Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Earn $300 Cash Bonus After Spending $3,000
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 21.49% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 21.49% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter.
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment
- Earn 2% at grocery stores
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 8% cash back on tickets through Vivid Seats
- Annual fee is waived the first year
- Receive $9.99 statement credit after paying for Postmates Unlimited membership
- Enjoy comprehensive, personalized assistance in dining, entertainment and travel— 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 21.49% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 21.49% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each balance transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
Make memories while funding future adventures with the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card. This exclusive entertainment credit card boasts an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment is a great card for couples, families, and social butterflies.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores, and 1% on all other purchases
- See yourself spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening the card to earn that one-time $300 cash bonus
- Live for unique dining, entertainment, and sports experiences
- Want complimentary food delivery membership through Postmates
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Savor® Cash Rewards card is a fan-favorite cash back credit card and one of the first of its kind. While there is no shortage of credit cards that offer dining and grocery rewards, the card offers all that and more – namely 4% cash back on entertainment.
This previously untapped rewards category includes museums, water parks, amusement parks, sports events, and concert tickets. High cash back returns and broad reward categories make this card a fantastic option as someone’s main credit card or a supplementary one. Pro tip: pair with a travel card and earn cash back for your tourist outings.
This card offers a sub-par signup bonus of only $300 cash back after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. It’s a high spend for a small reward and overall a pretty unattractive intro offer. Fortunately, the Savor Rewards credit card more than makes up for the lackluster signup bonus with generous reward categories – you won’t want to churn and burn this card.
Cash Back Categories
It offers 4% cash back on dining and entertainment; 2% at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else. While the Savor Rewards card has a $95 annual fee (which is waived the first year) cardholders will find it easy to recoup the costs from the returns on their everyday spending in a single category. Here’s how much you would have to spend to make up the cost of the Savor Rewards annual fee through one category alone:
- Dining & Entertainment (4% cash back) = $2,375 per year / $197.91 a month
- Grocery Stores (2% cash back) = $4750 per year / $395.83 a month
- Everything Else (1% cash back) = $9,500 per year / $791.66
(Love the idea of earning cash back on entertainment but don’t spend enough to earn back the annual fee? Check out SavorOne℠ Rewards for a no-annual-fee version of the Savor card.)
But the perks don’t end there. The Savor credit card also comes with a free monthly Postmates Unlimited membership (regularly $9.99 per month) as well as a $9.99 membership
Should You Apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
The diverse range of rewards categories makes this card a good fit for most wallets. It’s perfect for date nights, family vacations, and hitting the town with friends. If you love live entertainment in all its forms, then you mustn’t miss out on the Capital One® Savor card and unprecedented access to premium dining, entertainment, and sporting events around the country. You must have excellent credit to apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – if you’re not there yet, you can learn how to raise your credit score.
Ultimately, the major drawback to the Savor Rewards Card from Capital One is the $95 annual fee. For those that love entertainment and dining, it might seem like a no brainer, but for those who don’t spend enough on those categories, other options are available for no annual fee.
Some of those options include the no annual fee SavorOne Rewards Card, also from Capital One, or the new Chase Freedom Flex. Another exciting card option is U.S. Bank’s Altitude Go Visa Signature.