Last updated on February 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Ram DrivePlus Mastercard®
Ram DrivePlus Mastercard®
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is a co-branded auto rewards and cash back credit card from Dodge and First Bankcard, the credit card division of First National Bank of Omaha. The card is a versatile tool for those who love to work on their vehicle and travel, as it earns 5% cash back at any FCA US dealership in the United States, plus 2% back on gas and travel purchases.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- Redeem rewards for double the value at FCA US dealerships
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You love to work on your vehicle and want to earn rewards towards free parts
- You love to travel and want to apply your rewards towards a new vehicle
- You prefer FCA vehicles (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat)
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Ram DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
The Dodge Ram Mastercard is a versatile auto and gas rewards credit card for those who love to travel and want to earn rewards towards a new vehicle.
The Ram DrivePlus credit card comes with two bonus offers. First, you can earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $100 in FCA US purchases in your first billing cycle after the account is opened. That sign-up bonus isn’t massive, but it is lucrative thanks to its low spending threshold.
The second offer is a $1,000 bonus certificate. This bonus certificate is worth $1,000 toward your next FCA US vehicle after spending $7,500 on the card in your first year. (model restrictions apply).
While not a welcome offer, the card also offers the DrivePlus Mastercard a 0% introductory APR on eligible FCA purchases of $499. After that, you can expect a variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
How to Earn Cash Back with the Dodge Ram Mastercard from First Bankcard
Earning cash back with the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is easy. Cardholders get 5% back at the dealership when they use their DodgeCard, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on every other purchase made with their Dodge Ram credit card. Here are the bonus categories in which cardholders earn 2% back on:
|Local public transportation services, including ferries||Tours, charters, and busses||Timeshares||Tolls|
|Passenger trains||Cruise lines||Airlines||Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations|
|Taxis and limousines||Car rental companies||Travel agencies and tour operators|
As you can see, with FCA DrivePlus Mastercard offerings, such as the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard, it’s effortless to quickly rack up impressive cash back on travel and gas purchases. This earning power makes the card an excellent choice for anyone who frequently travels, as almost every purchase on the road gets you rewards.
Rewards can only be earned on eligible net purchases, meaning you won’t receive cash back rewards on the taxes or fees. Additionally, don’t expect to receive anything on the following dealership related spends:
- Credits for returned merchandise
- Annual fees
- Finance charges
- Cash advances or other account fees
How to Redeem Ram Credit Card Rewards
Redeeming Ram Credit Card rewards is just as easy as earning them. Ram Credit Card points are applicable towards cash back or for discounts at Dodge and Ram dealerships. Reward points apply towards parts, services, or towards the purchase or lease of a new or used vehicle at participating FCA dealerships, including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat.
Points can also apply towards cash back rewards, with the cash back taking the form of a statement credit. Cash rewards only come in $25, $50. $100, $250, and $1,000 intervals. It’s also worth noting that while cash back is applied as a statement credit, any Ram Credit Card payment already due must also be paid – the statement credit will not cover that cost.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When NOT Redeemed at Dealership|
Auto Rewards Card Comparisons
Here’s how the DrivePlus cards compares to two competitors:
My GM Rewards Card™
Toyota Rewards Visa®
|Earn up to 7X points on GM purchases, including service, parts, and accessories at participating dealerships, and 4X points on eligible purchases outside of GM||Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases||Earn 3X points at Toyota dealerships, 2X on gas, dining, and entertainment, and 1X on all other purchases|
|15,000 points and 0% intro APR offer||$100 back after spending $1,000 in first 90 days||N/A|
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the DrivePlus FCA Mastercard from First Bankcard include an EMV chip enable card, digital wallet compatibility, and Mastercard protections. Mastercard provides the following:
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Should You Apply for the Ram DrivePlus Mastercard from First Bankcard?
Auto rewards credit cards offer decent value for anyone looking to save up for a new vehicle, and this Dodge Ram Credit Card is no different. If you are a fan of the Dodge Ram, travel often, and want to earn rewards towards statement credits or a new truck, this is the credit card for you.
The Ram DrivePlus Mastercard is a Ram Truck credit card that earns 2% back with practically every travel purchase. Use the card to book a hotel? Pay for your flights? Rent a car? All of these will get you 2% cash back. Not only that, but you’ll also get 2% back at gas stations.
The card is also a great tool for those who love working on their Ram truck. Receiving 5% back on parts and services is a great way to make the most of your existing ride while saving up for your next vehicle. Or, perhaps you plan to keep your Ram, and simply want to earn points towards a new suspension, body kit, or even an engine – no matter what your goal, the Ram Dodge Mastercard is a credit card that offers precisely what you seek.