Last updated on May 30th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
United Club Infinite Card
United Club Infinite Card
- 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
A premier travel card for those who journey often, the United Club? Infinite Card includes a host of benefits found in very few other airline credit cards.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 80,000 bonus miles +1,000 Premier qualifying points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on all other travel
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
- Earn 500 Premier qualifying points for every $12K you spend on purchases, up to 8,000 PQP in a calendar year
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS fee credit
- Free first and second checked bags - a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip. Terms Apply
- Member FDIC
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.74% to 28.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $525
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You travel often
- You frequently book with United Airlines
- You make frequent use of airport lounges
- You want a credit card that can be used worldwide without being charged foreign transaction fees
- You want to take advantage of additional perks when staying at hotels around the globe
United Club℠ Infinite Card Review
Competing with The Platinum Card® from American Express, and even Chase’s own Sapphire Reserve®, the United Club℠ Infinite Card has plenty of features at its disposal for the frequent voyager. And since the United Club Card is a competitor for some of the heaviest hitters in the travel credit cards space, it naturally also features a lucrative welcome offer. New accounts can earn a bonus of 80,000 miles after spending $5,000 on purchases from account opening in the first three months.
Remember that Chase welcome offers are only available to you if you do not have any United Club card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for any United Club card in the past 24 months.
After adding in the miles earned for your purchases totaling that $5,000 goal, new cardholders could be looking at anywhere between 126,000 and 144,000 MileagePlus miles. This means the initial bonus could reach upwards of 140,000+ miles for spending just $5,000.
How to Earn MileagePlus Miles
The United Club Infinite Card offers enhanced miles on select purchases- but not at the levels you might expect from a card with a $525 annual fee. The card earns 4x miles on United purchases, 2X on all other travel, 2X on dining, and 1X miles per $1 spent on all other purchases.
The 4X MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on United-operated flights is great. However, an additional point on all other travel purchases may position the card better against other luxurious travel cards. Fortunately, that 2X point “all other travel” category includes airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, rideshare services, and tolls.
Cardholders can also earn additional miles through select Inited Miealgeplus partners:
|Hotel||MileagePlus miles can be earned at most major hotel chains; Earn 2X miles at each property that participates in the United Hotels program. Rewards earning varies by hotel. Otherwise, you’ll earn a flat rate that depends on the hotel you’ve booked a stay at. For more details, visit United’s Hotel Partners page.|
|Dining||When you register a credit (or debit) card with the MileagePlus Dining program, you’ll be able to earn miles when you dine at over 10,000 participating restaurants, bars, and clubs – but only when you pay for your meal with the card you’ve registered. You’ll earn up to 5 miles per dollar spent, and this includes tax and tip!|
|Car rental||MileagePlus members can earn up to 1,250 award miles for each qualifying car rental. Partners include Hertz, Dollar Rent A Car, Thrifty, Groundlink, ExecuCar, and much more. Members also earn points when booking with SuperShuttle, Carmel, Bandwagon, and other ground transportation services.|
|Shopping||MileagePlus members earn miles based on making purchases through the dedicated MileagePlus shopping portal, where points are earned for making purchases with hundreds of leading brands.|
Miles in the MileagePlus program never expire.
How to Redeem Miles
Redeeming MileagePlus miles is a straightforward process. The most common is to redeem rewards for flights, either with United Airlines directly or through Star Alliance partners. Bonuses also apply to several other airline partners, retail, and travel options.
The simplest way to redeem is by booking United or United Express award tickets and flights. MileagePlus currently offers two types of award seat: Saver Awards and Everyday Awards:
- Saver Awards: More economical, with redemption flights from 5,000 to 12,000 miles. These low-cost award flights have lower availability, making them difficult to book.
- Everyday Awards: More availability – at a higher price. Everyday Award flights offer unrestricted access for elite-tier MileagePlus members.
