Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card
Earn Up To 5X Points Directly From PlayStation
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 19.99%, or 22.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 26.99%
- Cash Advance APR 23.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR for the first 6 months
- Earn 5X points on PlayStation or Sony purchases
- Earn 3X points on internet and cable bills
- Earn 2X points on dining
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 19.99%, or 22.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card is a gaming rewards card from Comenity Bank. The no-annual-fee card offers the perfect platform for updating your gaming system, paying recurring bills, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer PlayStation as their gaming ecosystem
- Are considering buying a new PlayStation 5 console
- Want a stylish card that shows their love for their favorite game series
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee for a rewards credit card
PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card Review
The PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card is a unique rewards credit card from gaming giant PlayStation and Comenity Bank. The card offers digital-centric perks and rewards based around the eponymous gaming platform, as well as on select everyday and recurring payments.
How to Earn Sony Rewards
As you’d expect, the PlayStation Visa prioritizes points-earning on purchases of Sony and PlayStation products. Purchases of these types of products earn 5X rewards points per dollar spent and apply to purchases made directly with PlayStation (through the PlayStation Store) or Sony and at select authorized retailers.
If you are thinking that the “authorized retailers” stipulation might limit where you can earn 5X points, don’t worry. The list of authorized retailers is comprehensive (to say the least). This means that no matter where you buy your video games or consoles, you are likely able to earn max rewards.
The PlayStation Visa also earns enhanced rewards on a variety of recurring and everyday purchases and charges. These categories include 3X points on both cable and internet provider bill payments and 2X on dining (including takeout, fast food, and delivery). All other purchases earn a flat rate of 1X points per dollar.
How to Redeem Rewards Points
Redeeming rewards points with the PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card is also very PlayStation and Sony-oriented. Rewards points apply to countless redemption options, with the best selections taking the form of exclusive collectibles and experiences featuring your favorite series, the latest PS4, PS5, other PlayStation games and gear, or the latest Sony tech and electronics.
Do Sony Rewards Points Expire?
Keep in mind that Sony Rewards do expire. Points expire five years from the last day of the month in which the points were earned. Points also expire after 18 months of inactivity on the Sony Rewards accounts.
Choose Your Card Design
The PlayStation Visa takes a page out of the DC Power Visa by allowing gamers to choose their own unique card design. Sony lets cardholders display their fandom with an impressive selection of cool card designs based on images from popular games, including the God of War, The Last of Us, and more.
0% Intro APR
The PlayStation Visa also comes with a special introductory APR to make purchasing your new PS5 a breeze. New accounts enjoy a 0% Intro APR for six months from account opening on all purchases made with the card.
Once that period ends, the card features a competitive APR on purchases – around 14% for applicants with excellent credit scores – making the card a decent option as an everyday fixture in a gamer’s wallet.
Earn $75 in Free Games
The card also comes with another easy-to-reach bonus. New accounts can earn $75 in free PlayStation games by activating their card and spending $500 on purchases within the first 60 days.
That spending requirement works out to $250 per month – which isn’t a tall ask given the value on everyday purchases with the card. Additionally, using the card to purchase a new console will likely meet the spend requirement and provide a new title (or two) to break in the new console.
Other Card Features
Other notable card features include:
- Instant credit line access upon approval
- No annual fee
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability protection
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Should You Apply for the PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card?
Overall, the PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card is an interesting option for the avid gamer who wants a credit card that is equally at home buying the latest game or console as it is purchasing a pizza or paying a bill. The card offers an excellent opportunity for games to amass impressive rewards and access exclusive deals and swag from their favorite gaming series and brands.
Beyond the gamer, however, the card has a diminished appeal. That’s not to say it isn’t a decent card, however. The ability to earn rewards on internet and cable bills is excellent – but not unique. The Venmo Card, for example, provides a similar benefit.
All told, the PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card is worth considering if you are a gamer that favors the PlayStation ecosystem and are considering buying a new console. The introductory bonus offers the card ideal for this approach and will help you upgrade your gaming setup with no interest – plus a few free games.