Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 29th, 2020
- Receive 10% off your first purchase (in-store or online)
- 5% back at purchases at all TJX stores
- Earn & redeem rewards at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense stores
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a GlanceThe TJX Rewards® Platinum Mastercard® has a good deal of potential for fans of T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. With no annual fee, cardholders will earn 5% back on all store purchases which comes out to $10 off for every $200 spent.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Shop at TJX stores (T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense) at least once every month
- Spend at least $200 at TJX stores every year
- Only want rewards in the form of store vouchers
- Will pay their balance in full every month
TJX Rewards® Platinum Mastercard® ReviewOne of two available store credit cards from TJX, the TJX Rewards credit card is the open-loop card issued by major card issuer, Synchrony Bank. Cardholders can earn 5% back at all stores within the TJX family which includes T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post, and Homesense. Earnings come in the form of points to be used with the TJX Rewards program and can only be redeemed for Reward Certificates for use both online or in-store.
Benefits of the TJX Card: Signup Bonuses & Intro OffersUnfortunately, there is no intro APR or other type of special financing for TJX shoppers – meaning this card won’t be much help if you’re hoping to reduce overall credit card debt or ease the financial impact of a, particularly large shopping trip. It also isn’t a suitable balance transfer card – but few retail cards are. The signup bonus is negligible at best, a basic one-time 10% off coupon that can be used in-store or online (but must be in conjunction with a purchase being made using your TJX Rewards credit card). While the 10% isn’t much, this is likely the only coupon that TJX Rewards account shoppers will ever see, as the discount-retailer doesn’t have sales or offer coupons – this signup bonus itself is not a compelling reason to open this credit card but the ongoing TJX rewards salvage the card’s potential.
Shopping Perks for TJ Maxx CardholdersTJX makes a vague claim that cardholders will receive invitations to “exclusive private shopping events,” but beyond that provides no additional benefits. The TJX Rewards program offers painfully little to its customers and owning the credit card does virtually nothing to enhance that. There are no anniversary bonuses, discounted shopping days, or even opportunities to earn bonus points for particular items. And despite the fact that all of the TJX stores have strong websites, it’s disappointing that the TJX Reward credit card doesn’t at least offer free shipping on purchases. In short, if you were hoping that this card would enhance your shopping experience (or at least provide a few cost-saving freebies) you are out of luck.
Earning TJX RewardsThe only function of the TJX Platinum Mastercard is its ability to earn an unlimited 5% back (in points) on purchases made at any of the five stores housed under the TJX parent company:
- T.J. Maxx