Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 2nd, 2022
Paceline Credit Card
Paceline Credit Card
The First Health & Wellness Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.49% to 31.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 31.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $60
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn up to 5% cash back on Health & Wellness purchases when maintaining a Paceline Streak
- Earn 2.5% back on Health & Wellness purchases outside of Paceline Streaks
- Earn up to 3% back on every dollar spent on all other net purchases
- Visa Signature benefits and protections
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.49% to 31.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 31.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either5%of the amount of each advance or$10, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 31.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $60
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: See Terms
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Paceline Credit Card is a fitness credit card that offers cash back on health and wellness purchases – with more rewards, the more you exercise. The card offers up to 5% back on eligible purchases and features a $60 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have an Apple iPhone or watch
- Are already a member of Paceline Rewards
- Really need the motivation to stay fit
Paceline Credit Card Review
The Paceline Credit Card is a first-of-its-kind fitness and cash back credit card that works within the Paceline mobile app ecosystem and features a $60 annual fee.
Earn Up to 5% Cash Back
The main selling point with the new Paceline Credit Card is earning up to 5% cash back on health and wellness purchases. Eligible “health and wellness” purchases include various categories, including gym memberships, sporting goods, select clothing purchases, and even coffee. Here is a full list of all eligible 5% back categories:
- Gym memberships and subscriptions, including Peloton, Equinox, SoulCycle, LifeTime, Orangetheory Fitness, Planet Fitness and more
- Grocery stores including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Instacart and more.
- Qualifying pharmacy purchases at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and others
- Fitness equipment with brands including Peloton, Tonal, Mirror and Echelon
- Fitness apparel and sporting goods with brands including Adidas, Athleta, Nike, lululemon, The North Face, Outdoor Voices, Patagonia and Under Armour
Paceline cardholders also earn up to 3% unlimited cash back on all other eligible purchases for every week that they hit 150 minutes of elevated heart rate activity.
Those 5% and 3% back rates are reliant upon the cardholder’s Paceline Streak status. A Paceline Streak is defined as a Paceline member achieving 150 or more elevated heart rate minutes per week, with no more than 50 minutes towards that goal coming from a single day.
Without an active Streak, cardholders earn 2.5% back on health and wellness purchases and 1.5% back on all other purchases. Cash back automatically posts the accountholder’s account each day.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming Paceline Rewards are straightforward. Cardholders (and Paceline members) can select gift cards from over 150 fitness partners, including lululemon, Nike, Athleta, and more. Cardholders can also select to donate their rewards to a worthy cause, get discounts on select fitness products, and more.
Apple Watch Sign-Up Bonus
Fitness fanatics also receive the opportunity to get their hands on an Apple Watch Series 7. New accounts that pay their minimum balance due every month and maintain their Paceline Streak as described in their account details – all for 12 months – receive up to $429 in statement credits towards the latest Apple Watch. Statement credits occur weekly, and are valued at around $8 each week.
This introductory bonus is decent, but requires plenty of time to bear any fruit – but does provide value for the fitness enthusiast.
Paceline App Required
Because the Paceline Credit Card integrates so seamlessly with the Paceline app, it’s a requirement before even applying for the card. Unfortunately, the Paceline mobile app is currently only offered in the Apple App Store, meaning Android users will have to wait for a new version in the Google Play Store if they hope to get their hands on the card.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Paceline Credit Card include the full suite of Visa Signature benefits, including:
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotels Collection
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cardholder Inquiry Services
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Should You Apply for the Paceline Visa Signature Credit Card?
The Paceline Credit Card has the right idea in that it incentivizes staying healthy and active. Still, the card struggles due to its annual fee and limited features. The 5% back on Health & Wellness purchases is a great feature – but only if you are disciplined enough to ensure you meet the Paceline Streak requirements (otherwise, the card only earns 2.5% back and 1.5% back, respectively). Meeting streak requirements means staying tied to Paceline’s app – don’t have Paceline? If so, the card is not for you.
Less confusing is the sign-up bonus, as it requires a keeping the account active and meeting fitness goals over a full year. Sure, a $429 statement credit towards the latest Apple Watch is fine, but not when it requires maintaining fitness streaks for an entire year, which could lead to a body breaking down if done incorrectly.
Ultimately, the Paceline Visa Signature struggles to justify its annual fee. For those that really feel the need to incentivize their fitness, the card may make sense. For everyone else, however, better offers exists elsewhere – notably the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards which offers t unlimited up to 3% back on health and wellness (like the Paceline’s baseline rewards, with Streak), but with no streak/fitness requirements – or annual fee.