Last updated on July 3rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Orbitz Rewards® Visa®
Orbitz Rewards® Visa®
- 15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 9% back on hotel bookings through the Orbitz app
- 8% back on hotel bookings on desktop
- 7% back at qualifying restaurants in the Orbitz Rewards Dining program
- 6% back on all flights through Orbitz
- 2% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fee
- Earnings never expire
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
Orbitz Rewards Visa Review
The Orbitz Rewards® Visa® is quite a compelling travel credit card for those who don’t want to be tied to one particular airline or hotel chain. Offering up to 10% back on Orbitz bookings, travelers can earn Orbitz Orbucks to use towards booking a hotel stay with the 350,000+ hotels in their network. There is no annual fee or foreign transaction fee, making the Orbitz Rewards® Visa® a fantastic travel card for casual sightseers, family vacationers, or business travelers.
The greatest draw of the Orbit credit card is the incredible value of earnings: 1 Orbucks = $1 USD. Practically as valuable as cash back, Orbucks can be used to pay for all or part of a hotel booking. No confusing redemption tiers or minimums to meet here! If you’d rather hold on to your earnings to redeem for a big getaway, feel free. Points never expire as long as your account has activity at least once every 12 months.
Earning Orbitz Rewards
To kickstart your savings with the Orbitz Rewards Visa, new cardholders can earn a $100 statement credit after spending $1,500 in the first 90 days. While the signup bonus isn’t substantial, it’s nice that the welcome offer puts some money back in the owner’s wallet.
The Orbitz Rewards Visa card is impressive due to it’s generous earning potential and even the occasional traveler will find themselves with a handsome number of reward points.
- 9% back in Orbucks on eligible hotel bookings through the Orbitz mobile app; 8% through desktop
- 7% back in Orbucks at restaurants in the Orbitz dining program
- 6% back in Orbucks on all flights
- 2% back in Orbucks on all other purchases
Compared to regular Orbtiz reward members, cardholders will earn an extra 5% back on each Orbitz hotel and flight bookings (meaning you’ll definitely want to consider this card if you’re already a a heavy Orbitz user). Unfortunately, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages or other bookings not specifically mentioned in the above won’t qualify for those bonus categories – but do qualify for the 2% back. While there are certainly other cards with high reward rates for everyday purchases like gas, groceries, or office supplies, the value of Orbucks makes this card hard to beat.
Hotel Reservation Benefits
The Orbitz Rewards credit card also offers complimentary Orbitz Rewards Gold Status just for being a cardholder. This provides benefits such as free Wi-Fi, breakfast, waived resort fees, and more at designated VIP Hotels which doesn’t put it on par with a traditional hotel credit card but is a decent start.
Should You Apply for the Orbitz Rewards Visa?
The Orbitz Rewards® Visa® may not provide loyalty perks like free checked luggage or room upgrades as a brand-specific card but it more than makes up for it with strong earning potential for travel and dining purchases (not to mention the Orbitz Visa signup bonus). The simplicity of earning redemption paired with the strong earning potential makes the card incredibly user-friendly and perfect for reward travel beginners.
The single drawback of the Orbitz Rewards credit card is a small one: earnings can only be used towards hotel stay. Those who primarily travel to visit (and stay with) family or use Airbnb might not find much use out of this card. Otherwise, the Orbitz Rewards® Visa® will provide long-term value in the pockets of cardholders and serves as an outstanding hotel credit card alternative while providing a wide range of dining and travel rewards.