| Last updated on October 16th, 2023
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
- 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card offers a strong rewards earning rate as well as added perks that will please loyal patrons of the Marriott Bonvoy brand. Cardholders gain automatic Silver Elite status and earn impressive points to put toward award nights in top hotels all over the world. And since the points don’t expire, you could say this card’s reward potential is boundless.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Limited Time Offer! Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 3X points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining.
- Earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You book frequent stays with Marriott Bonvoy™ properties and want to cash in on more loyalty rewards
- You're looking for a hotel card to use globally without incurring foreign transaction fees
- You desire a travel credit card that earns rewards on every purchase at attractive rates
- You will take advantage of the Elite Status perks and Free Night Award
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit CardTerms & Conditions
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card Review
If you’re considering the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, you are likely comparing it to its sister cards, the Bold and the Brilliant. This card fits snuggly between the two, in many ways combining the best of both worlds. With its generous 6X points per dollar on hotel stays, Free Night award, and a manageable annual fee, you may find that this hotel rewards card fits your wallet just right.
Earn Boundless Rewards
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card stands just below the beefier Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express Card, but it nevertheless includes many of the same benefits. For one, it currently offers a new, unique welcome bonus offer. After spending enough in qualifying purchases within the first three months as a cardmember, you’re eligible to receive 3 free nights in E-certificates. Each award E-certificate is valid for a one-night stay at a Marriott property, and redemption levels cap at 50,000 points. This means that you could potentially have the equivalent of 250,000 free points to use on your next hotel stay.
Depending on your budget and lifestyle, $5,000 in three months might be a difficult challenge, but if you manage to meet it you won’t regret seeing 3 award nights immediately available for you to use in your Bonvoy account. These can easily be redeemed at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel, so you won’t have to wait long to book your free stay.
Compared with its other sister card, the lower-level Marriott Bonvoy Bold™, this card really packs a punch when it comes to earning points. Both the Boundless and the Brilliant cards earn 6X points per $1 spent at the thousands of participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 3X points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining, as well as 2X points per $1 on all other eligible purchases. This step up means you can earn points faster with only a moderate annual fee of $95.
Travel Card Comparison
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless®
Choice Privileges® Select
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
|Earn 6 points for every $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 3 points on gas, groceries, and dining (up to $6,000/year), and 2 points on all other purchases
|Earn 10X points with Choice Hotels, 5X points at gas stations, groceries, or home improvement stores, and 1X points on all other purchases
|2% value for airfare redemptions with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. 1% value for cash back redemptions. Earn one point for every one dollar spent
|$95 annual fee
|$95 (waived for the first year)
Use Your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Card for Free Stays
As with the other two cards available, the Bonvoy Boundless gives your numerous options for redeeming your points. By far the most valuable choice is to redeem for free nights at hotels all over the world. The Marriott Bonvoy rewards system has three categories for booking rewards nights:
- Standard: your points pay for a room at the standard rate
- PointsSaver: you put your points toward rooms with discounted rates
- Cash + Points: you use your points to cover a portion of your stay and pay the rest out of pocket
The amount of points you’ll need to earn a free night will depend on a few factors, including the hotel you select and when you plan to stay. Off-season periods at some hotels can require as little as 5,000 points per night.
The real value of this system is that when you use your points to pay for 4 nights in a row, you get a 5th night free. However, if you prefer shorter stays, you can also redeem your points for tickets to unique local events, or transfer them to your airline loyalty program. Gift cards and shopping in the Marriott Bonvoy online store are other options, along with upgrading your stay with spa visits and room service.
One of the great benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program is the number of excellent travel and transfer partners it provides. The Bonvoy program offers points transfers to more than 40+ partners, including major airlines like the following:
|China Eastern Airlines
|China Southern Airlines
|South Africa Airways
|Air New Zealand
|Delta Air Lines
|All Nippon Airways
Related Article: The Ultimate Marriott Bonvoy Program Guide
Additional Free Night Award and Elite Status
In addition to letting you book free nights with your points, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card goes a step further with the Free Night Award benefit. This award is applied to your account after each cardmember anniversary, and you can redeem it on a hotel stay ranging from 7,500 to 35,000 points.
On top of that, the card offers 15 Elite Night credits each year. This automatically qualifies you for Silver Elite status from the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program, which includes its own set of privileges like priority checkout, mobile check-in, and complimentary in-room Internet access.
This benefit is also available with the Bold card. However, when you spend $35,000 in an account year with your Boundless card, you qualify for Gold Elite status through Dec. 31 of that following year. Typically, this tier requires you to stay at least 25 nights per year and has even more perks, such as:
- A 25% point bonus when you book rooms
- Room upgrades when available
- 2 p.m. late checkout
Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Comparison
Not sure which Bonvoy credit card is right for you? Here are how Marriott’s personal credit cards from Chase and American Express stack up:
Marriott Bonvoy Bold®
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless®
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant®
|Earn 3X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 2X points on eligible travel purchases and 1X points on all other purchases
|Earn 6X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 3X points on gas, groceries, and dining (up to $6,000/year), and 2X points on all other purchases
|Earn 6X at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, 4X at restaurants worldwide and U.S. supermarkets (up to $15,000 in combined purchases per calendar year, then 2X points), and 2X points on all other eligible purchases
|Earn 6X points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®, 3X points on U.S. dining and flights booked with airlines, and 2X points on all other purchases
Other Benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
The Boundless boasts the same travel and purchase protections as the Bold and Brilliant cards, which you’ll also find with most other credit cards from Visa. This includes reimbursement for things like trip delays and lost luggage up to a certain amount per passenger when you pay with this card. There’s also no foreign transaction fee so you can use this card while abroad without the hassle.
Speaking of paying, this Chase card also comes with Contactless Pay. This means you can tap your card on the checkout terminal rather than swiping or inserting it into the chip reader for a more convenient experience. As with chip reading technology, this service is subject to availability based on each merchant’s payment system.
Finally, cardholders enjoy Visa Signature benefits and protections. Signature is the mid-level tier in the Visa credit card lineup, providing even greater value than what you can expect from a traditional Visa. The Visa Signature card offers the following benefits:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
FAQs About the Marriott Bonvoy
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, along with the answers:
- Marriott is the common name not only for a chain within the Marriott portfolio, but also for the chain as a whole. Marriott Bonvoy, on the other hand, refers to the chain’s loyalty program.
- Bonvoy points expire after 24 months without qualifying activity.
- You can contact Marriott customer service representatives at 1-800-535-4028.
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
Should You Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card?
On its own, the Bonvoy Boundless™ is a great hotel rewards card for those who frequent Marriott Bonvoy properties, whether for business or pleasure. Yet it’s worth comparing to the more luxurious Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express Card, and the simpler Bonvoy Bold to determine if this card is worthwhile for you.
You’ll find many similarities across these cards, but each has its own unique qualities that determines who benefits the most. For some, the extra benefits of Brilliant may come at too high a cost with its $450 annual fee. While the Bold has no such fee, it can’t quite compare for those who want to rack up points fast.
This is where the Boundless fits in. It hits the sweet spot for point seekers with only a $95 annual fee, which is almost negligible and can be easily offset by simply taking advantage of the yearly Free Night Award.
It also foregoes foreign transaction fees, so you can use it to cover expenses around the world. For Marriott enthusiasts, then, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ is almost a necessary companion on their travels.
Browse Other Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.