| Last updated on November 7th, 2023
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 19.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Make memories while funding future adventures with the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card. This exclusive entertainment credit card boasts an unlimited 4% cash back on streaming, dining, and entertainment is a great card for couples, families, and social butterflies.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Unlimited 4% cash back on dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services
- Earn 3% at grocery stores
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 8% cash back on tickets through Vivid Seats
- Receive $9.99 statement credit after paying for Postmates Unlimited membership
- Enjoy comprehensive, personalized assistance in dining, entertainment and travel— 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% - 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You want to earn an unlimited 4% cash back on streaming, dining, and entertainment, 3% at grocery stores, and 1% on all other purchases
- You see yourself spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening the card to earn that one-time $300 cash bonus
- You live for unique dining, entertainment, and sports experiences
- You want complimentary food delivery membership through Postmates
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Savor® Cash Rewards card is a fan-favorite cash back credit card and one of the first of its kind. While there is no shortage of credit cards that offer dining and grocery rewards, the card offers all that and more – namely 4% cash back on entertainment.
The Savor doesn’t have a massive welcome bonus to match its premium price tag. Instead, the card has a reasonable, highly-achievable bonus to please foodies. New accounts earn a one-time $300 cash bonus once they spend $3,000 on purchases within three months of account opening.
Earn Up to 4% Back on Dining and more
The Savor Cash Rewards is one of the very best entertainment and dining credit cards on the market, and it is easy to see why. The card offers 4% cash back on dining and entertainment (including streaming services), 3% at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else.
That 4% back is extra impressive as it applies to many merchants, not just restaurants and TV. For example, here is what Capital One classifies as “dining”:
|Bakeries||Cafes||Restaurants (full service)||Bars|
And here are all the services that Capital One counts as an “eligible streaming service”:
|Apple TV/ Music||FuboTV||SiriusXM|
|Bandcamp||HBO Now||Sling TV|
While there is no shortage of credit cards that offer dining and grocery rewards, the card offers all that and more – namely 4% cash back on entertainment. This previously untapped rewards category includes museums, water parks, amusement parks, sports events, and concert tickets. High cash back returns and broad reward categories make this card a fantastic option as someone’s main credit card or a supplementary one.
Keep in mind these lists are continuously updated. Always check the Capital One terms & conditions before applying.
Dining Card Comparison
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Capital One® Savor® Rewards
|Rewards rate||Earn 5X on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 2X on all other travel purchases, 3X on dining, 3X on groceries and streaming services, and 1X on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 4% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases|
|Credits||$50 hotel||$9.99/month Postmates|
How to Maximize Rewards with Savor
While the Savor Rewards card has a $95 annual fee, cardholders will find it easy to recoup the costs from the returns on their everyday spending in a single category. Here’s how much you would have to spend to make up the cost of the Savor Rewards annual fee through one category alone:
- Dining & Entertainment (4% cash back) = $2,375 per year / $197.91 a month
- Grocery Stores (3% cash back) = $3205 per year / $266.83 a month
- Everything Else (1% cash back) = $9,500 per year / $791.66
But the perks don’t end there. The Savor credit card also comes with a free monthly Postmates Unlimited membership (regularly $9.99 per month) and a $9.99 membership.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to Dining Credit Cards
How do the various Savor credit cards compare? Here are the cards side-by-side:
|Card||Savor® Rewards||SavorOne Cash Rewards||SavorOne Student Cash Rewards|
|Rewards||Earn unlimited 4% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 3% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 3% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases|
How to Redeem Rewards
One of the great features of the Capital One Rewards program is the flexibility it offers. Capital One Rewards do not expire for the life of the account and are redeemable for various options. Cardholders can use their points towards various award options, including cash back as statement credits, shopping, and travel through the Capital One travel portal. Shopping is a robust category thanks to the ability to make purchases with Amazon or via PayPal Pay with Points.
Other Card Features
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Mastercard travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes in the form account alerts from Capital One’s virtual assistant, Eno.
Here are all the Mastercard protections and benefits:
ID Theft Protection
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Capital One Ratings
How is Capital One as a credit card issuer? Here is a selection of reviews for the bank from consumers and experts alike:
Should You Apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
The diverse range of rewards categories makes this card a good fit for most wallets. It’s perfect for date nights, family vacations, and hitting the town with friends. If you love live entertainment in all its forms, then you mustn’t miss out on the Capital One® Savor card and unprecedented access to premium dining, entertainment, and sporting events around the country.
You must have excellent credit to apply for the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – if you’re not there yet, you can learn how to raise your credit score.
Ultimately, the major drawback to the Savor Rewards Card from Capital One is the $95 annual fee. For those that love entertainment and dining, it might seem like a no brainer, but for those who don’t spend enough on those categories, other options are available for no annual fee.
Some of those options include the no annual fee SavorOne Rewards Card, also from Capital One, or the Chase Freedom Flex and Citi Custom Cash℠ Card. Another exciting card option is U.S. Bank’s Altitude Go Visa Signature.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.