Lexus Pursuits Visa®
Earn 5,000 Bonus Points After Spending $500
- 5X points at Lexus Dealerships
- 2X points on gas, dining, and entertainment
- 1X point everywhere else
- Flexible point redemption options
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 17.99%, 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Shop your way behind the luxurious wheel of a Lexus with the Lexus Pursuits Visa® credit card. Earn 5X points at Lexus dealerships; 2X points at gas stations, restaurants, and entertainment venues; and 1X everywhere else. Ideal for those who are in the market for a new Lexus or who regularly have their vehicle serviced or repaired at a Lexus dealership, use your earnings to reduce your costs at signup or to cover Lexus maintenance fees.
Apply for This Card if You:
- Are a loyal Lexus customer and want to accumulate savings towards your next vehicle
- Take your Lexus to a dealership for service or repairs
- Want rewards for entertainment (includes sporting events, amusement parks, carnivals, aquariums, museums, music events, movie theaters, and more)
- Want a card with no annual fee
Lexus Pursuits Visa Review
The Lexus Pursuits Visa® is one of two auto credit cards offered by Comenity. It gives cardholders the power to earn points towards the purchase or lease of a new Lexus, services or repairs at the dealership, accessories, or non-vehicle related rewards like gift cards or travel. While there are sadly no cardmember benefits such as exclusive savings, this card might offer decent returns for current Lexus vehicle owners.
The card has no annual fee but unfortunately does not provide an introductory APR – so don’t open this card with the expectation of charging your downpayment. Still, the card is unique in that it offers bonuses in a wide range of entertainment categories and would be easy to fit in your current lineup of credit cards.
Maximizing Your Earnings
New cardholders can earn a signup bonus of 5,000 bonus points after spending $500 outside of a Lexus dealership within the first 90 days – a below-average signup bonus worth $50, but one that is easily achievable. To maximize your returns while meeting the introductory offer, focus on the card’s second-highest rewards category, where purchases as gas stations, dining establishments, and entertainment venues will net 2X points per dollar. Afterward, Lexus purchases will yield the largest returns of 5X points for purchases made online, through the catalog, or in-person at a Lexus dealership.
Redeeming Lexus Pursuits Points
Lexus Pursuits Visa® points have the highest value of $0.01 when redeemed directly with the dealership, and although redemption options are somewhat limited, they can contribute to significant savings on your next vehicle. Points can be applied towards the amount due at signing for the lease or purchase of a Lexus at the dealership. Although points can be redeemed for travel, restrictions and fine print make this an unrecommended redemption option – stick to putting points towards your vehicle-related needs.
Another strength of the Lexus Pursuits Visa card is that there is no limit on earning and points don’t expire. Regular use of this card could result in a substantial amount of points – although, low individual point values do leave some things to be desired. In order to earn $100 worth of points, cardholders would have to spend:
- $2,000 at Toyota dealerships or
- $5,000 on gas, dining, and entertainment or
- $10,000 on anything else
Should You Apply for the Lexus Pursuits Visa?
Since there is no annual fee, loyal Lexus customers might find it beneficial to own this card simply to fund their Lexus-related purchases and accumulate rewards to use towards future services. Those who anticipate owning a new Lexus within a few years could easily take advantage of the 2X rewards on gas, dining, and entertainment to boost their earning power to reduce the overall amount due at signup. While returns may not be as high as those from a more generic cash back credit card (or as flexible), the Lexus Pursuits Visa® guarantees that you’ll have less money due when it’s time to sign your name on the dotted line.
Should you put your go-to rewards credit card away and use the Lexus Pursuits Visa® instead? With most co-branded credit cards the answer will be “no”, but the unique 2X points on entertainment might allow you to fill a niche in your wallet from date nights, family outings, or nights on the town. Otherwise, you’ll want to stick with using this card primarily for Lexus-related purchases.
Overall, the Lexus Pursuits Visa® is a solid automobile credit card that current Lexus customers will be able to find value in year after year. Earning potential is surprisingly well-rounded, and if you’re looking for savings at the Lexus dealership, this card is the way to go.