- Unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases
- Complimentary access to your Experian credit score
- Zero Fraud Liability protection
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 8% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $39
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1 or 3% of each purchase in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back - Offer Expires on November 30, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $35 +, get $7 back. Up to 2 times (total of $14). - Offer Expires on November 15, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $9.99 or more, get $9.99 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Credit One Bank American Express Card is a cash back rewards card that makes sense for a select audience. The card earns 1% back on all purchases, with no cap on the amount of cash back earnable. The card also features AMEX travel and shopping benefits and protections, for an annual fee of $39.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are rebuilding their credit and want the premium perks that come with an AMEX card
- Plan to use their card to book hotels or flights with Delta
- Want to earn flat-rate cash back with all purchases
The American Express Credit Card from Credit One Bank Review
The Credit One Bank American Express Credit Card is a satisfactory cash back card that lacks in the rewards department but makes up for it with AMEX travel perks and protections.
Earn 1% Cash Back on All Purchases
The Credit One American Express Card differs from other Credit One products not only in that it is an AMEX card and not a Visa card, but also in that there are no categories or limitations when it comes to earning cash back. Every purchase with the card earns 1% back, with no limits on the total amount of rewards cardholders can amass.
Like all other cards from the bank, however, cash back is automatically redeemed as statement credits each month. Credit One markets this process as stress-free, but not having options for other rewards, such as a travel or merchandise portal, is frustrating.
American Express Benefits
One of the best features of the Credit One Bank American Express Card is access to AMEX travel, shopping, and entertainment perks.
Amex Travel Benefits
Amex offers cardholders a wide variety of perks when they use their Credit One AMEX card to make purchases on travel, including:
- Delta Airlines Discounts: Cardholders receive up to 10% off eligible Delta flights between select city pairs in the United States and Canada
- Hotel Discounts: Cardholders also receive up to 20% in discounts on over 18,000 properties across the world.
- Car Rental Discounts: Receive up to 25% off car rentals with select partners worldwide.
Cardholders also receive comprehensive protection when traveling, thanks to American Express Car Rental loss and Damage Insurance, plus Travel Accident Insurance, which provides coverage of up to $150,000 for accidental death or dismemberment on common carrier travel.
Amex Shopping Benefits
Credit One AMEX Cardholders are also have protection when they use their card shopping. They’ll enjoy retail protection coverage for all items fully purchased with the card for 90 days from the date of purchase for any accidental damage. They’ll also receive extended warranty protection and return protection, should the retailer fail to accept an undamaged return item.
Amex Entertainment Benefits
Cardholders have access to American Express Entertainment Access, which offers exclusive presale access to the hottest concerts, sporting events, or other popular events – just for AMEX cardholders.
No Variable Fees
Perhaps the most intriguing thing about the card is the lack of confusing and mysterious annual fee ranges. Other offers from Credit One vary depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant, meaning you might receive an annual fee ranging from no annual fee all the way yup to $99 per year.
The AMEX Card, however, features a flat annual fee of $39, which is something of a breath of fresh air. While $39 isn’t great for those with an excellent credit score, for those rebuilding their credit score, $39 for an American Express card is a very reasonable rate.
Should You Apply for the Credit One Bank American Express Credit Card?
If you have excellent credit, the Credit One Bank American Express Card isn’t for you. That’s because the $39 annual fee and the flat-rate 1% cash back can easily be beaten. The American Express Cash Magnet Card, for example, earns 1.5% back on every purchase and features no annual fee.
For those in the process of rebuilding their credit, however, the card makes perfect sense, especially when compared to Credit One’s other card offers. The $39 annual fee is modest compared to what they would likely receive form the other cards (which may be as high as $99 per year). Additionally, the card comes with AMEX travel, shopping, and entertainment perks, including discounts of Delta flights.
Receiving an American Express card with less-than-perfect credit is very difficult. This makes the AMEX card from Credit One is a good foot in the door, which can increase the odds of qualifying for an even more impressive AMEX reward card down the line.