Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 19th, 2021
Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard®
Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard®
Up to 5% Back in Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard® is a perks-friendly co-branded auto rewards card made for owners of Chrysler cars. Offering appealing introductory promotions as well as continuous rewards, it’s an easy contender for the title of daily credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a Chrysler vehicle
- Frequently make vehicle-related purchases
- Regularly make FCA US dealership purchases (FIAT, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT)
- Plan to make daily purchases with your credit card
- Want special financing on select Chrysler and FCA dealership purchases of $499+ (on qualifying purchases for six billing cycles)
Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
Once you become a Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard® cardholder, you’ll automatically receive a $100 statement credit just for making your first purchase. What’s more, you’ll be rewarded with a $1,000 bonus certificate if your purchases for the first year of being a cardmember total at least $7,500.
How to Earn Cash Back with the Chrysler DrivePlus Card from First Bankcard
Earning rewards with the card is easy. Cardholders get 5% back at the dealership when they use their Chrysler Card, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on every other purchase made with their Dodge Ram credit card.
Getting 5% back at FCA dealerships might sound enticing, but take it with an ever-so-slight pinch of salt. Rewards can only be earned on eligible net purchases, meaning you won’t receive 5% on the taxes or fees. Additionally, don’t expect to receive anything on the following dealership related spends:
- Credits for returned merchandise
- Annual fees
- Finance charges
- Cash advances or other account fees
Gas Station Purchases
As with other auto rewards credit cards, gas station purchases have a set definition, meaning you can only earn 2% back on purchases that full under the merchant categories of service stations or automated fuel dispensers. While most gas stations and service stations fall under these categories, always be careful to check – just in case.
As with gas station purchases, travel purchases with the Firstbank Chrysler Credit Card fit into set categories. These categories include:
- Local public transportation services, including ferries
- Passenger trains
- Taxis and limousines
- Tours, charters, and busses
- Cruise lines
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations
- Car rental companies
As you can see, with FCA DrivePlus Mastercard offerings it’s effortless to quickly rack up impressive cash back on travel and gas purchases. This earning power makes the card an excellent choice for anyone who frequently travels, as almost every purchase on the road gets you rewards.
Redeeming DrivePlus Rewards
Points can be redeemed for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a $0.01 value. To get the most bang for your buck, redeem points at the dealership at double the value on accessories, services, or the purchase of a brand-new vehicle.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (5%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When Not Redeemed at Dealership|
Other Card Features
Since vehicle expenses can often get pricy, using the Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard® can help prevent some wear and tear on your wallet. The card offers introductory 0% APR financing on purchases of at least $499 made at FCA US dealerships, so expensive replacement parts, or even a new vehicle, can be accommodated with such a benefit when bought at an FCA dealership.
Should You Apply for the Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard?
The DrivePlus Cards from First Bankcard are solid cash back gas and auto rewards credit card for those who love to travel as much as they love working on their car, truck, SUV, or whatever else they drive. The Chrysler DrivePlus Mastercard is no different.
Earning 5% back on parts, services, or other products at the dealership is boosted by the ability to receive an exclusive 0% intro APR for six months when purchases exceed $500. Not only that, but gas station purchases and travel costs also earn 2% back, meaning this card has some serious bite – both at home and on the road.