| Last updated on October 3rd, 2023
Iberia Visa Signature Card
Iberia Visa Signature Card
- 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Frequent Iberia flyers will find they can earn plenty of rewards points with the Chase Iberia Visa Signature® credit card, especially thanks to its gargantuan signup bonus.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, and LEVEL
- Earn 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. Plus earn 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Save 10% on Iberia flights purchased on iberia.com/Chase10
- Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad
- Simply tap to pay with your contactless Iberia Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
- Member FDIC
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You fly frequently, especially with Iberia Airlines, British Airways, or Aer Lingus
- You have an Iberia Plus account in which you already earn reward Avios
- You want to book travel with rewards miles instead of cash
- You have enough planned spending for a huge signup bonus
Iberia Visa Signature® Review
The Iberia Visa Signature® card is part of Chase Bank’s co-branded airline credit cards, all sharing the Avios frequent flyer currency. The card is a lucrative airline rewards credit card, thanks to a juicy welcome offer, decent airline perks, and the ability to use miles toward flights with Iberia, British Airways, or any other member carriers of the Oneworld airline alliance. The card has a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
75,000-Avios Welcome Offer
The perks with the Iberia Visa credit card start with the same 75,000 Bonus Avios welcome offer that comes with all three cards in the Chase portfolio. New accounts earn 75,000 Avios after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. This welcome bonus provides around $750 in value for travelers – likely enough to get you across the pond!
How to Earn Avios
Cardholders earn 3X Avios per dollar on all eligible British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL purchases. Cardholders also earn 2X Avios on hotel accommodations booked directly with the hotel, and 1X Avios on all other purchases. There is no maximum number of Avios you can earn but they expire after 36 months (three years) of account inactivity, which is something of a letdown.
How to Redeem Avios
Cardholders can redeem rewards accrued for flight awards, seat upgrades, and airport lounge access. These also apply to hotel bookings, car hires, and even activities and experiences at your final destination. Cardholders can also use Avios to book award flights with any other Avios or Oneworld airline alliance member carrier:
|Royal Air Moroc
|Sri Lankan Airlines
Related Article: The Ultimate Avios Program Guide
Airline Credit Card Comparison
How do the Avios credit cards from Chase compare with other competitors? Here’s how the cards stack up with other options:
Avios Credit Cards
Delta SkyMiles® Gold
AAdvantage® Platinum Select®
|World Elite Mastercard
|$99 annual fee ($0 year one)
|$99 annual fee ($0 year one)
|Earn 3X Avios with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL; 2X Avios on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel, 1X on all else.
|Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at U.S. Supermarkets and at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S.; 1X on all other purchases.
|Earn 2X Miles at gas stations and restaurants, and on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1X on all other purchases.
|Up to $600 in credits; earn a Travel Together Ticket after spending $30K/year, no foreign transaction fees.
|20% inflight savings, 1st checked bag free, $100 Delta Flight Credit after spending $10K/year, no foreign transaction fees.
|25% inflight savings, 1st checked bag free, preferred boarding, no foreign transaction fees.
Cardholders earn up to $600 in statement credits per year. These credits are either credits of $100 for Economy and Premium Economy – or $200 for Business and First Class seats – three times per year. This bonus requires using the Iberia Visa to pay taxes, fees, and carrier surcharges.
Cardholders also earn a Travel Together Ticket every calendar year when they make $30,000 on Iberia credit card purchases. These impressive tickets are valid for two years when redeeming Avios for a flight on Iberia for a companion traveling on the same flight. This benefit is also redeemable for a 50% discount on the Avios price when booking a solo reward flight.
FAQs About Avios
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Avios frequent flyer program, along with the answers:
- Yes. Avios expire after 36 months of inactivity on the account. That said, Avios are easy to keep active – especially with a British Airways credit cards – simply use the card to make a purchase and you are all set for 36 months!
- No. Avios can only be used by the accountholder.
- You can contact Avios at 0344 49 333 49 in the UK and 1 (855) 585-8264 in the United States.
Other Card Features
Other features of the Iberia credit card include no foreign transaction fees and EMV technology. Cardholders also enjoy access to My Chase Plan, Chase’s program that lets you finance purchases of $100 or more over time in equal monthly payments.
Cardholders also enjoy partner benefits from Chase and Visa. First, Chase provides access to a one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar. On the other hand, Visa provides comprehensive protections and benefits designed to keep you safe. These features include:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
How does Chase rate as a credit card issuer? Here is a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Iberia Visa Signature®?
The Chase Iberia Visa Signature Card is an excellent airline card for those who frequently travel to Europe. The Iberia Card is one of only a few cards that earn points with other carriers. Purchases made with partners like British Airways and Aer Lingus also earn 3x Avios for every dollar spent. The card also earns 2x points for purchases at hotels worldwide. This makes the card a very powerful tool for vacationers and business travelers.
The Iberia Visa Signature is a reliable tool for those who travel often and prefer flying with Avios partners. The talking point with the card is an immense sign-up bonus of 100,000 Avios in the three months of membership. And while the introductory bonus may attract applicants, the everyday value of the card is what will keep account holders satisfied for years to come.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.