BJ's Perks Plus® Mastercard®
3% Cash Back on BJ's Purchases
- Save 10¢ off per gallon at BJ's Gas®
- 5% cash back on most BJ's purchases
- 2% cash back on dining and non-BJ's gas stations
- 1% cash back for everything else
- No annual fee
- Requires BJ’s Perks Rewards® membership
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
BJ’s Inner Circle® members can amplify their savings even further with the BJ’s Perks Plus® Mastercard®; earn 3% cash back on BJ’s purchases and save 10¢ on every single gallon at BJ’s gas stations. Earnings can be redeemed at BJ’s checkout in $20 increments.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a BJ’s Inner Circle membership
- Spend at least $550 at BJ’s gas stations or $667 at BJ’s checkout per year
- Want direct savings per gallon on gas
- Want a card with no annual fee
BJ’s Perks Plus Mastercard Review
The BJ’s Perks Plus® Mastercard® is an easy way for current BJ’s shoppers to save even more – both at checkout and at the pump. The most notable benefit of this card is the remarkable gas savings: 10¢ off every single gallon at a BJ’s gas station, but cardholders who spend at least $667 at the retailer every 3 years will find themselves earning $20 awards that can be used to reduce the total at BJ’s checkout.
Instead of having an annual fee, the BJ’s Perks Plus® Mastercard® requires a current BJ’s Inner Circle® membership in order to apply ($55 per year). The BJ’s Plus credit card would an effortless addition for frequent BJ’s shoppers to take advantage of, however, it might not be worth paying for a membership just to own. The card does not offer a signup bonus to jump-start any savings, so generating any cash rewards will mostly rely on how frequently you shop at BJ’s.
Bonus Categories & Earning Rewards
While the card does offer cash-saving rewards for future BJ’s purchases, it is most viable as a gas credit card – ideal for those who spend at least $550 on gas per year. In order to earn awards towards future checkout, cardholders can accumulate earnings through the following categories:
- 3% cash back on BJ’s purchases
- 2% cash back on dining and non-BJ’s gas stations
- 1% cash back on everything else
(If you want to earn 5% cash back on BJ’s purchases, check out the BJ’s Perks Elite® Mastercard®)
Earning rates are modest, so it will take quite a bit of spending in order to accumulate the $20 in earnings to accumulate a $20 award – and since BJ’s credit card earnings expire, you’ll have a limited time to do so.
Cash back earnings expire 36 months (3 years) from when they were earned. Awards – which are automatically generated when the threshold has been reached – expire a short 6 months after they are generated. If you only shop at BJ’s once every few months, you may find rewards few and far between.
Should You Apply for the BJ’s Perks Plus Mastercard?
Overall, the BJ’s Perks Plus® Mastercard® is a no-brainer for current BJ’s Inner Circle members who already rely on BJ’s for the majority of their household needs or those whose gas bills surpass $550 per year. The additional bonus reward categories on dining and non-BJ’s gas might be useful for those without a generic rewards card but will most likely prove to be a less rewarding option (stick to BJ’s purchases and gas stations). This is easily one of the most reward gas credit cards out there and likely won’t encroach on your current credit card lineup.