Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
Earn Up to 45,000 Bonus Miles
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 50,000 additional miles per year.
- Earn 3 miles per dollar on purchases directly with hotels
- Earn 3 miles per dollar on Delta purchases
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- Companion certificate each year
- Delta Status Boost
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $250
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
Companies with employees that frequently fly Delta for business may want to consider the excellent benefits available to them when using the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Fly Delta often for work
- Use their credit card to make large purchases
- Want convenient travel perks including in-flight purchase discounts, a free first checked bag, priority boarding, and more
- Don’t want to pay any foreign transaction fees
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card Review
With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express in employee wallets, companies can save money and make traveling easier every day.
Introductory Offer & Status Boost
Upon spending $3,000 in purchases within the first three months, businesses earn both 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MQMs. Thanks to the Annual Status Boost feature, there’s the potential to receive an additional 10,000 MQMs after making $25,000 in purchases within a calendar year.
How to Earn Miles – and Spend Them Too
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholders earn 3X miles on purchases made directly with Delta. This earning rate is undoubtedly an improvement over the previous 2X miles companies earned with Delta. Additionally, they’ll earn those 3X miles on direct bookings with hotels.
An exciting feature with the Business Platinum card is the ability to gain more miles with larger purchases. Companies earn 1.5X miles on purchases of over $5,000. This unique category allows companies to save for free flights when they finance larger purchases with the SkyMiles Platinum Card. Unfortunately, there is a cap on this enhanced rate. The 1.5X miles only apply to the first 50,000 miles earned through large purchases each year.
All other purchases with the card earn 1X miles. There is no cap or limit on the number of miles a company can receive. Miles are redeemable not only on Delta but also on 30 additional airline partners through the SkyTeam Alliance. Companies can also use miles for hotel bookings, car rentals, statement credits, or several other options.
Beyond the ability to quickly rack up SkyMiles, cardholders can also take advantage of an impressive array of members-only benefits. These benefits include one complimentary domestic main cabin round-trip certificate each year. This reward is available upon renewal of the card each year. Cardholders also get their first checked bag free when flying with Delta.
Other benefits of the Platinum Business Card include main cabin priority boarding on all flights with either Delta or one of its 30 partner airlines, access to the Delta Sky Club for the cardholder and up to two guests at a reduced rate, 20% in in-flight savings, and a statement credit for TSA Precheck and Global Entry application fees.
Should You Apply for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card?
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card comes with a $250 annual fee. While this is the same as the personal version of the card, it is more economical for businesses as they’ll get much more sue form the product. The benefit of no foreign transaction fees is a great perk that will certainly save money. However, the global acceptance of AMEX still lags behind Visa and Mastercard. While AMEX touts that the card is accepted at over 99% of U.S. retailers, this is of little solace for those who try to use it abroad and struggle to find willing enchants.
Overall, however, the card offers companies an excellent amount of miles and is a robust option for those who fly often and want to reap the rewards of those expensive trips.