Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 11th, 2021
- Earn 3X points on eligible recreational & amusement park purchases (including national parks & sporting events)
- Earn 2X points on eligible restaurant & lodging purchases (including campgrounds)
- Earn 1X on all other eligible purchases
- Enjoy extra ways to get cash back rewards with Get More Rewards
- $80 statement credit for the purchase of a qualifying National Park Pass, valid at more than 2,000 recreation areas across the U.S. This offer is available within the first year from account opening.
- Discount on Thousand Trails Camping Pass and regular-priced experiences with Maverick Helicopters
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: See Terms
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1 or 3% of each purchase in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
Saving money on your next staycation has never been easier, thanks to the Credit One Bank Wander Card. The card offers up to 3X points per $1 spent on eligible recreational and amusement park purchases, 2X on dining and lodging, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love to travel to national parks or campgrounds
- Don’t travel internationally, or prefer staycations close to home
- Want the simplicity and versatility of the Credit One Bank rewards program
- Don’t mind paying a modest annual fee (if applicable)
Credit One Bank Wander Card Review
The Credit One Bank Wander Card is an interesting travel rewards credit card that offers up to 3X points on eligible travel purchases and more – for a variable annual fee.
Earn Up to 3X Back on Travel Purchases
With Wander in its name, you can expect quality points on travel purchases – something the card delivers. Unlike other travel cards that offer blanket points on all travel-related purchases, the Credit One Bank Wander Visa instead focuses on specific rewards tailored to the modern, on-the-go traveler.
The card earns 3X points on eligible recreational and amusement park purchases. This broad category includes purchases made at national parks, amusement parks, sports promoters (professional live events), theatrical producers, tourist attractions, aquariums, and zoos. Not included in the 3X category are college sports, casinos, golfing, gyms, and fitness centers,
The card also earns 2X points per dollar spent on eligible restaurant and lodging purchases (including campgrounds) and 1X points on all other purchases. Like the 3X category, the 2X points on eligible dining also has an extensive scope, including:
- Restaurants (including takeout and delivery)
- Bars, lounges, and nightclubs
- Fast food
- Hotels, inns, motels, and bed and breakfasts
- Campgrounds, resorts, and motor home/RV rentals
As you can see, while the rewards structure of the Wander Card is somewhat broad, clearly the card’s emphasis is geared towards the domestic traveler that likes to explore the highways and byways (not to mention national parks and theme parks).
Get More Rewards
Like other Credit One Bank credit cards, the Wander Visa also offers access to Get More Rewards. Cardholders can access special savings with participating merchants – including up to 10% cash back.
How to Redeem Rewards
Credit One Bank rewards are straightforward to earn and equally easy to redeem. Cardholders can redeem points for statement credits, gift cards, merchandise, and more. Cash back as a statement credit must be redeemed in increments of 1,000 (worth $10). Credit One points never expire as long as the account is open and in good standing.
Variable Annual Fees
One of the great features of Credit One is that the bank offers credit cards to a wide array of credit scores. Because of this, Credit One offers its Wander Visa with differing annual fees, depending on creditworthiness. Applicants with fair credit scores can expect an annual fee of $95, while applicants with excellent credit can expect no annual fee – an even better treat.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Credit One Bank Wander Visa Card include:
Should You Apply for the Credit One Bank Wander Visa Credit Card?
Credit One Bank is quickly becoming one of the most dynamic issuers of alternative credit cards – and the Wander Visa is no different. The card is the perfect tool for travelers who want to save money while visiting the close-to-home treasures of the U.S. national park system, amusement parks, or even their local campgrounds for a weekend away from home.
The 3X points per dollar the card earns are solid – as is the 2X points on dining and lodging. These two bonus categories provide the ideal launching point for planning your next staycation or even cross-country road trip to visits some of the hidden gems of the American wilderness.
The Wander Card has some similarities to the Six Flags® Rewards Visa (also from Credit One) but offers more flexibility as a general-purpose travel card. For applicants with fair credit, or even those with good credit scores, the card is an excellent option to consider to save money while getting out and exploring all the country has to offer.