Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
World of Hyatt Credit Card
Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points (Worth 10 Free Nights!)
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Plus, earn up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Earn 4X Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases at all Hyatt hotel, plus 5X Base Points from Hyatt per eligible $1 spent for being a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2X Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting as well as fitness club and gym memberships
- Plus, earn 1X Bonus Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive one free night at any Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year after your cardmember anniversary
- Also receive one extra free night at any Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 in a calendar yea
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Ideal for Hyatt loyalists, The World of Hyatt Credit Card is a hotel card that can rack up points in a hurry, culminating in multiple free night stays per year at the brand’s suite of locations.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a World of Hyatt member or frequently book hotel stays at Hyatt hotels
- Are looking for a travel credit card you can use worldwide without paying foreign transaction fees
- Regularly dine out or have a fitness club/gym membership
- Are looking for a credit card with a big signup bonus and generous rewards earning rates
World of Hyatt Credit Card Review
As far as hotel credit cards go, The World of Hyatt Credit Card packs a powerful punch. A 30,000 point signup bonus kicks in once you’ve spent $3,000 within the first 3 months as a cardmember, and it increases to 60,000 Bonus Points if your expenses total $6,000 within the first 6 months.
By our calculations, 60,000 Bonus Points can net you up to 10 free nights at Hyatt Category 1 hotels (World of Hyatt hotel categories range, from least to most luxurious, between 1 and 7). And those 60,000 Bonus Points don’t even include what you’ll be earning as you spend to reach that goal.
How to Earn Rewards
The World of Hyatt Chase Visa card earns 4X Bonus Points per $1 spent on Hyatt hotels, along with participating spas and restaurants. However, this number can go up to 9X Bonus Points per $1 if you’re a World of Hyatt member (which you will be, as the card also grants you automatic Discoverist status in its loyalty program).
On purchases at other restaurants, directly purchased airline tickets, local transit, and fitness memberships, you’ll earn 2 Bonus Points per $1. All other purchases earn 1X Bonus Point per $1, so regardless of where you use your card, you’ll be working your way up to increasing your Bonus Points total.
In addition to the award stays you can redeem with your accrued points, The World of Hyatt Credit Card gives you 1 free night every year on your cardmember anniversary. If you spend $15,000 per year, you’ll receive an additional free night on your anniversary. These free nights can only be redeemed at Category 1-4 hotels, though.
With Hyatt locations worldwide, The World of Hyatt Credit Card is meant to be used without geographic restrictions. As such, you won’t be charged foreign transaction fees, regardless of where you use the card. There is a $95 annual fee to counterbalance all the perks the card offers you, but it’s a nominal charge once you factor in the savings from all the free nights you can earn through your Bonus Points.
Should You Apply for the World of Hyatt Credit Card?
The World of Hyatt rewards program is one of the most lucrative loyalty programs currently available and Elite World of Hyatt membership status (Discoverist) from the card entitles cardholders to premium Wi-Fi access free of charge, complimentary breakfast, late check-out, and increased points-earning potential. The World of Hyatt credit card also offers a huge sign-up bonus – worth up to ten free nights with Hyatt brands (Category 1) – all for $95 per year.
Overall, the Hyatt Rewards credit card is an excellent value – especially for those who prefer the Hyatt portfolio of brands and properties. Those with existing Chase credit cards, including those that earn Ultimate Rewards points will find exceptional value with the card. Using the Chase Ultimate Rewards to World of Hyatt 1:1 transfer can quickly help holders advance from Discoverist status – or even earn free nights quicker than usual.