Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard®
6 Months of 0% Financing for Eligible Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for the first 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard is a co-branded cash back credit card from Dodge and First National Bank of Omaha The card, an auto rewards credit card, gives loyal Dodge vehicle owners the chance to earn a $1,000 bonus certificate, a $100 statement credit, and up to 5% back in points on purchases. Points can be redeemed for cash back, gift cards and travel or for parts, vehicle maintenance services, and the purchase or lease of a new vehicle.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are planning to buy a Dodge within 12 months
- Will spend at least $7,500 within 12 months
- Plan on making a $100 purchase at an FCA US dealership within the first 30 days
- Prefer FCA vehicles (including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat)
Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard Review
The Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard® is an auto rewards card for those who already have Dodge or plan on purchasing a new Dodge vehicle within the year. The card provides both short-term and long-term value for cardholders but has below-average point redemption value which makes the card’s usability very one-sided. Aside from that, the Dodge card offers an easily achievable signup bonus, bonus rewards for gas and travel, special 0% interest APR for dealership transactions, as well as a year-end $1000 bonus. The Dodge credit card has no annual fee and would be a huge benefit for anyone who intends on purchasing a new Dodge vehicle in the near future.
Earning Dodge Drive Plus Credit Card Rewards
Dodge Mastercard owners will earn 5% back in points on purchases at the dealership (including parts or the purchase of a vehicle); 2% back on gas and travel; and 1% back on everything else. Dealership purchases to be the most worthwhile purchase area so if you go to a private mechanic or typically buy your vehicles from thrid party dealerships, you’ll probably find it difficult to see any real value from this card. On the other hand, Dodge owners that rely on their dealership – either for repairs or for purchases – will find their accounts with a healthy influx of points.
There are certainly more lucrative cards for gas and travel purchases, but the card offers one compelling incentive to use this card instead of those (at least for a limited time). Cardholders that spend $7,500 in the first year of owning the card will receive bonus $1,000 certificate towards the purchase or lease of an eligible vehicle from the FCA US dealership (valid for 12 months).
If you intend on buying a Dodge within a year of opening the card, that alone is a great reason to have the card and make it your primary one. Once you’ve reached that $7,500 spend requirement, keep that card in your wallet until it comes time to use it at the dealership.
Redeeming Dodge DrivePlus Rewards
Points can be redeemed for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a $0.01 value. To get the most bang for your buck, redeem points at the dealership at double the value on accessories, services, or the purchase of a brand-new vehicle.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (5%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When Not Redeemed at Dealership|
Unfortunately, even a high spend will net negligible cash value, so this card is not the most effective for providing cash back in the short term. Instead, this card is better for accumulating points over the years in order to make a significant contribution towards a big-ticket purchase at the dealership. Points expire every 7 years which is plenty of time to accrue a lump sum of points.
Special Dodge Credit Card Bonuses
With the DodgeCard, you don’t just earn rewards for everyday purchases – you also earn rewards after meeting a minimum spend after you first get your Dodge Credit Card. Apply, and when approved, you’ll receive a $100 statement credit when you use your new card to make at least $100 in FCA dealership purchases within the first billing cycle. That means all you must do is make one dealership purchase – like some new spark plus, or an oil filter – and you’ll earn $100 back.
New accounts also receive a $1,000 bonus certificate when they use their DodgeCard to make at least $7,500 in purchases within the first year. This bonus only applies to the purchase of a new FCA US vehicle.
As with other FCA credit cards, such as the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard, new accounts also get an exclusive 0% intro APR for six billing cycles when they use their card to make dealer purchases of $499 or more., meaning every eligible dealer purchase not only earns 5% back but also qualifies for six months of interest free payments.
Should You Apply for the Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard?
The Dodge Credit Card from First Bankcard is a solid cash back gas and auto rewards credit card for those who love to travel as much as they love working on their car, truck, SUV, or whatever else they drive.
Earning 5% back on parts, services, or other products at the dealership is boosted by the ability to receive an exclusive 0% intro APR for six months when purchases exceed $500. Not only that, but gas station purchases and travel costs also earn 2% back, meaning this card has some serious bite – both at home and on the road.
While the options for redeeming Dodge Credit Card points are exceptional, for those who want to save towards a new vehicle – or just want to get some money off much-needed parts for their beloved ride, the Dodge Card is an excellent option to consider.