Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and a $100 Statement Credit
- Earn Up to 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels
- First Checked Bag Free on Delta flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that's an extra half point per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year
- Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases
- Spend $25,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year and earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs); spend a total of $50,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in a calendar year and earn an additional 10,000 MQMs
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $250
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Companies with employees that frequently fly Delta for business may want to consider the excellent benefits available to them when using the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Fly Delta often for work
- Use their credit card to make large purchases
- Want convenient travel perks including in-flight purchase discounts, a free first checked bag, priority boarding, and more
- Don’t want to pay any foreign transaction fees
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card Review
With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express in employee wallets, companies can save money and make traveling easier every day.
How to Earn Miles – and Spend Them Too
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholders earn 3X miles on purchases made directly with Delta. This earning rate is undoubtedly an improvement over the previous 2X miles companies earned with Delta. Additionally, they’ll earn those 3X miles on direct bookings with hotels.
An exciting feature with the Business Platinum card is the ability to gain more miles with larger purchases. Companies earn 1.5X miles on purchases of over $5,000. This unique category allows companies to save for free flights when they finance larger purchases with the SkyMiles Platinum Card. Unfortunately, there is a cap on this enhanced rate. The 1.5X miles only apply to the first 50,000 miles earned through large purchases each year.
All other purchases with the card earn 1X miles. There is no cap or limit on the number of miles a company can receive. Miles are redeemable not only on Delta but also on 30 additional airline partners through the SkyTeam Alliance. Companies can also use miles for hotel bookings, car rentals, statement credits, or several other options.
Beyond the ability to quickly rack up SkyMiles, cardholders can also take advantage of an impressive array of members-only benefits. These benefits include one complimentary domestic main cabin round-trip certificate each year. This reward is available upon renewal of the card each year. Cardholders also get their first checked bag free when flying with Delta.
Other benefits of the Platinum Business Card include main cabin priority boarding on all flights with either Delta or one of its 30 partner airlines, access to the Delta Sky Club for the cardholder and up to two guests at a reduced rate, 20% in in-flight savings, and a statement credit for TSA Precheck and Global Entry application fees.
There is also a statement credit for dining. Business cardholders can earn up to a total of $165 in dining statement credits in portions of $15 per month.
For more information on the Delta SkyMiles loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card?
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card comes with a $250 annual fee. While this is the same as the personal version of the card, it is more economical for businesses as they’ll get much more use form the product. The benefit of no foreign transaction fees is a great perk that will certainly save money. However, the global acceptance of Amex still lags behind Visa and Mastercard. While Amex touts that the card is accepted at over 99% of U.S. retailers, this is of little solace for those who try to use it abroad and struggle to find willing enchants.
Overall, however, the card offers companies an excellent amount of miles and is a robust option for those who fly often and want to reap the rewards of those expensive trips.