Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 17th, 2022
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
- Regular Purchase APR 8.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 8.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn a $200 bonus on your Upgrade Card after opening a Rewards Checking account and making 3 debit card transactions*
- Unlimited cash back on payments - 3% on Home, Auto and Health categories and 1% on everything else
- $0 fees - $0 annual fee, $0 activation fees, $0 maintenance fees
- Combine the flexibility of a card with the low cost and predictability of a loan
- No touch payments with contactless technology built in
- See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score
- See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score
- Great for large purchases with predictable payments you can budget for
- Mobile app to access your account anytime, anywhere
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud liability
- *To qualify for the $200 welcome bonus, you must open and fund a new Rewards Checking account and make 3 debit card transactions within 60 days of your Upgrade Card account opening. The bonus will be applied as a one-time credit to your account and will not otherwise reduce the amount of your regular monthly payments. The bonus credit will be posted to your Upgrade Card as a rewards credit within 1-2 billing periods following the third debit card transaction on your Rewards Checking account. Your Upgrade Card must be in good standing to receive a bonus.
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 8.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® offers no fees, low rates, cash back, and credit lines up to $25,000 in one unique package. The card provides the flexibility and predictability consumers need to pay down balances and get debt-free quickly.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Struggle to pay off their credit card balances
- Want to earn up to 3% cash back on purchases
- Can reliably pay off their statement balances to earn cash back for their purchases
- Have a desire to get debt-free quickly
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Review
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is the latest cash back rewards and a low-rate credit card from Upgrade. Like the other offer from the issuer, the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the Triple Cash Rewards combines the flexibility of a card with the low cost and predictability of a loan.
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa offers double the cash back rewards of the popular Upgrade Card with Cash Rewards. The Triple Cash allows cardholders to earn up to 3% back on purchases in select categories, with an unlimited 1% back on all other purchases.
Those triple cash back (3% back for every $1 spent on purchases) categories are broad, making the card a versatile earner that excels for use in everyday life. Cardholders earn 3% cash back on purchases in the “Home,” “Auto,” and “Health” categories. Since these categories are very broad, there is no telling how much cash back you can rack up with the card!
Like the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the cash back rewards program with the Triple Cash Rewards Visa is slightly different from that of other issuers. Cardholders only get rewarded after they pay off their purchases via their billing statement. This condition ensures that cardholders remain responsible for paying off their debt, which can go a long way towards developing healthy money habits.
An Impressive APR
One of the most remarkable features of Upgrade’s credit cards is the exceptionally low rates they provide members. Where other banks focus on 0% introductory APR offers and decent interest rates after that, Upgrade focuses on ultra-competitive interest rates from the start.
Interest rates with the Upgrade Card start as low as 8.99%. Except for some smaller credit unions, virtually no banks provide an APR starting as low as the Upgrade Card from Sutton Bank. While that rate varies depending on the applicant’s creditworthiness, for those with excellent credit, Upgrade offers the perfect purchasing (and financing) platform.
The Predictability of a Loan
The Triple Cash Rewards Visa works and behaves just like other Upgrade Card products – a huge plus for those that want a great low rate and the predictability of an installment loan. Cardholders can use funds from their line of credit to their bank account to pay off existing debt. This process makes the card an ideal alternative for a balance transfer credit card.
After the statement period finishes, Upgrade lumps all bank transfers and purchases into one balance, which the account holder pays down based upon their installment terms. With Upgrade, these repayment terms vary from 12 to 60 months, depending upon creditworthiness when applying.
According to research from Upgrade, paying off a $10,000 balance takes just a few years with the Upgrade Triple Rewards Visa, compared with other traditional credit cards that can take up to 20 years – or more.
The Flexibility of a Card
Since the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is a full-fledged Visa product, it also provides a credit card’s security and flexibility. Cardholders can use their credit line to make purchases anywhere that Visa is accepted worldwide – including no-touch payments with contactless technology built-in. New accounts also enjoy instant virtual card access while waiting for their new Upgrade Visa to arrive in the mail.
And, since the Upgrade Triple Rewards Card is a Visa product, cardholders enjoy all the safety and security that comes from Visa, including:
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Roadside Dispatch
- Accident Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Cash Disbursement and Card Replacement
No Hidden Fees
The Upgrade Triple Rewards Card positions itself as a different kind of credit card, so eliminating fees of any kind is keeping true to its mission statement. The card has no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, no late fees, and no penalty fees or APR. There are also no balance transfer fees, making paying down balances even easier.
Increased Approval Odds for Average Credit Scores
People with fair FICO Scores often struggle to find a credit card offering more than 1% cash back rewards. With Upgrade, however, more credit scores have better access to impressive rewards than ever before.
Sutton Bank and Upgrade have a much broader range for credit application approvals, making the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa an almost unbeatable chance to get a versatile rewards card with no annual fee. While creditworthiness will vary depending on various factors, many applicants with a FICO Score over 620 have good approval odds for the card.
Upgrade Card FAQs
- Yes! The Upgrade Card is a regular Visa credit card that also acts as an installment loan.
- Unlike other cards, Upgrade is reported as an installment loan on your credit report.
- Yes. Upgrade reports to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- Upgrade Loans are different from the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards. Upgrade Loans may contact your employer to verify employment and income details. The Upgrade Card, however, acts like any other credit card application, meaning you won’t have to worry about your employer being contacted.
Upgrade Card Availability
The Upgrade Card is available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia (DC).
Upgrade Card Ratings
How does the Upgrade Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the Upgrade Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®?
Like its 1.5% cash back counterpart, the Upgrade Visa® Card with Cash Rewards, the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® is a versatile, impressive credit card for those that want an exceptional APR, solid rewards, and a whole lot more.
The low rates and installment system with Upgrade are the ideal way to pay down an existing balance, with data showing it can accelerate the timing to becoming debt-free by years. Not only that, but the monthly plan system of the Upgrade Card makes repayments predictable.
The addition of up to 3% cash back on home, auto, and health purchases is equally impressive and makes the card an everyday earner that just so happens to help you reduce your existing credit card debt. Plus, since those rewards can be applied towards statement credits, using the card every day can really help put a dent in existing debt in no time!
Overall, the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa® provides a whole lot of value for no annual fee. For those seeking an excellent balance transfer and rewards credit card – your search may be over. Other popular no annual fee options include the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer (unlimited 2% back), WF Active Cash (also 2% back) and the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card and Citi Double Cash has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
*To qualify for the $200 welcome bonus, you must open and fund a new Upgrade Rewards Checking account and make 3 debit card transactions within 60 days of your Upgrade Card account opening. The bonus will be applied as a one-time credit to your account and will not otherwise reduce the amount of your regular monthly payments. The bonus credit will be posted to your Upgrade Card as a rewards credit within 1-2 billing periods following the third debit card transaction on your Rewards Checking account. Your Upgrade Card must be in good standing to receive a bonus.