Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases
- Complimentary access to your Experian credit score
- Zero Fraud Liability protection
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 8% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $39
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1 or 3% of each purchase in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- 20% off sustainable products - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- $25 off purchase of $250+ - Offer Expires on August 09, 2021 - See Details
- 20% off nail lamps - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 40% off for 2 years - Offer Expires on March 12, 2022 - See Details
- 10% off your initial contract - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get $100 off your first order - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Use Resy free through June 2021 - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- 40% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 04, 2022 - See Details
- Up to 50% off FedEx shipping - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Earn up to $1500 in Snap Ad credit - Offer Expires on January 04, 2022 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Credit One Bank American Express Card is a cash back rewards card that makes sense for a select audience. The card earns 1% back on all purchases, with no cap on the amount of cash back earnable. The card also features Amex travel and shopping benefits and protections, for an annual fee of $39.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are rebuilding their credit and want the premium perks that come with an Amex card
- Are looking for a credit card with a modest annual fee
- Want the security of retail protection when shopping
- Want to earn flat-rate cash back with all purchases
Credit One American Express Card Review
The Credit One Bank American Express Credit Card is a satisfactory cash back card that lacks in the rewards department but makes up for it with Amex benefits.
Earn 1% Cash Back on All Purchases
The Credit One American Express Card differs from other Credit One products not only in that it is an Amex card, but also in that there are no categories or limitations when it comes to earning cash back. Every purchase with the card earns 1% back, with no limits on the total amount of rewards cardholders can amass.
Like all other cards from the bank, however, cash back is automatically redeemed as statement credits each month. Credit One markets this process as stress-free, but not having options for other rewards, such as a travel or merchandise portal, leaves a bit to be desired.
American Express Benefits
One of the best features of the Credit One Bank American Express Card is access to Amex travel, shopping, and entertainment perks.
Amex Offers for Credit One
Amex Offers is a marketplace where cardholders can link their American Express card to promotions and deals from dozens of various merchants and stores. From dining to retail, you can secure discounts, opportunities to earn additional rewards, and other exciting offers.
Having an Amex card by Credit One grants cardholders access to this diverse storefront of additional discounts and perks.
No Variable Fees
Perhaps the most intriguing thing about the card is the lack of complex annual fee ranges. Other offers from Credit One vary depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant. This means you might receive an annual fee ranging from $0 all the way up to $99 per year.
The Amex Card, however, features a flat annual fee of $39, which is something of a breath of fresh air. $39 is likely a paltry amount for those with an excellent credit score. For those rebuilding their credit score, however, $39 for an American Express card is a very reasonable rate.
Should You Apply for the Credit One Bank American Express Card?
If you have excellent credit, the Credit One Bank American Express Card is likely not for you. That’s because the $39 annual fee and the flat-rate 1% cash back can easily be beaten. The American Express Cash Magnet Card, for example, earns 1.5% back on every purchase and features no annual fee.
For those in the process of rebuilding their credit, however, the card makes sense, especially when compared to Credit One’s other card offers. The $39 annual fee is modest compared to what they would likely receive from the other cards (which may be as high as $99 per year). Additionally, the card comes with Amex travel, shopping, and entertainment perks, including discounts on Delta flights.