Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 6th, 2022
Iberia Visa Signature Card
Iberia Visa Signature Card
- Regular Purchase APR 18.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening
- Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, and LEVEL
- Earn 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. Plus earn 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Save 10% on Iberia flights purchased on iberia.com/Chase10
- Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad
- Simply tap to pay with your contactless Iberia Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Frequent Iberia flyers will find they can earn plenty of rewards points with the Chase Iberia Visa Signature® credit card, especially thanks to its gargantuan signup bonus.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Fly frequently, especially with Iberia Airlines, British Airways, or Aer Lingus
- Have an Iberia Plus account in which you already earn reward Avios
- Want to book travel with rewards miles instead of cash
- Have enough planned spending for a huge signup bonus
Iberia Visa Signature® Review
The Iberia Visa Signature® card is part of Chase Bank’s lineup of co-branded airline credit cards, all of which share the Avios frequent flyer currency.
Earn 100,000 Avios
One of the most common features of the Avios family of credit cards – and the Iberia Visa Signature – are the impressive points sign-up bonuses they provide. Avios have an approximate value of 1.5 cents per point according to BestCards’ points valuations, giving this introductory offer a value of $1,500 for award travel to Europe and beyond! That welcome offer is currently 75,000 Avios after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. If you can spend a total of $20,000 in the first 12 months, you’ll receive an additional 25,000 Avios – meaning 100,000 Avios for the taking in your first year as a cardholder.
How to Earn Rewards
Like the other co-branded airline cards that share the Avios Travel Rewards currency, the Iberia Visa Signature® Card gives you Avios with every purchase. Money spent directly with Iberia nets the most Avios at a rate of 3X per $1.
Cardholders also earn 2X Avios for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations booked directly with the hotel within. Anything else you pay for with this card earns 1X Avios point per $1.
How to Redeem Avios
Cardholders can redeem rewards accrued for flight awards, seat upgrades, and even airport lounge access. These also apply to hotel bookings, car hires, and even activities and experiences at your destination. Users can also redeem Avios with any of Iberia’s partnered oneworld® airlines, including Aer Lingus, British Airways, American Airlines, Qantas, and more. It’s essentially like having about a dozen airline reward credit cards in one.
Which Airlines Partner with Avios?
|British Airways Executive Club||Aer Lingus AerClub|
|Iberia Plus||Vueling Airlines Vueling Club|
You’ll need to be enrolled in the airline’s Iberia Plus frequent flyer program in order to have the Avios earned through the card credited and stored. If you don’t, opening an account with the Iberia Visa Signature® card automatically enrolls you in the program. In addition to the Avios, you’ll also have the opportunity to earn a $1,000 discount voucher – good for two tickets on the same flight – every year if you manage to spend $30,000 for that year.
FAQs About Avios
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Avios frequent flyer program, along with the answers:
- Yes. Avios expire after 36 months of inactivity on the account. That said, Avios are easy to keep active – especially with a British Airways credit cards – simply use the card to make a purchase and you are all set for 36 months!
- No. Avios can only be used by the accountholder.
- You can contact Avios at 0344 49 333 49 in the UK and 1 (855) 585-8264 in the United States.
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
JP Morgan Chase and British Airways Visa Signature Card Ratings
How does the Chase British Airways Visa stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Chase Iberia Visa Signature® Card?
The Chase Iberia Visa Signature Card is an excellent airline card for those who frequently travel to Europe. The Iberia Card is one of only a few cards that earn points with other carriers. Purchases made with partners like British Airways and Aer Lingus also earn 3x Avios for every dollar spent. The card also earns 2x points for purchases at hotels worldwide. This makes the card a very powerful tool for vacationers and business travelers.
The talking point with the card is an immense sign-up bonus of 100,000 Avios in the three months of membership. The Iberia Visa Signature is a reliable tool for those who travel often and prefer flying with Avios partners. And while the introductory bonus may attract applicants, the everyday value of the card is what will keep account holders satisfied for years to come.