Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 1st, 2021
Ram DrivePlus Mastercard®
$100 Statement Credit with Initial In-Dealer Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is a co-branded auto rewards and cash back credit card from Dodge and First Bankcard, the credit card division of First National Bank of Omaha. The card is a versatile tool for those who love to work on their vehicle and travel, as it earns 5% cash back at any FCA US dealership in the United States, plus 2% back on gas and travel purchases.
Travel categories include airfare, local transport, tolls, hotels, car rentals, and more. Every other purchase with the card earns 1% back. Rewards are applicable towards cash back statement credits or for parts, products, services, or towards the purchase or lease of a new or used FCA vehicle. There is no annual fee with the Dodge Ram Credit Card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love to work on their vehicle and want to earn rewards towards free parts
- Love to travel and want to apply their rewards towards a new vehicle
- Prefer FCA vehicles (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat)
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Ram DrivePlus Mastercard Review
The Dodge Ram Mastercard is a versatile auto and gas rewards credit card for those who love to travel and want to earn rewards towards a new vehicle.
How to Earn Cash Back with the Dodge Ram Mastercard from First Bankcard
Earning cash back with the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is easy. Cardholders get 5% back at the dealership when they use their DodgeCard, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on every other purchase made with their Dodge Ram credit card.
Getting 5% back at Dodge dealerships might sound enticing, but take it with an ever-so-slight pinch of salt. Rewards can only be earned on eligible net purchases, meaning you won’t receive 5% on the taxes or fees. Additionally, don’t expect to receive anything on the following dealership related spends:
- Credits for returned merchandise
- Annual fees
- Finance charges
- Cash advances or other account fees
Gas Station Purchases
As with other auto rewards credit cards, gas station purchases have a set definition, meaning you can only earn 2% back on purchases that full under the merchant categories of service stations or automated fuel dispensers. While most gas stations and service stations fall under these categories, always be careful to check – just in case.
As with gas station purchases, travel purchases with the Firstbank Ram Credit Card fit into set categories. These categories include:
- Local public transportation services, including ferries
- Passenger trains
- Taxis and limousines
- Tours, charters, and busses
- Cruise lines
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations
- Car rental companies
As you can see, with FCA DrivePlus Mastercard offerings, such as the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard, it’s effortless to quickly rack up impressive cash back on travel and gas purchases. This earning power makes the card an excellent choice for anyone who frequently travels, as almost every purchase on the road gets you rewards.
How to Redeem Ram Credit Card Rewards
Redeeming Ram Credit Card rewards is just as easy as earning them. Ram Credit Card points are applicable towards cash back or for discounts at Dodge and Ram dealerships. Reward points apply towards parts, services, or towards the purchase or lease of a new or used vehicle at participating FCA dealerships, including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat.
Points can also apply towards cash back rewards, with the cash back taking the form of a statement credit. Cash rewards only come in $25, $50. $100, $250, and $1,000 intervals. It’s also worth noting that while cash back is applied as a statement credit, any Ram Credit Card payment already due must also be paid – the statement credit will not cover that cost.
Special Dodge Credit Card Bonuses
Any good rewards credit card comes with sign-up bonuses – and the Dodge Ram Card is no different. New accounts receive a $100 statement credit when they use their card to make at least $100 in FCA US purchases within the first billing cycle. That means all you must do is make one dealership purchase – like getting a new air filter – and you’ll earn $100 back – not bad!
New cardholders also receive a $1,000 bonus certificate when they use their card to make at least $7,500 in purchases within the first year. This bonus only applies to a new FCA vehicle (Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, or Ram).
Finally, cardholders receive an exclusive 0% intro APR for six billing cycles when they use their Ram Credit Card to make purchases of $499 or more at participating FCA dealerships. That means that everywhere you use your card to make a purchase of $500 or more at your local dealership, not only do you earn 5% back, but you’ll also have an extra six months to pay off the purchase without fear of any added interest payments!
Should You Apply for the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard from First Bankcard?
Auto rewards credit cards offer decent value for anyone looking to save up for a new vehicle, and this Dodge Ram Credit Card is no different. If you are a fan of the Dodge Ram, travel often, and want to earn rewards towards statement credits or a new truck, this is the credit card for you.
The Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is a Ram Truck credit card that earns 2% back with practically every travel purchase. Use the card to book a hotel? Pay for your flights? Rent a car? All of these will get you 2% cash back. Not only that, but you’ll also get 2% back at gas stations.
The card is also a great tool for those who love working on their Ram truck. Receiving 5% back on parts and services is a great way to make the most of your existing ride while saving up for your next vehicle. Or, perhaps you plan to keep your Ram, and simply want to earn points towards a new suspension, body kit, or even an engine – no matter what your goal, the Ram Dodge Mastercard is a credit card that offers precisely what you seek.