Rewards are also redeemable for award flights with codeshare and Star Alliance partners:
|Aegean Airlines||Austrian Airlines||Air China||Brussels Airlines|
|Air Canada||Avianca||Air India||Copa|
|Air New Zealand||Croatia Airlines||All Nippon Airways||Egyptair|
|Asiana Airlines||Ethiopian Airlines||EVA Air||LOT Polish Airlines|
|Lufthansa||SAS||Shenzhen Airlines||Singapore Airlines|
|South African Airways||Swiss||TAP Air Portugal||Thai|
|Turkish Airlines||United Airlines|
As you plan and embark on your travels with the United Club℠ Infinite Card by your side, you can take advantage of free first and second checked bags for yourself and one companion. Premier Access® services allow you to undergo an expedited check-in and security screening process, as does up to $100 as a statement credit for Global Entry, NEXUS or TSA PreCheck™ every four years as reimbursement for the application fee for either program when charging the fee to the card.
You can wait for your flight with your eligible companions at any United Club and participating Star Alliance™ lounge around the world thanks to a complimentary United Club℠ membership. And once you arrive at your destination, you have the option to choose from over 900 partner hotels and resorts that will grant you exclusive benefits like daily breakfast, room upgrades, and extended check-in/check-out times.
Other notable United benefits include :
- Earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level
Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada
Other Travel Perks
United perks are the only travel benefits with the United Club℠ Card. It also enjoys a huge selection of other travel-centric and globe-trotting benefits, starting with no foreign transaction fees.
Beyond the near-global acceptance of the visa payment network, cardholders enjoy a exclusive President’s Circle tier of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program. This perk entitles the primary accountholder to 50% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points, upgrades, exclusive offers, and more upon enrollment.
They’ll also enjoy access to the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. This collection provides exclusive access to premium resorts, plus room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in & late check-out (if available) and other amenities at more than 900 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Other travel perks and privileges include:
- IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status, with up to $75 in statement credits
- $70 discount on CLEAR® membership
Related Article: The Ultimate United MileagePlus Guide
Be Wary of the Annual Fee
As eye-opening as all the perks included with this card is its annual fee: $525 is no small amount, and you’ll have to cash in on everything the United Club℠ Infinite Card has to offer to offset the yearly charge. As you start to add the value of each individual amenity, though, you’ll eventually surpass the annual fee, hence the benefit in using every feature.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the United Infinite include:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
|Luxury Hotel Collection||Travel & Emergency Assistance||Extended Warranty Coverage|
|Travel Accident Insurance and Delay Reimbursement||Trip Cancellation /Interruption Insurance||Return Protection|
|Visa Infinite Concierge|
FAQs About the United Club Infinite
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the United Quest Visa Signature, along with the answers:
- The United Club℠ Infinite Card offers 4X miles per $1 spent on United purchases, 2X miles per $1 spent on dining, including eligible delivery services and all other travel, and 1X mile per $1 on all other purchases. The card also provides Global Entry, NEXUS and TSA Precheck statement credits, lounge access through Priority Pass Select and United Club, and more.
- Award flights in the United MileagePlus start as low as 12,500 miles for economy flights and 30,000 miles for business fares.
- The annual fee for the United Club card is currently $525.
Should You Apply for the United Club℠ Infinite Card?
The United Card’s annual fee of $525 may have your head spinning, but it offers much for that charge. Frequent travelers willing to invest their money towards travel rewards and airline benefits won’t be disappointed. There is so much to offer with this card that it easily recoups the annual fee. Of course, for those that don’t fly with United, the $525 value isn’t there. Fortunately, there are many other great airline cards. This includes options at a lower price point. or even ones with no annual fee.
While the annual fee is steep, the United Club Infinite is oriented towards the premier United MileagePlus member. The card doesn’t earn any PQPs (premier qualifying points) on its own, but for those that fly with United, it is a great tool for racking up PQPs and PQFs (Premier qualifying flights) at a dizzying rate.
The United Club access makes this a card that begs to be used for its original intent – and it will repay the user in spades. In the realm of airline cards, Chase’s United Infinite Card is an excellent choice – for those who can offset the big yearly price tag.