and a waived annual fee for the first year.
Should You Apply for the Venture® from Capital One®?
The Venture® from Capital One® is an excellent travel card for those who prefer points to perks. The $95 annual fee is waived for the first year, giving new accounts plenty of time to amass an impressive haul of miles. Capital One makes this task easier, thanks to 2X miles on every purchase and an impressive 60,000 miles after meeting minimum spend requirements.
The card doesn’t offer the massive array of airport perks that comes from pricier travel card options. Still, a TSA Precheck statement credit is a bonus worth taking advantage of. The wide selection of redemption options is another great perk, as are the 15+ transfer partners, including names like Etihad, Air Canada, jet Blue, and Wyndham.
Overall, the Venture® from Capital One® is a very nice rewards card for those who love to travel, but can’t justify an annual fee of over $100.