| Last updated on November 23rd, 2023
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
- 14.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.99% to 29.99% Balance Transfer APR
At a Glance
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® offers no fees, low rates, cash back, and credit lines up to $25,000 in one unique package. The card provides the flexibility and predictability consumers need to pay down balances and get debt-free quickly.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- $200 bonus after opening a Rewards Checking Plus account and making 3 debit card transactions*
- Unlimited cash back on payments: 3% on Home, Auto, and Health categories and 1% on everything else after you make payments on your purchases
- No annual fee
- Combine the flexibility of a credit card with the predictability of a personal loan
- No touch payments with contactless technology built in
- See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score
- Great for large purchases with predictable payments you can budget for
- Mobile app to access your account anytime, anywhere
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud liability
- *To qualify for the welcome bonus, you must open and fund a new Rewards Checking account and make 3 qualifying debit card transactions from your Rewards Checking account within 60 days of the date the Upgrade Card account is opened. To qualify, debit card transactions must have settled and exclude ATM transactions. Please refer to the applicable Upgrade VISA® Debit Card Agreement and Disclosures for more information. Your Upgrade Card and Rewards Checking account must be open and in good standing to receive a bonus. If you have previously opened a Rewards Checking account or do not open one as part of this application process, you are not eligible for this welcome bonus offer. Welcome bonus offers cannot be combined, substituted, or applied retroactively. The bonus will be applied to your Rewards Checking account as a one-time payout credit within 60 days after the 3rd qualifying card purchase.
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 29.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Up to 5%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3%
- You struggle to pay off your credit card balances
- You want to earn up to 3% cash back on purchases
- You can reliably pay off your statement balances to earn cash back for your purchases
- You have a desire to get debt-free quickly
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Review
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is the latest cash back rewards and a low-rate credit card from Upgrade. Like the other offer from the issuer, the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the Triple Cash Rewards combines the flexibility of a card with the low cost and predictability of a loan.
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa offers double the cash back rewards of the popular Upgrade Card with Cash Rewards. The Triple Cash allows cardholders to earn up to 3% back on purchases in select categories, with an unlimited 1% back on all other purchases.
Those triple cash back (3% back for every $1 spent on purchases) categories are broad, making the card a versatile earner that excels for use in everyday life. Cardholders earn 3% cash back on purchases in the “Home,” “Auto,” and “Health” categories. Since these categories are very broad, there is no telling how much cash back you can rack up with the card!
Like the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the cash back rewards program with the Triple Cash Rewards Visa is slightly different from that of other issuers. Cardholders only get rewarded after they pay off their purchases via their billing statement. This condition ensures that cardholders remain responsible for paying off their debt, which can go a long way towards developing healthy money habits.
Upgrade Card Comparison
Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa®
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
|Earn 1.5% unlimited cash back on card purchases every time you make a payment||Unlimited cash back on payments – 3% on Home, Auto and Health categories and 1% on everything else|
|All Upgrade Visa cards provide the following benefits:|
|Combine the flexibility of a credit card with the predictability of a personal loan|
|No touch payments with contactless technology built in|
|See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score|
|No annual fee|
An Impressive APR
One of the most remarkable features of Upgrade’s credit cards is the exceptionally low rates they provide members. Where other banks focus on 0% introductory APR offers and decent interest rates after that, Upgrade focuses on ultra-competitive interest rates from the start.
Interest rates with the Upgrade Card start as low as 8.99%. Except for some smaller credit unions, virtually no banks provide an APR starting as low as the Upgrade Card from Cross River Bank. While that rate varies depending on the applicant’s creditworthiness, for those with excellent credit, Upgrade offers the perfect purchasing (and financing) platform.
The Predictability of a Loan
The Triple Cash Rewards Visa works and behaves just like other Upgrade Card products – a huge plus for those that want a great low rate and the predictability of an installment loan. Cardholders can use funds from their line of credit to their bank account to pay off existing debt. This process makes the card an ideal alternative for a balance transfer credit card.
After the statement period finishes, Upgrade lumps all bank transfers and purchases into one balance, which the account holder pays down based upon their installment terms. With Upgrade, these repayment terms vary from 12 to 60 months, depending upon creditworthiness when applying.
According to research from Upgrade, paying off a $10,000 balance takes just a few years with the Upgrade Triple Rewards Visa, compared with other traditional credit cards that can take up to 20 years – or more.
