Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
United Club℠ Infinite Card
Earn 75,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $525
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- United Club membership – up to a $650 value per year
- Earn 4X miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, including tickets, Economy Plus®, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges
- Earn 2X miles per $1 spent on all other travel purchases, including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls
- Earn 2X per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
- Earn 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free first and second checked bags – a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip
- Up to $100 as a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® every 4 years
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $525
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
A premier travel card for those who journey often, the United Club℠ Infinite Card includes a host of benefits found in very few other airline credit cards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently book with United Airlines
- Make use of airport lounges
- Want a credit card that can be used worldwide without being charged foreign transaction fees
- Want to take advantage of additional perks when staying at hotels around the globe
United Club℠ Infinite Card Review
Competing with The Platinum Card® from American Express, and even Chase’s own Sapphire Reserve®, the United Club℠ Infinite Card has plenty of features at its disposal for the frequent voyager. As an everyday credit card, you’ll earn 4X MileagePlus miles for every dollar spent on United flights, as well as 2X miles per $1 on all other travel purchases, dining, and groceries.
And, naturally, it wouldn’t be a travel card if it didn’t have an introductory bonus offer; if you spend at least $5,000 within the first three months after account opening (which shouldn’t be an issue for most owners of this card), you’ll gain 75,000 bonus miles.
After adding in the miles earned for your purchases totaling that $5,000 goal, you’re looking at anywhere between 54,500 and 56,000 MileagePlus miles that you can redeem towards award travel (on both United and partner Star Alliance™ flights), gift cards, merchandise, in-flight amenities and cabin upgrades, as well as hotel stays and car rentals. So long as you’ve got the miles, which do not expire and can be earned at an unlimited rate, your reward options are ample.
Star Alliance and Other United Travel Partners
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Dolomiti
- All Nippon Airways
- Air India
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Swiss International Air Lines
- TAP Air Portugal
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Cape Air
- Boutique Air
- Olympic Air
- Great Lakes Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Aer Lingus
- Choice Hotels
- IHG Hotels
- Hertz Car Rentals
- Dollar Rent-a-Car
- Carnival Cruises
- Holland America
- Norwegian Cruises
As you plan and embark on your travels with the United Club℠ Infinite Card by your side, you can take advantage of free first and second checked bags for yourself and one companion. Premier Access® services allow you to undergo an expedited check-in and security screening process, as does up to $100 as a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck™ every four years as reimbursement for the application fee for either program when charging the fee to the card.
You can wait for your flight with your eligible companions at any United Club and participating Star Alliance™ lounge around the world thanks to a complimentary United Club℠ membership. And once you arrive at your destination, you have the option to choose from over 900 partner hotels and resorts that will grant you exclusive benefits like daily breakfast, room upgrades, and extended check-in/check-out times.
Other Travel Perks
United perks are the only travel benefits with the United Club℠ Card. It also enjoys a huge selection of other travel-centric and globe-trotting benefits, starting with no foreign transaction fees.
Beyond the near-global acceptance of the visa payment network, cardholders enjoy exclusive President’s Circle tier of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program. This perk entitles the primary accountholder to 50% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points, upgrades, exclusive offers, and more upon enrollment.
They’ll also enjoy access to the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. This collection provides exclusive access to premium resorts, plus room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in & late check-out (if available) and other amenities at more than 900 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
For more information on the United MileagePlus loyalty program:
Be Wary of the Annual Fee
As eye-opening as all the perks included with this card is its annual fee: $525 is no small amount, and you’ll have to cash in on everything the United Club℠ Infinite Card has to offer to offset the yearly charge. As you start to add the value of each individual amenity, though, you’ll eventually surpass the annual fee, hence the benefit in using every feature.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the United Infinite include:
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather, and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement: If your common carrier travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket.
- Visa Concierge access
- Lost luggage and baggage delay insurance
- Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Extended warranty protection
Should You Apply for the United Club℠ Infinite Card?
The United Card’s annual fee of $525 may have your head spinning, but it offers much for that charge. Frequent travelers willing to invest their money towards travel rewards and airline benefits won’t be disappointed. There is so much to offer with this card that it easily recoups the annual fee. Of course, for those that don’t fly with United, the $450 value isn’t there. Fortunately, there are many other great airline cards. This includes options at a lower price point. or even ones with no annual fee.
While the annual fee is steep, the United Club Infinite is oriented towards the premier United MileagePlus member. The card doesn’t earn any PQPs (premier qualifying points) on its own, but for those that fly with United, it is a great tool for racking up PQPs and PQFs (Premier qualifying flights) at a dizzying rate.
The United Club access makes this a card that begs to be used for its original intent – and it will repay the user in spades. In the realm of airline cards, Chase’s United Infinite Card is an excellent choice – for those who can offset the big yearly price tag.