Lands' End® Visa®
Receive 55% Off Your First Lands' End Purchase
- Earn a $5 reward for every 500 points earned
- 5X points per $1 spent on Lands' End purchases
- 2X points per $1 spent on gas, travel, and restaurants
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free standard shipping on all purchases
- Take $50 off a $100+ purchase during your birthday month
- Receive a $20 Lands' End certificate for making an outside purchase with 60 days
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.49% or 25.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The new co-branded Visa card from Wisconsin-based American lifestyle brand, the Lands’ End Visa features enticing shopping perks including free standard shipping on all purchases, multiple opportunities for 50% off at checkout – and for no annual fee. Unlike many other retail credit cards, this one doesn’t require you to be a frequent (or even loyal) customer – making it a decent option for customers who shop at Lands’ End every now and again.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Intend on making a large Lands’ End purchase in the near future
- Are applying before your birthday month
- Regularly spend less than $75 at Lands’ End at a time
- Shop at LandsEnd.com more often than at their brick-and-mortar stores
Lands’ End® Visa® Credit Card Review
Although best known for their seasonal coats and bathing suits, the Land’s End® Visa® has year-round appeal with perks to delight all of their customers – no matter how frequently (or infrequently) they may shop there. Earn a $5 reward certificate for every $100 spent at Lands’ End stores, plus enjoy cardholder exclusive perks while earning bonus points on gas, travel, and restaurant purchases.
Issued by Comenity Bank, Lands’ End offers both a store card as well as a Visa and Visa Signature version. All applicants are automatically considered for the Visa-version of the card, and those that are found to be ineligible will automatically be considered for the closed-loop card instead. There no annual fee but does have an above-average APR (typical of retail cards) so only those who can pay off their monthly balance in its entirety should consider opening this card.
The Signup Bonus
New cardholders will get a juicy signup bonus of 50% off their first Lands’ End Visa credit card purchase which generously includes sale and clearance items. For all non-Lands’ End purchases, customers $20 reward certificate for making a purchase (no minimum price) outside of the store.
Reward Points & Redemption
The card has a pretty predictable bonus structure: offering the greatest incentives for store purchases and with slight kickbacks in the usual categories. Even so, the card’s limited point redemption options make it an unrecommended card for use as your primary credit card – despite offering bonuses in popular categories.
- 5X points per $1 spent at Lands’ End stores or online within the United States
- 2X points per $1 spent at gas stations, travel (car rentals, airlines, cruise lines, hotels, motels, and resorts), and restaurants
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Points expire 12 months from the date that they are earned and can only be redeemed for vouchers to be used during checkout. The starting reward redemption amount is a $5 reward certificate (requires 500 points) and goes up to $500. Certificates expire 60 days after being issued – so keep on eye on these as they are generated automatically. There is a limit of 4 rewards certificates per purchase.
In order to earn 500 worth of points, cardholders would have to spend:
- $100 at Lands’ End stores (one point = $0.20 value)
- $250 on gas, travel or restaurants (one point = $0.02 value)
- $500 on other any other purchases (one point = $0.01 value)
It’s apparent that cardholders get the best value when using their card for Lands’ End purchases – although, the card has a surprisingly high point value compared to other retail cards.
One of our favorite features is the most practical one: free standard shipping on all online orders. Lands’ End already has reasonable U.S. shipping fees ($8 for all 50 states – yes that includes Alaska and Hawaii – as well as U.S territories) but those who make smaller purchases under $75 will reap the most benefit from the card perk. If you typically shop in a few big hauls each year – you’re likely already scoring free shipping without this card.
If you identify in the latter group who buys all their fill power down coats, duck boots, and dog jackets at once, there’s an exclusive Lands’ End credit card-only discount that you won’t want to miss. During your birthday month, take $50 off a $100 purchase (one-time use). While it’s not as lucrative savings as the signup bonus, it could turn your future haul into a downright steal if you end up purchasing $100+ in discounted items. Keep in mind that you will have to make at least one purchase every 12 months in order to be eligible for this annual offer.
There is one glaring caveat of the birthday perk however as new cardholders who apply for the Land’s End® credit card during their birthday month won’t be able to take advantage of the offer until the next calendar year. While the 50% off the first purchase might soften the blow of ineligibility (if you end up applying during your birthday month), it’s still a bummer knowing you were so close to having a $50 off coupon.
Should You Apply for the Lands’ End Visa Card?
The Lands’ End Visa card has average earning potential with an unremarkable point redemption option – even loyal Lands’ End customers would find the reward certificate feature an uncompelling reason to apply for this card. The primary value, however, lies with the 50% sign up bonus and the long-term shopping perks that provide perks every year and potentially, every purchase.
As a retail card, it does well when it comes to creating cardholder-exclusive rewards. It gives customers a smidgen of VIP treatment without all the hurdles and complicated tiered rates that other retail cards have. Redeeming points is straightforward and individually, they have a surprisingly decent value.
Make at least one purchase a year (feel free to spend as little as you want – you have free shipping on all purchases!) prior to your birthday month in order to take advantage of the $50 off $100 purchase coupon. Even if those are the only two purchases you make at Lands’ End a year, you’ll find yourself effortlessly saving at least $50 on your purchase – savings won’t cost you a dime with this no-annual-fee card.