Last updated on November 27th, 2020
Radisson Rewards is the rewards and loyalty program from Radisson Hotels. The current rewards program, formerly known as Club Carlson, allows members to earn impressive rewards points for stays at over 1,400 hotels and 200,000+ rooms and suites that make up the Radisson Hotels group of properties.
What Hotels Are in the Radisson Portfolio?
The following hotels and resorts make up the Radisson portfolio and participate in the Rewards Program:
- Radisson Collection
- Radisson Blu
- Park Plaza
- Park Inn
- Radisson Red
- Country Inn & Suites
How to Earn Rewards with Radisson Rewards
The most straightforward way to earn Radisson Rewards points is through booking stays with any member of the Radisson family of hotels.
Points from hotel stays vary depending upon the membership status of the individual with the points breakdown for hotel stays is as follows:
Club members earn 20 points for every $1 spent with Radisson.
Silver tier members earn 22 points for every $1 spent with Radisson.
Gold tier members earn 25 points for every $1 spent with Radisson
Platinum members earn 35 points for every $1 spent with Radisson.
Earn with Travel Partners
Radisson Rewards points are also earnable when booking vehicle rentals through select car rental partners worldwide. Current partners include:
- Alamo: Members earn 300 points for every day of their qualifying rental.
- Avis: Earn 750 points when booking with Avis, as well as 25% discounts on Avis base rates.
- Budget: Earn 750 points when booking with Budget, as well as 25% discounts on Budget base rental rates.
- Enterprise: Members earn 300 points for every day of their rental in Europe.
- Europcar: Radisson Rewards members can earn up to 1,800 points on eligible car rentals.
- National: Members receive a 25% discount on every qualifying rental and earn 300 points for every day of their rental with National.
- Sixt: Members receive 750 points for every Sixt care rental worldwide, as well as a 15% discount. Radisson Rewards Gold members also receive a free upgrade when available.
Other Ways to Earn
- Bicester Village Shopping Collection: Members earn ten points for every yuan spent on purchases with Bicester Village Shopping Collections in China, as well as ten points for every euro spent on purchases with Bicester in Europe.
- FTD Flowers: Rewards members earn 1,500 points when they order flowers through FTD and enter their Radisson membership.
- Special Events: Travel agents and small-to-medium-sized companies receive ten points for every dollar spent on bookings with over 1,100 Radisson properties worldwide. Event planners who are Rewards members earn five points for every dollar spent on events or meetings booked with Radisson.
What Are Radisson Rewards Points Worth?
How to Redeem Rewards with Radisson Rewards
The simplest way to redeem Radisson Rewards points is by booking free night stays with any of Radisson’s seven brands and 1,400 properties worldwide. As Radisson separates its features into seven distinct categories based upon the location, amenities, and quality of the room being booked, the number of points required for each free night stay will vary.
Free night bookings with Radisson can be made either through points or “Points + Cash,” with redemption rates starting as follows:
- Points: Points are the primary method of redemption within Radisson Rewards, with free nights starting at 9,000 points for off-peak stays in standard rooms at Category 1 properties, and 13,500 for premium rooms in similar properties.
- Points + Cash: Points + Cash allows Rewards members to pay for part of their stay with points – paying the rest with cash. Redemptions using Points + Cash start as low as 5,000 points at Category 1 properties.
Transfer to Travel Partners
Radisson Rewards points also transfer to the frequent flyer rewards programs of many of the world’s leading airlines. The following airlines are partners with Radisson:
- Air Astana
- Air Baltic
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air France
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Delta Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kuwait Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Oman Air
- Philippines Airlines
- Qatar Airlines
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines
- Saudi Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South Africa Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
Other Ways Redeem Points
- Express Points: Rewards points are redeemable for instant access to Radisson perks and upgrades during stays at participating hotels. Members can quickly redeem points for in-room entertainment options, room upgrades or enhancements, in-hotel food and beverage purchases, or even spa access where available.
- Shopping: Radisson Reward points are redeemable for gift cards in values of $10, $25, and $50. $10 gift cards cost 7,000 points, $25 gift cards cost 18,000 points, and $50 cards cost 34,000 reward points. Gift cards are also available in both euros and British pounds for European travelers.
- Gift cards are also available as prepaid Visa cards, at the cost of 20,000 points for a $25 Visa prepaid card, 35,000 points for a $50 prepaid card, and 67,000 points for a $100 Visa prepaid card.
- Priority Pass: Members can redeem 125,000 points for a Priority Pass Standard Plus membership (a $249 value). Priority Pass Standard Plus membership entitles members to ten free visits per year to the over 1,000+ airport lounges in the Priority Pass network. After the tenth visit, subsequent lounge visits cost $27 per visit. One hundred twenty-five thousand points for a year ‘s membership values rewards points at around 0.2 cents per point; meaning points are better used for booking stays – not lounge access.
- TSA PreCheck: Members can also redeem 65,000 points to cover the cost of a TSA PreCheck application – generally valued at $85. This redemption places the value of Radisson Rewards points at roughly 0.15 cents per points, meaning it isn’t the best way to redeem points – instead, pay for the application fee with your Radisson Rewards credit card.
- Charitable Donations: Points can be donated to support SOS Children’ Villages, the American Red Cross, or First Climate, a non-profit that promotes climate protection projects.
- Gift Points: Radisson also allows members to either share their points with a loved one through gifting. Points gifts must be in increments of 1,000 points, up to a maximum of 80,000 points.
Radisson Rewards Membership Tiers
Club is the entry-level tier in the Radisson Rewards program, offering essential perks and benefits to all members.
Club members can expect the following perks:
- 10% savings on hotel bookings made online with Radisson
- 20 points/$1 on Radisson purchases
- 5% food and beverage discount at participating hotel restaurants
- Complimentary two bottles of water per stay
Silver is the next tier in the Radisson loyalty program and offers enhanced perks beyond those of Club members. Silver membership requires a minimum of nine nights or six stays in a calendar year.
Silver members can expect the following perks on top of what Club members receive:
- 22 points/$1 on Radisson purchases
- 10% food and beverage discount at participating hotel restaurants
- Eligible nights automatically roll over towards Elite status for the next year
- Complimentary room upgrades when available
- Early check-in/late check-out
Gold is the next tier of the Elite status tiers in the Radisson Rewards program, offering further enhancements than those of Silver-tier and requiring at least 30 nights or 20 stays in a calendar year.
Gold members can expect the following perks and benefits in addition to Silver tier perks:
- 25 points/$1 on Radisson purchases
- 15% food and beverage discount at participating hotel restaurants
- In-room welcome gift upon arrival
- 72 hr. room availability guarantee
Platinum is the premier tier in the Radisson loyalty program and offers the program’s most exceptional perks and benefits. At least 60 nights or 30 stays in a calendar year is required to earn Platinum status.
Platinum hotel rewards program members can expect the following perks:
- 35 points/$1 on Radisson purchases
- 20% food and beverage discount at participating hotel restaurants
- 48 hr. room availability guarantee
- Complimentary breakfast at participating hotel restaurants during the stay
- Exclusive 24/7 access to Platinum Member Service line for bookings and travel assistance