Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 19th, 2021
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard®
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard®
Up to 5% Back in Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- $100 statement credit when you spend $499 in FCA US purchases in your first billing cycle after the account is opened
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® is a rewards-heavy auto rewards credit card for shoppers of all things Mopar. With enticing introductory offers as well as continuous rewards, it’s an easy contender for the title of daily credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own an FCA vehicle (FIAT, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT)
- Frequently make Mopar products purchases
- Plan to make daily purchases with your credit card
- Regularly make purchases at US FCA dealerships
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
Opening a Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® instantly rewards you, giving you a $100 statement credit after making your first purchase. And if your total purchases for the year reach at least $7,500, you’ll also receive a $1,000 bonus certificate which can go towards large replacement parts or even a new vehicle. Even after the introductory promotions are reaped, the Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® makes itself useful in the long haul.
How to Earn Rewards
Paying with the card earns 5% back on US FCA dealership purchases like merchandise and vehicle service, 2% on gas and travel, and 1% on all other spending. Earned cash back can be redeemed for such rewards as charity donations, travel bookings, or simply cash back.
The travel categories with the Mopar Card are fairly expansive, with cardholders earning 2% back on:
- Local public transportation services, including ferries
- Passenger trains
- Taxis and limousines
- Tours, charters, and busses
- Cruise lines
- Car rental companies
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations
How to Redeem
Redeeming rewards is just as easy as earning them. Points are applicable to select FCA US dealership purchases. Reward points apply towards parts, services, or towards the purchase or lease of a new or used vehicle at participating FCA US dealerships, including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat.
Points can also apply towards cash back rewards, with the cash back taking the form of a statement credit. Cash rewards only come in $25, $50. $100, $250, and $1,000 intervals. It’s also worth noting that while cash back is applied as a statement credit, any Mopar Card payment already due must also be paid – the statement credit will not cover that cost.
The card also offers special financing for six billing cycles on FCA dealership purchases of $499 or more made at FCA US dealerships. Since vehicle-related purchases trend towards the expensive end of the scale, this is a welcome feature for customers who need to pay off their balances in multiple installments.
Should You Apply for the Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard®?
Overall, the Mopar DrivePlus Mastercard is a versatile cash back gas and auto rewards credit card for those who love to travel as much as they love working on their car, truck, SUV, or whatever else they drive.
The ability to earn 5% back on parts, services, or other products at the dealership is boosted by the ability to receive an exclusive 0% intro APR for six months when purchases over $499. Not only that, but gas station purchases and travel costs also earn 2% back, meaning this card has some serious bite – both at home and on the road.