The Flexibility of a Card
Since the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is a full-fledged Visa product, it also provides a credit card’s security and flexibility. Cardholders can use their credit line to make purchases anywhere that Visa is accepted worldwide – including no-touch payments with contactless technology built-in. New accounts also enjoy instant virtual card access while waiting for their new Upgrade Visa to arrive in the mail.
And, since the Upgrade Triple Rewards Card is a Visa product, cardholders enjoy all the safety and security that comes from Visa, including:
No Hidden Fees
The Upgrade Triple Rewards Card positions itself as a different kind of credit card, so eliminating fees of any kind is keeping true to its mission statement. The card has no annual fee, no late fees, and no penalty fees or APR. There are also no balance transfer fees, making paying down balances even easier.
Increased Approval Odds for Average Credit Scores
People with fair FICO Scores often struggle to find a credit card offering more than 1% cash back rewards. With Upgrade, however, more credit scores have better access to impressive rewards than ever before.
Cross River Bank and Upgrade have a much broader range for credit application approvals, making the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa an almost unbeatable chance to get a versatile rewards card with no annual fee. While creditworthiness will vary depending on various factors, many applicants with a FICO Score over 620 have good approval odds for the card.
Upgrade Card FAQs
- Yes! The Upgrade Card is a regular Visa credit card that also acts as an installment loan.
- Unlike other cards, Upgrade is reported as an installment loan on your credit report.
- Yes. Upgrade reports to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- Upgrade Loans are different from the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards. Upgrade Loans may contact your employer to verify employment and income details. The Upgrade Card, however, acts like any other credit card application, meaning you won’t have to worry about your employer being contacted.
Upgrade Card Availability
The Upgrade Card is available in all U.S. states with the exception of District of Columbia, Iowa, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Upgrade Card Ratings
Should You Apply for the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®?
Like its 1.5% cash back counterpart, the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is a versatile, impressive credit card for those that want an exceptional APR, solid rewards, and a whole lot more.
The low rates and installment system with Upgrade are the ideal way to pay down an existing balance, with data showing it can accelerate the timing to becoming debt-free by years. Not only that, but the monthly plan system of the Upgrade Card makes repayments predictable.
The addition of up to 3% cash back on home, auto, and health purchases is equally impressive and makes the card an everyday earner that just so happens to help you reduce your existing credit card debt. Plus, since those rewards can be applied towards statement credits, using the card every day can really help put a dent in existing debt in no time!
Overall, the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® provides a whole lot of value for no annual fee. For those seeking an excellent balance transfer and rewards credit card – your search may be over. Other popular no annual fee options include the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer (unlimited 2% back), WF Active Cash (also 2% back) and the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card.
*To qualify for the welcome bonus, you must open and fund a new Rewards Checking Plus account through Upgrade and make 3 qualifying debit card transactions from your Rewards Checking Plus account within 60 days of the date the Rewards Checking Plus account is opened. If you have previously opened a checking account through Upgrade or do not open a Rewards Checking Plus account as part of this application process, you are not eligible for this welcome bonus offer. Your Upgrade Card and Rewards Checking Plus account must be open and in good standing to receive a bonus. To qualify, debit card transactions must have settled and exclude ATM transactions. Please refer to the applicable Upgrade VISA® Debit Card Agreement and Disclosures for more information. Welcome bonus offers cannot be combined, substituted, or applied retroactively. The bonus will be applied to your Rewards Checking Plus account as a one-time payout credit within 60 days after meeting the conditions.
Credit Lines opened through Upgrade feature Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) of 14.99% – 29.99% and line amounts ranging $500 – $25,000. Optional ACH transfers to your bank account, balance transfers, and foreign transactions are subject to fees that, if incurred, will increase your finance charge and APR. The lowest rates require Autopay and the majority of the line amounts will be $15,000 or under. For example, a $5,000 transaction with a 36 month term and a 19.99% APR has a required monthly payment of $187.90. The APR on your transaction may be higher or lower. Your rate, line amount, and default term depend on maintaining a qualifying credit score, your credit usage history, requested amount, and other factors. The Upgrade Card is unique in that it allows you to obtain a series of closed-end loans which you may access through transactions such as card purchases up to the approved line amount. As you repay your balance, additional credit may become available to you up to the approved line amount subject to meeting our credit requirements. The Upgrade Card will not replenish as it would in an open-end credit arrangement.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.