Last updated on February 3rd, 2022
World of Hyatt is the hotel rewards program from Hyatt Hotels Corporation. This lucrative rewards program opens a world of great amenities for travelers who frequently stay with Hyatt. Enjoy nearly 1,200 properties on six continents and earn points that can be redeemed for free stays at luxurious Hyatt hotels, resorts, and vacation properties across the globe. The program is free to join and offers not only exclusive rates and special amenities for members, but incredible redemption value as well.
What Hotels Are in the Hyatt Portfolio?
The following brands make up the Hyatt portfolio of properties:
- Park Hyatt®
- Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Ziva
- Hyatt Zilara
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt House
- Hyatt Residence Club
- Thompson Hotels
- Hyatt Centric
- Destination Hotels
- Joie de Vivre Hotels and Resorts
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH)
How to Earn Points with World of Hyatt
Hotel bookings offer the easiest route to earning vast amounts of rewards points. Members earn points for stays at Hyatt-owned properties worldwide. The number of points members earn varies based on their membership tier status. The points-earning potential for Rewards members breaks down as follows:
Five points per dollar spent at hotel brands
10% bonus points on qualifying purchases
20% bonus points on qualifying purchases
30% bonus points on qualifying purchases
Transfer Points from Chase Ultimate Rewards
World of Hyatt is also a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards. Members can transfer their Ultimate Rewards (UR) points to top-off their loyalty points total for even more luxurious stays at the finest properties.
Chase Ultimate Rewards apply to the following card offers from JP Morgan Chase:
Interestingly, Chase UR points can also be earned by converting cash back rewards via Chase’s Freedom family of credit cards. This means that cardmembers of the following credit cards can use their cash back and convert that into UR points:
- Chase Freedom Flex World Elite Mastercard
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Freedom® Credit Card
- Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card
Unfortunately, Chase Freedom credit cards feature no annual fee, meaning that while users can convert cash back to UR, those UR points cannot transfer to transfer partners – including World of Hyatt. The Chase credit card must feature a premium annual fee to redeem UR points as hotel points, like the Sapphire cards.
What Are Best World of Hyatt Points Worth?
How to Redeem Points with Hyatt
The easiest way for World of Hyatt members to redeem points is through award nights with participating properties.
Hotel stay reward nights rates vary depending on the category of the property, the date of the booking, and the location of the hotel or resort. Free nights in the program are bookable either with Points, or a combination of Points + Cash.
- Points: Points bookings start as low as 5,000 for standard rooms to 10,000 points for premium suites with Category 1 hotels, up to 40,000 points-per-night for Category 8 properties.
- Points + Cash: Points + Cash bookings provide greater flexibility, with as few as 2,500 points plus 50% of the standard rate required to book a standard room in a Category 1 property.
Transfer Points to Travel Partners
Points also transfer to nearly 30 partners worldwide. These partners offer a transfer ration of approximately 2.5 Hyatt points to one partner mile/points.
- Air China
- Air France
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- China Airlines
- China Eastern Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Korean Air
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Brunei Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Air
- Turkish Air
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
Other Ways to Redeem Points
- Rental Cars: Points are redeemable for car rentals with Avis.
- Spa Credits: Points are applicable towards spa and health credits with Hyatt properties worldwide.
- Dining Credits: Points apply towards credits for discounts or free meals with brand restaurants at hotels and resorts worldwide
World of Hyatt Membership Tiers
Discoverist status allows you to enjoy a higher level of service and comfort around the world; complete ten qualifying nights, or earn 25,000 Base Points, or hold three qualifying meetings or events per the calendar year to achieve Discoverist status.
Discoverist members enjoy the following benefits:
- Premium internet access
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Free breakfast (where available)
- Waived resort fees
- Late check-out (until 2 PM)
Achieving the Explorist tier requires a Member to complete 30 qualifying nights, or earn 50,000 Base Points, or hold ten qualifying events or meetings in a calendar year.
Explorist members enjoy the following perks above what Discoverist members can expect:
- Room upgrades (when available)
- Club lounge access
- 10% savings over Members
- Gold status in MGM’s M Life program
The highest level of World of Hyatt’s luxury membership program, Globalist status, requires each Member to complete 60 qualifying nights, or earn 100,000 Base Points, or hold 20 qualifying meetings or events per calendar year.
- Late check-out (up until 4 PM)
- Club lounge access including continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres
- Week of Wellbeing at participating Exhale Spa locations