Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 9th, 2022
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.49%, 22.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.49%, 22.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Unlimited 4% cash back on dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services
- Earn 3% at grocery stores
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 8% cash back on tickets through Vivid Seats
- Receive $9.99 statement credit after paying for Postmates Unlimited membership
- Enjoy comprehensive, personalized assistance in dining, entertainment and travel— 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.49%, 22.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.49%, 22.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Make memories while funding future adventures with the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card. This exclusive entertainment credit card boasts an unlimited 4% cash back on streaming, dining, and entertainment is a great card for couples, families, and social butterflies.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn an unlimited 4% cash back on streaming, dining, and entertainment, 3% at grocery stores, and 1% on all other purchases
- See yourself spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening the card to earn that one-time $300 cash bonus
- Live for unique dining, entertainment, and sports experiences
- Want complimentary food delivery membership through Postmates
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Savor® Cash Rewards card is a fan-favorite cash back credit card and one of the first of its kind. While there is no shortage of credit cards that offer dining and grocery rewards, the card offers all that and more – namely 4% cash back on entertainment.
This previously untapped rewards category includes museums, water parks, amusement parks, sports events, and concert tickets. High cash back returns and broad reward categories make this card a fantastic option as someone’s main credit card or a supplementary one. Pro tip: pair with a travel card and earn cash back for your tourist outings.
This card offers a sub-par signup bonus of only $300 cash back after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. It’s a high spend for a small reward and overall a pretty unattractive intro offer. Fortunately, the Savor Rewards credit card more than makes up for the lackluster signup bonus with generous reward categories – you won’t want to churn and burn this card.
Cash Back Categories
It offers 4% cash back on dining and entertainment(including streaming services) ; 3% at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else. While the Savor Rewards card has a $95 annual fee cardholders will find it easy to recoup the costs from the returns on their everyday spending in a single category. Here’s how much you would have to spend to make up the cost of the Savor Rewards annual fee through one category alone:
- Dining & Entertainment (4% cash back) = $2,375 per year / $197.91 a month
- Grocery Stores (3% cash back) = $3205 per year / $266.83 a month
- Everything Else (1% cash back) = $9,500 per year / $791.66
(Love the idea of earning cash back on entertainment but don’t spend enough to earn back the annual fee? Check out SavorOne℠ Rewards for a no-annual-fee version of the Savor card.)
But the perks don’t end there. The Savor credit card also comes with a free monthly Postmates Unlimited membership (regularly $9.99 per month) as well as a $9.99 membership.
Capital One Savor v. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Head-to-Head
|Card||Sapphire Preferred||Capital One® Savor®|
|Rewards rate||Earn 5X on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 2X on all other travel purchases, 3X on dining, 3X on groceries and streaming services, and 1X on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 4% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases|
|Credits||$50 hotel||$9.99/month Postmates|
Should You Apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
The diverse range of rewards categories makes this card a good fit for most wallets. It’s perfect for date nights, family vacations, and hitting the town with friends. If you love live entertainment in all its forms, then you mustn’t miss out on the Capital One® Savor card and unprecedented access to premium dining, entertainment, and sporting events around the country.
You must have excellent credit to apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – if you’re not there yet, you can learn how to raise your credit score.
Ultimately, the major drawback to the Savor Rewards Card from Capital One is the $95 annual fee. For those that love entertainment and dining, it might seem like a no brainer, but for those who don’t spend enough on those categories, other options are available for no annual fee.
Some of those options include the no annual fee SavorOne Rewards Card, also from Capital One, or the Chase Freedom Flex and Citi Custom Cash℠ Card. Another exciting card option is U.S. Bank’s Altitude Go Visa Signature.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.