Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 15th, 2021
Good Sam Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Earn 2,000 Bonus Points for First Purchase
- 2,000 bonus points for your first purchase
- Double points on purchases outside of Good Sam brands (up to $1000)
- 5X points per $1 at Good Sam, Camping World, and Gander Outdoor
- 3X points per $1 at private campgrounds and gas stations
- 1X points per $1 for everything else
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Good Sam Rewards Visa® credit card is perfect for those who love the great outdoors. Earn up to 3X points for shopping at Good Sam, Gander Outdoors, and Camping World; 3X points at private campgrounds & gas stations; and 1X point for everything else with no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Spend at least $300 every 3 years on RV/Camper goods and services
- Will spend $1000 within the first 90 days of opening the card
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Want rewards for gas stations
Good Sam Rewards Visa Review
Hitting the road and ‘getting away from it all’ is easier than ever when you use the Good Sam Rewards Visa® Credit Card. Chock-full of camper-friendly benefits, Good Sam cardholders will earn impressive returns on their camp and outdoor needs: 5X points at Good Sam, Gander Outdoors, and Camping World – along with several other signup bonuses. Convert your points into rewards certificates to use for RV and camper gear.
The majority of cardholder perks are offered during the first months of card ownership. Surprisingly, the bulk of the new cardmember perks are geared towards non-camping related purchases:
- $10 off your first purchase at the time of approval
- 2,000 bonus points the first time that you use your card
- Double points on all outside purchases for the first 90 days (up to 2,000 points)
So there’s no need to hold off applying for the Good Sam credit card until you have a big camping trip (although you’ll want to have something in mind to use that $10 approval coupon on) – there aren’t any time-sensitive savings or special financing offers that you’ll risk missing out on. Because of the double-point bonus, limit your outside spending to $1,000 – your purchases will probably be more lucrative with your usual lineup of rewards cards.
Earning & Redeeming Good Sam Rewards Points
In terms of everyday rewards, Good Sam Rewards Visa® cardholders will earn:
- 5X points at Good Sam, Gander Outdoors, and Camping World
- 3X points at private campgrounds and gas stations
- 1X points everywhere else
The minimum redemption amount is 1,500 points for a $10 rewards certificate. The strong earning potential of the Good Sam Rewards credit card means that reward certificates could be earned on a regular basis, which is a plus but is tainted by the below-average value of each individual point (one-sixth of a cent). In order to earn a reward you would have to spend:
- $300 in the primary rewards category
- $500 in the 2X points category
- A flat $1,500 elsewhere
Points expire every 3 years and reward certificates expire every 3 months – a very short shelf life, so be sure to keep an eye on your points.
Should You Apply for the Good Sam Rewards Visa?
Overall, you’re sure to be a happy camper with the Good Sam Rewards Visa® credit card if you use your RV or camper at least once a year. Since this card has no annual fee – there’s no minimum amount of travel needed to make this card worth it. Although this card could easily add value to the frequent camper’s wallet, it’s not versatile enough for use as your main rewards card. Keep this one aside until it’s time to buy an RV, repair your RV, or stock your RV with gear and goodies for your upcoming adventure. If you don’t already have a gas rewards card, this one will serve you well – but there are plenty of more lucrative gas cards out there.