Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard®
Receive Up To $125 in Gift Certificates
- Receive $25 off of $100 Welcome Coupon when card arrives
- Earn a $25 gift certificate after spending $1,000 within the first 6 months
- Earn an additional $75 gift certificate after spending $6,000 within the first 6 months
- 6 months of special financing on Bed Bath & Beyond purchases between $250 - $499.99
- 12 months of special financing on Bed Bath & Beyond purchases of $500 or more
- 5% back on all purchases at Bed Bath & Beyond®
- 2% back on gas and groceries
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 17.99%, or 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Home is where the heart is and the Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® is a handy retail card that provides both cash rewards and special financing options for those who want to decorate and their space. Cardholders can enjoy special interest-free financing for up to 12 months, a signup bonus up to $100, and 5% back on their Bed Bath & Beyond purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- On average spend $200 at Bed Bath & Beyond on a regular basis
- Expect to make a large purchase at Bed Bath & Beyond of over $500
- Love home furnishings and don’t have a dedicated gas or grocery card
- Want a card with no annual fee
Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® Review
The Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® provides short-term and long-term benefits which both frequent customers and one-time, big ticket shoppers will be able to make use of. The card has no annual fee but the modest signup bonus and a high APR makes this card impractical for use as a primary credit card. Those who expect to make a large purchase from Bed Bath & Beyond in the near future would benefit the most from owning this card.
Although the card offers decent earning potential for a retail card, the biggest draw is the 6 and 12-month interest-free financing options for purchases of $250 or more. If you are a new homeowner furnishing your first house, a college student decking out their dorm, or have several weddings to attend and are looking for wedding gifts, the Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® would provide a lot of practical value. Purchases of $250 – $499 will receive 6 months of 0% APR financing, and purchases of $500 or more will receive a total of 12 months 0% APR financing.
New cardholders can immediately start enjoying discounts with a $25 off $100 Bed Bath, & Beyond coupon upon simply for having been approved – no purchase necessary. While most retail cards are most valuable for making purchases at the specific retailer, the Bed Bath, & Beyond credit card offers a less than remarkable incentive to use it elsewhere. If you can spend $1000 outside of the store within 6 months, you’ll receive a $25 gift card. Spend $6,000 in that time and you’ll earn an additional $75 gift certificate.
Earning & Redeeming Rewards
The Bed Bath & Beyond® Mastercard® offers 5% returns on all store purchases; 2% returns on gas and groceries, and 1% for everything else in the form of Rewards Dollars. Once the minimum of $10 Reward Dollars has been accumulated, these earnings can then be redeemed into cash savings at checkout, starting at $10 vouchers called Reward Certificates (Wondering how much you’d have to spend to earn enough Reward Dollars? It would take $200 to earn a $10 Reward Certificate with the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard). Rewards Dollars expire after five years, but this timeframe is so generous that only extremely inactive cardholders risk having earnings to waste.
How to Use the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard
Those interested in opening a Bed Bath & Beyond credit card for the special financing should wait to do so until their checkout total is at least $500. This financing offer is only available once, so add a few items to your cart if necessary, in order to take advantage of 6 additional interest-free months.
If you want to qualify for the signup bonus, the ideal way would be to use this card at gas stations and grocery stores – allowing you to capitalize on the second most rewarding spend category. If you already have a go-to card for either of those reward categories than you’ll probably want to pass on the signup bonus altogether. Because of the below-average redemption rate of the Bed Bath & Beyond rewards program, this card is very unattractive for use outside of purchases as this retailer.
Should I Apply for the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard?
The Bed Bath & Beyond credit card will give you a moderate return of 5% that will earn you the occasional voucher for discounts at checkout. You’ll need to spend $200 for the minimal reward amount of a $10 voucher, a pretty weak return even by retail card standards, so frequent shoppers will get the most value. Still, if you love shopping for the latest home tech, appliances, or décor, then you should have no trouble meeting that minimum.
If you frequent Bed Bath & Beyond but want the flexibility of cash back rewards, check out the Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card from Bank of America. Bed Bath & Beyond is categorized as a Home Furnishings Store, which is one of the card’s 3% cash back category options.