Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 15th, 2021
Forever 21 Visa® Credit Card
20% Off Your First Purchase
- Free standard shipping on all orders
- 3X points on Forever 21 purchases
- 2X points on restaurants
- 1X point for all other purchases
- Earn a $5 Reward Certificate for every 300 points
- $10 birthday discount during your birthday month
- 21% off cardholder anniversary and on Forever 21's birthday
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
For the forever fashionable, the Forever 21 Visa® Credit Card offers a convenient way to earn discounts towards future purchases alongside exclusive ongoing cardholder perks such as free shipping, a $10 birthday discount, and 21% discount twice a year as an anniversary bonus.
Apply for This Card if You:
- Spend a minimum of $100 at Forever 21 within two years
- Make most of your Forever 21 purchases online
- Can pay your entire balance off every month
- Want a card with no annual fee
Forever 21 Visa® Credit Card Review
The Forever 21 Visa® Credit Card rewards loyal Forever 21 customers with exclusive discounts (on top of they’re already very affordable prices) as well as a handful of practical cardholder perks. The rewards themselves aren’t particularly remarkable, but those who shop here regularly will find the card convenient to have. Free shipping, a birthday discount, and anniversary bonus – and since the Forever 21 credit card has no annual fee, it’s easy to hold on to.
In terms of a signup bonus, the Forever 21 Visa® Credit Card is a bit disappointing and only offers a first purchase discount of 20% – not one single reward for using the card to make purchases outside of Forever 21. Cardholders should take a cue from the lack of incentive and strictly use this card for Forever 21 purchases. However, Forever 21 somewhat makes up for the underwhelming signup bonus with additional opportunities for savings throughout the year:
- $10 birthday discount ($25 minimum) valid during cardholder birthday month
- 21% off for cardholder anniversary and Forever 21’s birthday
Earning & Redeeming Forever 21 Points
When it comes to earning rewards, the Forever 21 Visa® has average earning potential compared to other retail credit cards. Cardholders will earn points in the following categories, while can then converted to cash rewards, called Reward Certificates, at 300-point intervals (worth $5):
- 3X points at Forever 21 both in-store or online
- 2X at restaurants
- 1X for everything else
Cardholders will have to spend $100 to earn $5 in Forever 21 reward certificates – a fairly average spend amount that’s not terrible, but not particularly attractive. Points expire 24 months (two years) from the month that they are issued, and reward certificates expire 60 days (two months) after being issued. Cardholders will need to keep an eye on their rewards as the certificates are automatically generated once the point minimum has been reached. There is no limit on how many reward certificates can be used – reward redemption being one area where the Forever 21 credit card shines.
Should You Apply for the Forever 21 Visa Credit Card?
Overall, considering the size and popularity of the trendy retail giant, one would have expected the Forever 21 credit to pack more of a punch. The benefits are just ‘okay’ and are more a nod of appreciation to loyal customers, rather than a generous lathering of exclusive perks and groundbreaking savings. Approval for the Forever 21 Visa® requires a surprisingly high credit card of 700 despite the retailer’s relatively young audience. As such, young applicants with limited credit history might have difficulty qualifying for the co-branded version of the Forever 21 card – the store card, however, is much more achievable as it only requires a score of 600. Additionally, the APR for the Forever 21 Visa® is on the higher end of the scale so cardholders who are unable to pay their monthly balance in full should steer clear of this card.