United Club℠ Infinite Card
No Annual Fee the First Year
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 the first year. After that, $525
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- 2X MileagePlus miles per $1 on tickets purchased from United
- 1.5X miles per $1 on all other purchases
- Complimentary United Club membership – up to a $650 value per year
- First free and second checked bags
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 the first year. After that, $525
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
A premier travel card for those who journey often, the United Club℠ Infinite Card includes a host of benefits found in very few other airline credit cards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently book with United Airlines
- Make use of airport lounges
- Want a credit card that can be used worldwide without being charged foreign transaction fees
- Want to take advantage of additional perks when staying at hotels around the globe
United Club℠ Infinite Card Review
Competing with The Platinum Card® from American Express, and even Chase’s own Sapphire Reserve®, the United Club℠ Infinite Card has plenty of features at its disposal for the frequent voyager. As an everyday credit card, you’ll earn 1.5 MileagePlus miles for every dollar spent, as well as 2 miles per $1 on United ticket purchases.
And, naturally, it wouldn’t be a travel card if it didn’t have an introductory bonus offer; if you spend at least $5,000 within the first three months after account opening (which shouldn’t be an issue for most owners of this card), you’ll gain 100,000 bonus miles. After adding in the miles earned for your purchases totaling that $5,000 goal, you’re looking at anywhere between 54,500 and 56,000 MileagePlus miles that you can redeem towards award travel (on both United and partner Star Alliance™ flights), gift cards, merchandise, in-flight amenities and cabin upgrades, as well as hotel stays and car rentals. So long as you’ve got the miles, which do not expire and can be earned at an unlimited rate, your reward options are ample.
As you plan and embark on your travels with the United Club℠ Infinite Card by your side, you can take advantage of free first and second checked bags for yourself and one companion. Premier Access® services allow you to undergo an expedited check-in and security screening process. You can wait for your flight with your eligible companions at any United Club and participating Star Alliance™ lounge around the world thanks to a complimentary United Club℠ membership. And once you arrive at your destination, you have the option to choose from over 900 partner hotels and resorts that will grant you exclusive benefits like daily breakfast, room upgrades, and extended check-in/check-out times.
Be Wary of the Annual Fee
As eye-opening as all the perks included with this card is its annual fee: $525 is no small amount, and you’ll have to cash in on everything the United Club℠ Infinite Card has to offer to offset the yearly charge. As you start to add the value of each individual amenity, though, you’ll eventually surpass the annual fee, hence the benefit in using every feature.
Should You Apply for the United Club℠ Infinite Card?
The United Card’s annual fee of $525 may have your head spinning, but it offers much for that charge. Frequent travelers willing to invest their money towards travel rewards and airline benefits won’t be disappointed. There is so much to offer with this card that it easily recoups the annual fee. Of course, for those that don’t fly with United, the $450 value isn’t there. Fortunately, there are many other great airline cards. This includes options at a lower price point. or even ones with no annual fee.
While the annual fee is steep, the United Club Infinite is oriented towards the premier United MileagePlus member. The card doesn’t earn any PQPs (premier qualifying points) on its own, but for those that fly with United, it is a great tool for racking up PQPs and PQFs (Premier qualifying flights) at a dizzying rate.
The United Club access makes this a card that begs to be used for its original intent – and it will repay the user in spades. In the realm of airline cards, Chase’s United Infinite Card is an excellent choice – for those who can offset the big yearly price tag.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to the United MileagePlus Program