Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on February 9th, 2022
Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card
Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card
Spend. Earn. Repeat.
- Regular Purchase APR 20.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- $100 cash back when you spend $500 or more within 90 days of opening your account
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, a $100 cash back introductory bonus, and more for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a no-nonsense rewards credit card
- Prefer a basic rewards program with one redemption option
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card Review
The Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card is a no-fuss cash back rewards card from Comenity – one of the largest issuers of co-branded credit cards. Unlike those other offers, however, the Comenity® Mastercard® only carries the Comenity Bank name and rewards statement credits.
Introductory Cash Back Bonus
New Comenity Mastercard accounts enjoy a simple $100 cash back bonus after making just $500 in purchases with the card in the first 90 days of opening an account. The cash back bonus is paid as a stamen credit. This introductory bonus is exceptional but provides real value, and a very modest minimum spend – meaning it’s a reward users can actually achieve.
Earn 1.5% Cash Back on All Purchases
Beyond the introductory bonus, Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Cardholders earn 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases. There are no special categories or caps to the earning. Like the sign-up bonus, cash back rewards are redeemable as a statement credit.
While the lack of redemption options, such as gift cards, travel, or even direct deposits, is frustrating, it provides a streamlined rewards process that offers significant value for consumers who want a credit card that offers rewards to offset the statement balance Comenity Card does well.
Also keep in mind that Comenity may issue other versions of the Comenity® Mastercard® with additional spending categories that earn 2% back or more. These offers are typically offered through co-branding partners.
Competitive APR on Purchases
The card comes with a competitive APR on purchases. That rate, which is variable based on the applicant’s creditworthiness and the Prime Rate, starts around 18%, which isn’t exceptional – but is competitive with other basic cash back credit cards.
Comenity also allows cash advances and balance transfers with an eh card, but those transactions feature a fixed rate APR. The rate for cash advances is average, while the interest rate for balance transfers is considerably higher than the national average. Add to that a balance transfer fee of e ither $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater, and you have a card not suited for transfers except as a last case scenario.
The Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card also offers the benefits and protections that come from a Mastercard product. These features include:
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Mastercard emergency cash advance (ECA) and emergency card replacement (ECR) services
- Identity theft resolution services
Should You Apply for the Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card?
The Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card is about as no-nonsense a rewards credit card as you’ll find – and that isn’t a bad thing necessarily. The card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, an easy-to-achieve introductory bonus, and a competitive APR – all for no annual fee.
The basic redemption option with the card – statement credit – isn’t ideal but does provide value for those who want something to provide payment protection and ease of processing – and then want to use rewards to pay down the balance. In this role, the Comenity® Mastercard® Credit Card performs admirably.