Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 18th, 2022
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49%, 22.49% or 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49%, 22.49% or 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- 0% APR for 15 months
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Emergency card replacement and a cash advance if cards are stolen
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49%, 22.49% or 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49%, 22.49% or 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
With the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card in hand, users can forego the complications of shopping for specific items to earn bonuses in lieu of earning 1.5% cash back across the board on every purchase, every day. This makes the card a top contender among the straightforward cash back credit cards available today.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases
- Plan to spend at least $500 on the card within the first three months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
For those who love cash back rewards but hate the hassle of dealing with bonus categories, Capital One offers the Quicksilver Card: a competitive and low maintenance cash back option. Simplicity is the name of the game with this card and it will earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every single purchase with rewards that never expire. Top it off with an easy-to-meet signup bonus to kickstart your cash back earnings and no annual fee.
Capital One Introductory Offer for the Quicksilver Card
Earn an easy one-time $200 cash bonus by spending at least $500 within the first 3 months – a relatively small spend that the average cardholder should meet with ease. Over the course of three months, cardholders would only need to spend $167 a month to qualify for it.
How Best to Use the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
This card is great whether you’re already in the Capital One rewards ecosystem of if this is your first rewards credit card. The versatile nature of the category-less rewards structure means that this card can complement anyone’s existing spending habits or go-to credit card lineup.
Never worry to worry about merchant category codes (MCC’s) again and use this card to earn 1.5% back for those tricky purchases that don’t fall under the popular bonus categories such as:
- Online payments (i.e. utilities, cell phone bill, medical bills)
- Specialty services (i.e. mechanics, florists, veterinarians)
- Unconventional store fronts (i.e. kiosks, farmers markets, convenience stores)
Redeeming Quicksilver Card Earnings
For practical credit card rewards, Quicksilver card owners can enjoy cash back in the form of a check or statement credit, gift cards, or to cover a previous purchase.
The latter is an intriguing redemption option that’s unique to Capital One. Cash back earnings can be applied to previous purchases before your monthly card balance has posted (which is how statement credits function), which is incredibly handy if you’re trying to maintain your credit score and want to lower the total card balance that gets reported to credit bureaus.
Other Perks & Protections From Capital One
- Extended Warranty
- Price Protection through Paribus
- $0 Fraud Liability
- CreditWise Credit Monitoring
- Virtual Card Number from Eno (pay for purchases with a automatically generated card number to keep your actual card protected from theives)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Travel Assistance (for an emergency cash advance or card replacment if it is lost or stolen during your travels)
- Concierge Service
Should You Apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card?
If you have Excellent credit and are looking for a catch-all cash back rewards card that can reward you for the little things (and handle the big things) in life, then you can’t go wrong with this version of the Quicksilver card. Few cards can say they are the complete package, but this one comes with all the bells and whistles (a solid signup bonus and a competitive 15-month introductory APR period) without having an annual fee. In this regards it’s the ideal competitor for the impressive Chase Freedom Unlimited (or even the Freedom Flex)
That’s not to say that it doesn’t have any competition, however. The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer from Citi Bank offers 2% cash back on all purchases and has an even longer 0% intro APR period of 18 months compared to the Quicksilver’s 1.5%, while the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card offers up to 5% back.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card has the advantage when it comes to international travel as Capital One cards don’t carry foreign transaction fees where the Citi Double Cash charges 3% on any purchase made abroad. It also also does not require a minimum redemption amount (where the Citi Double Cash does) making it a much more flexible reward redemption program.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.