Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 8th, 2021
- Receive $20 for your first purchase outside Ann Taylor
- 5X points for Ann Taylor purchases
- 2X points for gas & groceries
- 1X points for everything else
- Free standard shipping on purchases of $75 or more
- 15% off first Tuesday of every month
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Ann Taylor Mastercard® has strong earning potential and host of cardholder perks making it one of the strongest retail cards out there. Earn 5X points per dollar at Ann Taylor, LOFT, Lou & Grey and 2X points at gas stations and grocery stores for no annual fee. Cardholders will enjoy a lowered free shipping minimum as well as 15% off at Ann Taylor once a month.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Shop at Ann Taylor, Loft, or Lou & Grey at least once every 3 months
- Want a lower shopping cart minimum to qualify for free shipping on AnnTaylor.com
- Can pay off your monthly bill in full
- Want a card with no annual fee
Ann Taylor Mastercard® Review
The Ann Taylor Mastercard® has no annual fee and offers two signup bonuses: earn $20 when you make a purchase outside of Ann Taylor (easily achievable, a plus for this card), and 15% off your first Ann Taylor purchase (slightly below average compared to the first-purchase discounts of retail cards). Earning rewards is straightforward and redeeming them is just as easy. For those who shop at Ann Taylor several times per year, they’ll find the Ann Taylor Mastercard® to be an easy way of increasing their savings at checkout.
Earning Ann Taylor Points
The primary strength of the Ann Taylor Credit card is that there are multiple ways cardholder can earn points in the highest rewards category. The card will earn 5X points for every dollar spent at Ann Taylor (in-store and online) and all other affiliated LOFT, essentially tripling the earning potential. Anne Taylor affiliated brands include:
- Ann Taylor Factory Store
- LOFT (in-store and online)
- LOFT Outlet
- Lou & Grey (in-store and online)
The Anne Taylor card also offers 2X points on gas and groceries, as well as 1X points for everything else. Could you use the Ann Taylor card as your primary gas and grocery rewards card? Yes, but it might only be beneficial for those whose credit scores can’t get them a more lucrative rewards card or who are comfortable trading cash back rewards for store-specific discounts. Typically, retail cards only provide value when they’re being used at the store of the cards’ namesake.
Redeeming Ann Taylor Points
Points have a single redemption option in the form of reward certificates up to $25 that are used towards the final price at checkout, with the minimal amount of points needed for redemption being 500 (a $5 reward) and the maximum number of rewards that can be used towards a single transaction being four. Unused points expire 12 months after they are earned, and reward certificates expire after 90 days.
Should You Apply for the Ann Taylor Mastercard?
Overall, the Ann Taylor Mastercard is a strong option for customers that shop at the retailer (and its affiliated stores) at least once every three months. Ann Taylor shoppers will find themselves earning points twice as fast as regular reward program members and frequently find themselves with $5 rewards. The added benefit of $50 in savings for free standard shipping on purchases over $75 (regularly a minimum of $125) and 15% Tuesday where they’ll get an extra discount om the first Tuesday of every month is the icing on the cake. While this last perk isn’t exclusively reserved for cardholders, the bonus double point days (which occur twice a year) will score Ann Taylor credit cardholders a whopping 10 points per dollar.
However, because of the high APR, only those who are certain that they can pay off their monthly balance in full should apply. If you’re interested in rewards for department stores but want the flexibility of cash back rewards and APR that’s a bit more.