| Last updated on November 15th, 2023
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- 18.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is a business rewards credit card that streamlines the Membership Rewards® points earning process by offering 2X points on everyday business purchases with no category restrictions, up to $50,000 annually. You can also spend above your credit limit with this card, so long as you remember to pay off those purchases above your credit limit in full that same month.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening. APR will not exceed 29.99%
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.49% to 26.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You run a business and are likely to have $50,000 in expenses in the next year, maximizing your 2X Membership Rewards® points earning potential
- You want the flexibility of being able to spend above your credit limit should company emergencies arise
- You do not want to incur annual fees for your card or employee cards
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express Review
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is a versatile business card with no annual fee. Aside from earning 2X Membership Rewards® Points per dollar (up to $50,000 each year) in purchases, this card also gives users the ability to buy above their credit limit and tackle business expenses that may unexpectedly arise. Because of this versatility, the card compares favorably with other leading business credit cards, including the Chase Ink Business Preferred.
0% Introductory APR
One of the great features with The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is a lengthy 0% intro APR period on purchases. New accounts enjoy no interest on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening – a great perk for a business card with no annual fee. After that they can expect a variable APR based on creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
Expanded Buying Power
Amex provides a range of benefits for businesses. One of the best is the Expanded Buying Power feature. Expanded Buying Power offersthe benefits of a card with no preset spending limit.
No Preset Spending Limit means your spending limit is flexible. Unlike a traditional card with a set limit, the amount you can spend adapts based on factors such as your purchase, payment, and credit history This feature lets companies spend more than their available credit line through Amex’s payment flexibility. There are no over-limit fees, no enrollment steps to take, and cardholders can continue to earn Membership Rewards points or cash back on purchases above their credit limit.
However, keep in mind that the minimum balance due at the end of the statement period will be the minimum due normally – plus the amount over the spending limit.
Expense Management Tools
Taking the guesswork out of expense management, The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express comes with a host of features to help companies track and organize their finances. The Spend Manager℠ feature, for example, allows businesses to add receipts and notes to transactions via desktop or mobile device, so they will know precisely how much was spent on taking which clients out to lunch.
Cardholders can also grant access and management privileges to an Account Manager for their card of their choosing, get account alerts should the irregular activity be noticed, and transfer their transaction data into their QuickBooks account
Other Card Features
Other features with The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express include:
- Global Assist Hotline, which gives you 24/7 access to getting information in the medical, financial, legal, and other select emergency areas.
- Purchase protection, which can protect a covered purchase for up to 90 days from the purchase date if stolen or accidentally damaged (Coverage is limited up to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year)
- Dispute resolution, where American Express works with you to resolve instances of fraudulent or incorrect charges on your statement
Should You Apply for The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express?
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express allows companies to streamline their finances and take advantage of additional employee cards at no extra cost. While the 2X points are limited to $50,000 per year, this won’t be an issue for small to medium-sized companies. And, since this is who the card is targeted towards, it’s a great option to consider.
Browse Other American Express Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.