Last updated on September 20th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
With the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card in hand, users can forego the complications of shopping for specific items to earn bonuses in lieu of earning 1.5% cash back across the board on every purchase, every day. This makes the card a top contender among the straightforward cash back credit cards available today.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards
- Cash back wo't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stole
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You want to earn unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases
- You plan to spend at least $500 on the card within the first three months
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
For those who love cash back rewards but hate the hassle of dealing with bonus categories, Capital One offers the Quicksilver Card: a competitive and low maintenance cash back option. Simplicity is the name of the game with this card and it will earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every single purchase with rewards that never expire. Top it off with an easy-to-meet signup bonus to kickstart your cash back earnings and no annual fee.
Capital One Introductory Offer for the Quicksilver Card
Earn an easy one-time $200 cash bonus by spending at least $500 within the first 3 months – a relatively small spend that the average cardholder should meet with ease. Over the course of three months, cardholders would only need to spend $167 a month to qualify for it.
How Best to Use the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
This card is great whether you’re already in the Capital One rewards ecosystem of if this is your first rewards credit card. The versatile nature of the category-less rewards structure means that this card can complement anyone’s existing spending habits or go-to credit card lineup.
Never worry to worry about merchant category codes (MCC’s) again and use this card to earn 1.5% back for those tricky purchases that don’t fall under the popular bonus categories such as:
- Online payments (i.e. utilities, cell phone bill, medical bills)
- Specialty services (i.e. mechanics, florists, veterinarians)
- Unconventional store fronts (i.e. kiosks, farmers markets, convenience stores)
Redeeming Quicksilver Card Earnings
For practical credit card rewards, Quicksilver card owners can enjoy cash back in the form of a check or statement credit, gift cards, or to cover a previous purchase.
The latter is an intriguing redemption option that’s unique to Capital One. Cash back earnings can be applied to previous purchases before your monthly card balance has posted (which is how statement credits function), which is incredibly handy if you’re trying to maintain your credit score and want to lower the total card balance that gets reported to credit bureaus.
Other Perks & Protections From Capital One
- Extended Warranty
- Price Protection through Paribus
- $0 Fraud Liability
- CreditWise Credit Monitoring
- Virtual Card Number from Eno (pay for purchases with a automatically generated card number to keep your actual card protected from theives)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Travel Assistance (for an emergency cash advance or card replacment if it is lost or stolen during your travels)
- Concierge Service
Should You Apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card?
If you have Excellent credit and are looking for a catch-all cash back rewards card that can reward you for the little things (and handle the big things) in life, then you can’t go wrong with this version of the Quicksilver card. Few cards can say they are the complete package, but this one comes with all the bells and whistles (a solid signup bonus and a competitive 15-month introductory APR period) without having an annual fee. In this regards it’s the ideal competitor for the impressive Chase Freedom Unlimited (or even the Freedom Flex)
That’s not to say that it doesn’t have any competition, however. The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer from Citi Bank offers 2% cash back on all purchases and has an even longer 0% intro APR period of 18 months compared to the Quicksilver’s 1.5%, while the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card offers up to 5% back.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card has the advantage when it comes to international travel as Capital One cards don’t carry foreign transaction fees where the Citi Double Cash charges 3% on any purchase made abroad. It also also does not require a minimum redemption amount (where the Citi Double Cash does) making it a much more flexible reward redemption program.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.