Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard®
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard®
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® is a rewards-heavy auto rewards credit card for shoppers of all things Mopar. With enticing introductory offers as well as continuous rewards, it’s an easy contender for the title of daily credit card.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- $100 statement credit when you spend $499 in FCA US purchases in your first billing cycle after the account is opened
- 0% APR special financing for 6 billing cycles on every FCA US dealership purchase of $499 or more
- When you spend $7,500 in your first year you will receive $1,000 Bonus Certificate towards the purchase of your next FCA vehicle.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from the transaction date for eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You own an FCA vehicle (FIAT, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT)
- You frequently make Mopar products purchases
- You plan to make daily purchases with your credit card
- You regularly make purchases at US FCA dealerships
Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® Review
Opening a Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® instantly rewards you, giving you lucrative bonus offers for meeting spending minimums. Even after the introductory promotions are reaped, the Mopar® DrivePlus Mastercard® makes itself useful in the long haul.
The Mopar DrivePlus credit card features two bonus offers. First, you can earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $100 in FCA US purchases in your first billing cycle after the account is opened. That sign-up bonus isn’t massive, but it is lucrative thanks to its low spending threshold.
The second offer is a $1,000 bonus certificate. This bonus certificate is worth $1,000 toward your next FCA US vehicle after spending $7,500 on the card in your first year. (model restrictions apply).
While not a welcome offer, the card also offers the Mopar DrivePlus Mastercard a 0% introductory APR on eligible FCA purchases of $499. After that, you can expect a variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
How to Earn Rewards
Every time you use your DrivePlus Mastercard, you’ll earn rewards points. The number of points you earn will depend on the type of purchase you make. The Fiat DrivePlus Mastercard earns its best rewards on eligible FCA dealerships in the United States.
Cardholders earn 5% back in points on purchases at the dealership (vehicle service, merchandise purchase, etc.). Members also earn 2% back in reward points on gas and travel purchases and 1% back on all other purchases. Cardholders can also earn bonus points by shopping at certain retailers through First Bankcard’s website.
The travel categories with the Mopar Card are fairly expansive, with cardholders earning 2% back on:
|Local public transportation services, including ferries||Tours, charters, and busses||Timeshares||Tolls|
|Passenger trains||Cruise lines||Airlines||Lodging, including hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other similar locations|
|Taxis and limousines||Car rental companies||Travel agencies and tour operators|
How to Redeem DrivePlus Rewards
Redeeming rewards is just as easy as earning them. Points are applicable to select FCA US dealership purchases. Reward points apply towards parts, services, or towards the purchase or lease of a new or used vehicle at participating FCA US dealerships, including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, or Fiat.
Points can also apply towards cash back rewards, with the cash back taking the form of a statement credit. Cash rewards only come in $25, $50. $100, $250, and $1,000 intervals. It’s also worth noting that while cash back is applied as a statement credit, any Mopar Card payment already due must also be paid – the statement credit will not cover that cost.
|Amount Spent (at Dealership)||Points Earned (%)||Point Value when Redeemed at Dealership||Point Value When NOT Redeemed at Dealership|
Auto Rewards Card Comparisons
Here’s how the DrivePlus cards compares to two competitors:
My GM Rewards Card™
Toyota Rewards Visa®
|Earn up to 7X points on GM purchases, including service, parts, and accessories at participating dealerships, and 4X points on eligible purchases outside of GM||Earn 5% back on FCA US purchases, 2% back on gas and travel purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases||Earn 3X points at Toyota dealerships, 2X on gas, dining, and entertainment, and 1X on all other purchases|
|15,000 points and 0% intro APR offer||$100 back after spending $1,000 in first 90 days||N/A|
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the DrivePlus FCA Mastercard from First Bankcard include an EMV chip enable card, digital wallet compatibility, and Mastercard protections. Mastercard provides the following:
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Should You Apply for the Fiat DrivePlus Mastercard?
The Fiat DrivePlus Credit Card from First Bankcard is a solid cash back gas and auto rewards credit card for those who love to travel as much as they love working on their Fiat 500.
Earning 5% back on parts, services, or other products at the dealership is boosted by receiving an exclusive 0% intro APR for six months when purchases exceed $500. Not only that, but gas station purchases, and travel costs also earn 2% back, meaning this card has some serious bite – both at home and on the road.
While the options for redeeming DrivePlus points are exceptional, for those who want to save towards a new vehicle – or just want to get some money off much-needed parts for their beloved ride, the card is an excellent option to consider.