Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
75,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $5,000 within the first 3 months from opening an account
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 1 Free Night Award every year after your account anniversary
- Automatic Silver Elite Status
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card offers a strong rewards earning rate as well as added perks that will please loyal patrons of the Marriott Bonvoy brand. Cardholders gain automatic Silver Elite status and earn massive points to put toward free nights in top hotels all over the world. And since the points don’t expire, you could say this card’s reward potential is boundless.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Books frequent stays with Marriott Bonvoy™ properties and want to cash in on more loyalty rewards
- Can afford to spend $5,000 in the first 3 months to get 100,000 bonus points
- Are looking for a hotel card to use globally without incurring foreign transaction fees
- Desire a travel credit card that earns rewards on every purchase at attractive rates
- Will take advantage of the Elite Status perks and Free Night Award
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card Review
If you’re considering the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, you are likely comparing it to its sister cards, the Bold and the Brilliant. This card fits snuggly between the two, in many ways combining the best of both worlds. With its generous 6 points per dollar on hotel stays, Free Night award, and a manageable annual fee, you may find that this hotel rewards card fits your wallet just right.
Earn Boundless Rewards
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card stands just below the beefier Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express Card, but it nevertheless includes many of the same benefits. For one, it currently offers a similar monster bonus point welcome. After spending at least $5,000 within the first three months as a cardmember, you’re eligible for 100,000 extra points to redeem at your leisure, since points don’t expire.
Depending on your budget and lifestyle, $5,000 in three months might be a difficult challenge, but if you manage to meet it you won’t regret seeing 100,000 points in your Bonvoy account. These can easily be redeemed for several nights at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel, so you won’t have to wait long to book your free stay.
Compared with its other sister card, the lower-level Marriott Bonvoy Bold™, this card really packs a punch when it comes to earning points. Both the Boundless and the Brilliant cards earn 6 points per $1 spent at the thousands of participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, as well as 2 points per $1 on all other eligible purchases. This step up means you can earn points faster with only a moderate annual fee of $95.
Use Your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Card for Free Stays
As with the other two cards available, the Bonvoy Boundless gives your numerous options for redeeming your points. By far the most valuable choice is to redeem for free nights at hotels all over the world. The Marriott Bonvoy rewards system has three categories for booking rewards nights:
- Standard: your points pay for a room at the standard rate
- PointsSaver: you put your points toward rooms with discounted rates
- Cash + Points: you use your points to cover a portion of your stay and pay the rest out of pocket
The amount of points you’ll need to earn a free night will depend on a few factors, including the hotel you select and when you plan to stay. Off-season periods at some hotels can require as little as 5,000 points per night.
The real value of this system is that when you use your points to pay for 4 nights in a row, you get a 5th night free. However, if you prefer shorter stays, you can also redeem your points for tickets to unique local events, or transfer them to your airline loyalty program. Gift cards and shopping in the Marriott Bonvoy online store are other options, along with upgrading your stay with spa visits and room service.
Additional Free Night Award and Elite Status
In addition to letting you book free nights with your points, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card goes a step further with the Free Night Award benefit. This award is applied to your account after each cardmember anniversary, and you can redeem it on a hotel stay ranging from 7,500 to 35,000 points.
On top of that, the card offers 15 Elite Night credits each year. This automatically qualifies you for Silver Elite status from the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program, which includes its own set of privileges like priority checkout, mobile check-in, and complimentary in-room Internet access.
This benefit is also available with the Bold card. However, when you spend $35,000 in an account year with your Boundless card, you qualify for Gold Elite status through Dec. 31 of that following year. Typically, this tier requires you to stay at least 25 nights per year and has even more perks, such as:
- A 25% point bonus when you book rooms
- Room upgrades when available
- 2 p.m. late checkout
Other Benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
The Boundless boasts the same travel and purchase protections as the Bold and Brilliant cards, which you’ll also find with most other credit cards from Visa. This includes reimbursement for things like trip delays and lost luggage up to a certain amount per passenger when you pay with this card. There’s also no foreign transaction fee so you can use this card while abroad without the hassle.
Speaking of paying, this Chase card also comes with Contactless Pay. This means you can tap your card on the checkout terminal rather than swiping or inserting it into the chip reader for a more convenient experience. As with chip reading technology, this service is subject to availability based on each merchant’s payment system.
Should You Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card?
On its own, the Bonvoy Boundless™ is a great hotel rewards card for those who frequent Marriott Bonvoy properties, whether for business or pleasure. Yet it’s worth comparing to the more luxurious Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express Card, and the simpler Bonvoy Bold to determine if this card is worthwhile for you.
You’ll find many similarities across these cards, but each has its own unique qualities that determines who benefits the most. For some, the extra benefits of Brilliant may come at too high a cost with its $450 annual fee. While the Bold has no such fee, it can’t quite compare for those who want to rack up points fast.
This is where the Boundless fits in. It hits the sweet spot for point seekers with only a $95 annual fee, which is almost negligible and can be easily offset by simply taking advantage of the yearly Free Night Award.
It also foregoes foreign transaction fees, so you can use it to cover expenses around the world. For Marriott enthusiasts, then, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ is almost a necessary companion on their travels.