Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 10th, 2021
Iberia Visa Signature® Card
Earn Up to 100,000 Bonus Avios
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 5 Avios for every $1 spent on flight purchases with Iberia, British Airways, and Aer Lingus within the first 12 months from account opening, thereafter earn 3 Avios
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on hotel accomodations booked directly with the hotel within the first 12 months from account opening, thereafter earn 2 Avios
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases you make purchases of $30,000
- Get a 10% discount on airfare
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
Frequent Iberia flyers will find they can earn plenty of rewards points with the Chase Iberia Visa Signature® credit card, especially thanks to its gargantuan signup bonus.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Fly frequently, especially with Iberia Airlines, British Airways, or Aer Lingus
- Have an Iberia Plus account in which you already earn reward Avios
- Want to book travel with rewards miles instead of cash
- Have enough planned spending for a huge signup bonus
Iberia Visa Signature® Review
The Iberia Visa Signature® card is part of Chase Bank’s lineup of co-branded airline credit cards, all of which share the Avios frequent flyer currency.
Like the other co-branded airline cards that share the Avios Travel Rewards currency, the Iberia Visa Signature® Card gives you Avios with every purchase. Money spent directly with Iberia nets the most Avios at a rate of 3X per $1. That earning rate is accelerated for the first 12 months, however. New accounts earn 5X Avios for every $1 spent on flight purchases with Iberia, British Airways, and Aer Lingus within the first 12 months from account opening.
Cardholders also earn 3X Avios for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations booked directly with the hotel within the first 12 months from account opening, with the rate dropping to 2X Avios after that. Anything else you pay for with this card earns 1X Avios point per $1.
You’ll need to be enrolled in the airline’s Iberia Plus frequent flyer program in order to have the Avios earned through the card credited and stored. If you don’t, opening an account with the Iberia Visa Signature® card automatically enrolls you in the program. In addition to the Avios, you’ll also have the opportunity to earn a $1,000 discount voucher – good for two tickets on the same flight – every year if you manage to spend $30,000 for that year.
Other perks this card includes are a 10% discount on Iberia flights – just use the Iberia Visa Signature® to book – and contactless technology so you can simply tap your card to pay. As far as fees, there is a $95 annual fee, so it’ll be in your best interest to use the card often so you can offset the yearly charge. There are no foreign transaction fees, however, so you can use the Iberia Visa Signature® to make purchases all over the world.
Should You Apply for the Chase Iberia Visa Signature® Card?
The Chase Iberia Visa Signature Card is an excellent airline card for those who frequently travel to Europe. The Iberia Card is one of only a few cards that earn points with other carriers. Purchases made with partners like British Airways and Aer Lingus also earn 3x Avios for every dollar spent. The card also earns 2x points for purchases at hotels worldwide. This makes the card a very powerful tool for vacationers and business travelers.
The talking point with the card is an immense sign-up bonus of 100,000 Avios in the three months of membership. The Iberia Visa Signature is a reliable tool for those who travel often and prefer flying with Avios partners. And while the introductory bonus may attract applicants, the everyday value of the card is what will keep account holders satisfied for years to come.