| Last updated on November 7th, 2023
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for the first 15 months from date of account opening Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
A younger sibling to the Savor® Rewards version, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card also highlights cash back on dining and entertainment while also extending an appealing 0% introductory APR offer.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards
- Cash back wo't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
- You're covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stole
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 15 months from date of account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months from date of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer posted during the first 15 months from account opening. None for transfers that post thereafter
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You frequently dine out or make purchases in the entertainment category
- You want a cash back credit card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- You plan to pay for your groceries with a credit card over cash or debit
- You're looking for exclusive cardmember perks that give access to unique experiences not available to the public
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is targeted at customers who frequently find themselves in a restaurant or at a show or getting coffee and heading to the theme park after. That’s because the card earns 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, grocery store, and select streaming services purchases – with no limits.
A Decent Welcome Bonus… for Some Applicants
The “excellent credit” version of the Capital One SavorOne Rewards Card comes with a bonus of 20,000 miles after spending $500 on the card within the first three months. Excellent credit applicants also enjoy 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, with a variable APR based on creditworthiness afterward. That intro period is on par with cards like Discover It Chrome, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and more.
Unfortunately, SavorOne Card for Good Credit applicants is ineligible for a new card member bonus or 0% intro APR. That doesn’t mean they won’t earn the same great rewards, however, as will now be covered.
How to Earn Rewards with the SavorOne
The SavorOne offers similar rewards to the $95 annual fee version of the card, the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Card, just trimmed down to match the $0 annual fee the SavorOne provides. That means instead of 4% back on dining and entertainment, SavorOne cardmembers earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases. Even better, cardmembers earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases.
The big headline with the card is the 3% back on dining and entertainment, including select streaming services. Here are all the services that Capital One counts as an “eligible streaming service”:
|Apple TV/ Music||FuboTV||SiriusXM|
|Bandcamp||HBO Now||Sling TV|
The entertainment category also includes museums, water parks, amusement parks, sports events, and concert tickets. Finally, Capital One classifies the following merchant types as “dining:”
- Bars and taverns
- Fast food
No Annual Fee Comparison
Here is how the SavorOne compares with other no annual fee options:
SavorOne Cash Rewards
Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa®
|Rewards rate||Earn unlimited 3% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases||Earn 1X points on rent payments (up to 100,000 points each calendar year), 2X points on travel purchases booked directly with an airline, hotel, car rental or cruise line, 3X points on dining||Unlimited 1.5% cash back|
|Intro APR||15 months on purchases, transfers||N/A||N/A|
How to Redeem Rewards
While the SavorOne earns slightly fewer rewards than the premium sibling, cardholders can redeem for the same great value regardless of card version.
One of the great features of the Capital One Rewards program is the flexibility it offers. Capital One Rewards do not expire for the life of the account and are redeemable for various options. Cardholders can use their points towards various award options, including cash back as statement credits, shopping, and travel through the Capital One travel portal. Shopping is a robust category thanks to the ability to make purchases with Amazon or via PayPal Pay with Points.
Other Card Features
Other features include no foreign transaction fees, Mastercard travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and 24-hour travel accident assistance. Added peace of mind also comes as account alerts from Capital One’s virtual assistant, Eno.
Here are all the Mastercard protections and benefits:
ID Theft Protection
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Here’s how those rewards compare with the other versions of the Savor Rewards credit cards from Capital One:
|Card||Savor® Rewards||SavorOne Cash Rewards||SavorOne Student Cash Rewards|
|Rewards||Earn unlimited 4% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 3% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases||Earn unlimited 3% back on dining & entertainment, plus 3% back on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases|
Capital One Ratings
How is Capital One as a credit card issuer? Here is a selection of reviews for the bank from consumers and experts alike:
Should You Apply for the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card?
While this card earns 3% back on streaming, groceries, and dining and entertainment purchases, the Savor® Rewards earns 4%. In the signup bonus department, you’ll get more back with the Savor® Rewards at $500, but you’ll also have to spend more with a $3,000 threshold. There is no 0% APR intro period, though, so this will be a better option if no interest rates are your priority.
Overall, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card can be an advantageous companion in your wallet, provided you can take advantage of the areas in which it’s designed to perform best. Other options include the Chase Freedom Flex and Citi Custom Cash℠ Card.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.