Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Farmers® Rewards Visa®
Earn 3,000 Bonus Points ($30 Value) + 0% APR for 12 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24%, 17.24%, or 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3X points on Farmers products, gas, and home improvement purchases
- 3,000 bonus points for spending $500 in the first 90 days
- 0% purchase APR for 12 months
- Annual thank you bonus of 1,000 points
- No annual fee
- Points never expire
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24%, 17.24%, or 20.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 3% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Farmers® Rewards Visa® offers a lot more than you might expect from a credit card from an insurance company. Earn 3X points per $1 on Farmers Insurance products, gas, and home improvement purchases; annual bonus points as well as a solid one-time signup bonus – all with no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have multiple Farmers Insurance policies
- Want rewards for home improvement purchases
- Have upcoming home improvement projects within the next 12 months
- Want a card with no annual fee
Farmers® Rewards Visa Review
If you’re enrolled in any kind of Farmers Insurance policy, you’ll find yourself well rewarded with the Farmers® Rewards Visa® credit card. Enjoy 3X points on popular reward categories including gas and home improvement and an annual cardholder bonus just for owning the card. There is no annual fee so any current or future Farmers Insurance customer would benefit from owning the card, even if only for Farmers Insurance products.
Best Use of the Farmers Reward Card
While the cash value of the signup bonus isn’t substantial, it should be easy to meet regardless of your spending habits. Capitalize on your spending requirement outside by using the Farmers Rewards card as your go-to gas card for the next 3 months.
Homeowners and DIY home repair enthusiasts will find this card a useful addition to their financial toolkit for more than just the 3X points on home improvement purchases. Offering 12 months of 0% APR, use the Farmers Insurance credit card to fund your projects (while also earnings triple the points on every dollar) completely interest-free.
Earning & Redeeming Points
When it comes to earning and spending your points, the Farmers® Rewards Visa is very straightforward (and points never expire which is a huge plus). Each point is worth 1¢ and can be redeemed for statement credit (minimum $25), travel, gift cards, or merchandise. While your earnings probably won’t be enough to cover any insurance premiums, it certainly doesn’t hurt to put part of those payments back into your own pocket. If you spent $100 on insurance each month, you’d earn a modest $36 back per year.
If you’re still on the fence whether it’s worth applying for the Farmers® Rewards Visa®, this is one of the few retail cards that offer an annual cardholder bonus just for you keeping the account open. Every year you’ll receive 1,000 bonus points (a value of $10) just for owning this free credit card.
Should you Apply for the Farmers® Rewards Visa?
Overall, the Farmers® Rewards Visa could be a worthwhile card that continually provides value year after year for those who have multiple insurance policies with Farmers Insurance. With no annual fee – and a surprising range of popular bonus categories – this card offers far more than just returns on insurance purchases. While the earning potential is better geared towards homeowners, this card could easily fit into anyone’s current rotation of go-to reward credit cards.