Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 19th, 2021
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard®
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard®
$1,000 Bonus Certificate Towards Next FCA Vehicle Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® is an enticing auto rewards credit card that rewards Jeep fans with up to $1,000 in bonuses and 5% back in points on purchases. Earn points on everyday purchases and apply those towards parts, services, or buying a new Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat (at participating FCA US dealerships)
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are buying a Jeep within 12 months
- Will spend at least $7,500 within 12 months
- Want to earn 5% cash back on qualifying purchases at FCA dealerships
- Want 0% APR for six billing cycles on select FCA US dealership purchases
- Will spend $100 at an FCA US dealership within the first 30 days
- Don’t mind paying a foreign transaction fee
- Frequently have their vehicle serviced at an FCA US dealership
Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
The Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® is a rewarding auto credit card for those who want to buy a Jeep. It provides both short-term and long-term value for cardholders by offering an easy signup bonus, multiple point-earning capabilities, a special 0% interest APR for purchases at the dealership, as well as a year-end $1,000 bonus.
While it isn’t well-rounded enough to be used as an everyday card, it has no annual fee and would be a strong addition to any Jeep-lover’s wallet for vehicle-related purchases.
If you already own a Jeep but have some overdue maintenance, taking care of it after opening the Jeep Card is a great time to do so. Want more incentive? Every single purchase at the FCA US dealership of $499 or more qualifies for the 6 months of special 0% interest financing. You’ll always have plenty of breathing room to pay for maintenance and upkeep of your ride, and you can rest assured that you’ll always be able to keep your Jeep in tip-top shape.
Earning Jeep DrivePlus Rewards
If you frequently turn to your local FCA US dealership for parts or service, you’ll have no trouble cashing in on the card’s signup bonus and prime rewards category. To start, you’ll earn a $100 statement credit for spending $100 at a dealership within the first 30 days of opening your card. Straightforward and simple.
When it comes to everyday spending, Jeep® DrivePlus Mastercard® owners will earn 5% back in points on purchases at the dealership (including parts or the purchase of a vehicle); 2% back on gas and travel; and 1% back on everything else. The redemption rates aren’t particularly competitive so don’t retire your go-to gas card or travel card just yet. Jeep cardholders will see find dealership purchases to be the most worthwhile purchase area.
However, there is some incentive to dip into the gas and travel categories in case it will help you meet the $7,500 spending minimum for a sweet end-of-the-year bonus. Doing so will net cardholders with a $1,000 certificate towards the purchase or lease of an eligible vehicle from the FCA US dealership (including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram – valid for 12 months).
If you intend on buying a Jeep in a year – this is a great opportunity and an acceptable reason to use the Jeep DrivePlus Mastercard as your primary credit card for a short while. If you’re not in the market for a new vehicle, feel free to skip out on this offer and stick to only using this card at the FCA US dealership.
Redeeming Jeep DrivePlus Points
Points can be redeemed for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a $0.01 value. To get the most bang for your buck, redeem points at the dealership at double the value on accessories, services, or the purchase of a brand-new vehicle.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (5%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When NOT Redeemed at Dealership|
Unfortunately, even a high spend will net negligible cash value, so this card is not the most effective for providing cash back in the short term. Instead, this card is better for accumulating points over the years in order to make a significant contribution towards a big-ticket purchase at the dealership. Points expire every 7 years which is plenty of time to accrue a lump sum of points.
Should You Apply for the Jeep DrivePlus Mastercard?
Overall, any car, truck or SUV owner that frequently takes their car to the FCA US dealership will benefit from having this no annual fee auto card.
The card’s special financing feature is it’s strongest ongoing perk, making it a great option for current Jeep owners (especially older models that need a bit more TLC). If you are seriously considering purchasing a Jeep within the next year, that $1,000 bonus for spending $7,500 is a fantastic return that a standard cash back rewards card would be hard-pressed to match (that’s a 13% bonus right there).
If your car is still under warranty and you don’t need to pay for anything out-of-pocket just yet, a more generic cash back card may provide more immediate benefits.