Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
NASCAR® American Express® Card
NASCAR® American Express® Card
- 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The NASCAR® American Express® Card from Credit One is a basic cash back card with a stock car flair. The card earns 1% back on eligible purchases, with additional NASCAR perks like store discounts and free access to Scanner on Desktop or within the NASCAR® mobile app for the 2022 race season. The card is open to those rebuilding their credit scores, as well as to individuals with good to excellent scores, meaning it is designed with almost every NASCAR fan in mind.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1% cash back on eligible purchases
- Receive exclusive offers and discounts from NASCAR
- Enjoy free access to Scanner on Desktop or within the NASCAR® mobile app for the 2022 race seaso
- Regular Purchase APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 8% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater, or $10 or 3% of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater, or $10 or 5% of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 or $39
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1 or 3% of each purchase in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- You're rebuilding your credit and want to earn cash back rewards
- You frequently make purchases at the NASCAR Shop
- You're a huge motor racing fa
Credit One Bank NASCAR® American Express® Card Review
Designed for Almost Every Credit Score
Credit One Bank is an issuer that gears its credit card products, like the NASCAR Card, towards all credit types. This means that their cards are available not only to those with excellent or good credit scores, but also those who are actively rebuilding their credit score. This wide acceptance makes the NASCAR card perfect for almost any racing fan, though it is a particularly sound option for those with a fair credit score, as it can help them boost their score while earning rewards at the same time.
How to Earn Cash and Redeem Cash Back
The NASCAR Credit Card is similar to other Credit One cards in that it earns an unlimited 1% cash back on eligible purchases, with no cap on the total number of rewards earnable.
Cash back rewards are automatically redeemed as a statement credit each billing period, which does take the worry out of how to redeem rewards but doesn’t allow for other methods of redemption, such as a cash back check, or towards a rewards program, as with variety when it comes to redeeming rewards is frustrating, but for those who a no-nonsense rewards other credit card issuers.
Beware of a Variable Annual Fee
Credit One credit card offers come in many shapes and sizes depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant, and the NASCAR Amex Credit Card is no different. Depending on the credit score of the individual, the annual fee for the card can be as high as $39 per year or as low as no annual fee at all.
Other Card Features
Beyond the 1% cash back on all purchases, the credit card also comes with exclusive offers and track experiences for NASCAR fans, which is a nice bonus.
These perks include:
- Enjoy free access to Scanner on Desktop or within the NASCAR® mobile app for the 2022 race season.
- Receive discounts on select NASCAR® race tickets, parking, merchants, and other race experiences.
One peculiar thing about Credit One Bank Cards is they don’t allow holders to conduct balance transfers. This isn’t a bad thing, however, as the interest rates on these cards do not make them a recommended option for migrating and paying down existing debt.
Other notable protections and perks from the NASCAR American Express Card include:
- AmexZero Fraud Liability to protect against unauthorized charges
- Free online access to your Experian credit score each month
- Online pre-qualify without harming your credit score
- Text and email alerts for fraudulent charges or suspicious activity
- Monthly credit reporting to the major credit bureaus
- Credit One Bank’s dedicated customer service hotline
- Foreign transaction fee of either $1 or 3% of the transaction cost in US dollars (whichever is greater)
- Credit One mobile app
- Amex purchase and return protection
- Extended warranty coverage
Should You Apply for the Credit One NASCAR® American Express® Card?
The Credit One Bank NASCAR American Express Credit Card is a decent cash back option for the stock car racing fan who wants to enjoy additional savings when buying merchandise of their favorite driver – all while boosting their credit score.
Unfortunately, it is only those individuals who will find any value in the card. The card doesn’t offer the type of rewards that those with an excellent credit score can get elsewhere. It also hinders many rebuilding their credit with a burdensome annual fee of up to $39. While this fee varies depending on creditworthiness, there are plenty of other cash back cards open to those with less than stellar credit – with dozens from larger issues and credit unions nationwide available on our site.