Last updated on February 21st, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard®
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard®
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® is an enticing auto rewards credit card that rewards Jeep fans with up to $1,000 in bonuses and 5% back in points on purchases. Earn points on everyday purchases and apply those towards parts, services, or buying a new Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat (at participating FCA US dealerships).
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You're buying a Jeep within 12 months
- You will spend at least $7,500 within 12 months
- You want to earn 5% cash back on qualifying purchases at FCA dealerships
- You want 0% APR for six billing cycles on select FCA U.S. dealership purchases
- You will spend $100 at an FCA US dealership within the first 30 days
- You don’t mind paying a foreign transaction fee
- You frequently have your vehicle serviced at an FCA U.S. dealership
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
The Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® is a rewarding auto credit card for those who want to buy a Jeep. It provides both short-term and long-term value for cardholders by offering an easy signup bonus, multiple point-earning capabilities, a special 0% interest APR for purchases at the dealership, as well as a year-end $1,000 bonus.
While it isn’t well-rounded enough to be used as an everyday card, it has no annual fee and would be a strong addition to any Jeep-lover’s wallet for vehicle-related purchases.
If you already own a Jeep but have some overdue maintenance, taking care of it after opening the Jeep Card is a great time to do so. Want more incentive? Every single purchase at the FCA US dealership of $499 or more qualifies for the 6 months of special 0% interest financing. You’ll always have plenty of breathing room to pay for maintenance and upkeep of your ride, and you can rest assured that you’ll always be able to keep your Jeep in tip-top shape.
FCA Bonus Offers
The Jeep DrivePlus credit card comes with two bonus offers. First, you can earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $100 in FCA US purchases in your first billing cycle after the account is opened. That sign-up bonus isn’t massive, but it is lucrative thanks to its low spending threshold.
The second offer is a $1,000 bonus certificate. This bonus certificate is worth $1,000 toward your next FCA US vehicle after spending $7,500 on the card in your first year. (model restrictions apply).
While not a welcome offer, the card also offers the DrivePlus Mastercard a 0% introductory APR on eligible FCA purchases of $499. After that, you can expect a variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
How to Earn Rewards
When it comes to everyday spending, Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® owners will earn 5% back in points on purchases at the dealership (including parts or the purchase of a vehicle); 2% back on gas and travel; and 1% back on everything else. Here are the 2% back categories:
|Local public transportation services, including ferries||Tours, charters, and busses||Timeshares||Tolls|
|Passenger trains||Cruise lines||Airlines||Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations|
|Taxis and limousines||Car rental companies||Travel agencies and tour operators|
Cardholders can also earn bonus points by shopping at certain retailers through First Bankcard’s website.
If you intend on buying a Jeep in a year – this is a great opportunity and an acceptable reason to use the Jeep DrivePlus Mastercard as your primary credit card for a short while. If you’re not in the market for a new vehicle, feel free to skip out on this offer and stick to only using this card at the FCA US dealership.
Redeeming Jeep DrivePlus Points
Points with the DrivePlus Mastercard are redeemable for cash back (as an ACH transfer to your checking or savings account), travel, or gift cards at a $0.01 value per point. This valuation is equivalent to 1% cash back on a credit card.
You can redeem points by logging into your card account and selecting your preferred redemption options. You can also use points for partial payment, with the rest going on to the FCA DrivePlus Mastercard account. Rewards expire seven (7) years after they are awarded.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When NOT Redeemed at Dealership|
Unfortunately, even a high spend will net negligible cash value, so this card is not the most effective for providing cash back in the short term. Instead, this card is better for accumulating points over the years in order to make a significant contribution towards a big-ticket purchase at the dealership. Points expire every 7 years which is plenty of time to accrue a lump sum of points.
Auto Rewards Card Comparisons
Here’s how the DrivePlus cards compares to two competitors:
My GM Rewards Card™
Toyota Rewards Visa®
|Earn up to 7X points on GM purchases, including service, parts, and accessories at participating dealerships, and 4X points on eligible purchases outside of GM||Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases||Earn 3X points at Toyota dealerships, 2X on gas, dining, and entertainment, and 1X on all other purchases|
|15,000 points and 0% intro APR offer||$100 back after spending $1,000 in first 90 days||N/A|
Should You Apply for the Jeep DrivePlus Mastercard?
Overall, any car, truck or SUV owner that frequently takes their car to the FCA US dealership will benefit from having this no annual fee auto card.
The card’s special financing feature is it’s strongest ongoing perk, making it a great option for current Jeep owners (especially older models that need a bit more TLC). If you are seriously considering purchasing a Jeep within the next year, that $1,000 bonus for spending $7,500 is a fantastic return that a standard cash back rewards card would be hard-pressed to match (that’s a 13% bonus right there).
If your car is still under warranty and you don’t need to pay for anything out-of-pocket just yet, a more generic cash back card may provide more immediate benefits.