Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 13th, 2021
Bass Pro Shops® CLUB Card
Earn Up to $60 in CLUB Points
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% for purchases at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s. For other purchases, 15.24%, 18.24%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24%, 18.24%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 2% back in CLUB Points on all Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Purchases
- 1% back in CLUB Points on other purchases
- No annual fee
- Special APR for all Bass Pro Shops purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% for purchases at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s. For other purchases, 15.24%, 18.24%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24%, 18.24%, or 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount on transfers posted at a promotional APR. None for balances transferred at the standard APR
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Bass Pro Shops® CLUB Card from Capital One allows outdoor enthusiasts to earn up to 5% back for savings on gear and equipment. With no annual fee and no cap on earnings, loyal Bass Pro Shop customers can easily accumulate savings for the purchases they already make.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have excellent credit
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Are looking to purchase a big-ticket item such as a boat or an ATV
- Frequently participate in outdoor recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, or hunting
Bass Pro Shops® CLUB Card Review
Ideal for the avid outdoorsmen, the Bass Pro Shops® CLUB Card allows cardholders to earn up to 5% back for use towards future purchases at Bass Pro Shops and its properties. There’s no annual fee or spending minimum, which makes it easy for outdoor enthusiasts to benefit from where they already shop. Cardholders get access to exclusive outdoor events, member-only deals, and receive a special low APR on Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s purchases. New members can earn a bonus of $60 in CLUB points upon approval and an extra $10 worth of points after spending $500 on purchases within the first 30 days.
Earning CLUB Points
Bass Pro Shops makes earning points very straightforward; based on the CLUB member tier cardholders will receive either 2, 3, or 5 points for every $1 spent at Bass Pro Shops, their associated restaurants and lodges, Cabela’s, or Cenex ® convenience stores; and 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere. Certain items will offer exclusive CLUB member promos for even higher point bonuses, allowing cardholders to earn points that much more quickly. Points are not redeemable for cash, which makes this card very limited in its use but could hardly be considered a downside for anyone who regularly dabbles in the great outdoors.
Bass Pro Shops Membership Tiers
Membership tiers (Classic, Silver, or Black) are determined by your minimum annual spend and creditworthiness. The initial Bass Pro Shops® CLUB Card will be at the Classic level, offering 2% points back with no annual spend requirement. Once your spending reaches $10,000, you’ll be bumped up the Silver tier where all Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s purchases will land you a sweet 3% return. Black, the top tier membership level, has a hefty $25,000 annual spend requirement but offers an impressive 5% points back on all purchases.
Redeeming Club Points
Redeeming CLUB points is just as easy with Bass Pro Shops’ direct point-to-dollar conversion. Every 100 points is worth $1 and can be applied towards your total purchase price both in-store and online. For instance, if you have accumulated 500 points in your account, you could use them to take $5 off your total purchase price. Points never expire, there is no cap on reward earnings, nor is there a minimum number of points required for redemption. Even a semi-frequent outdoorsman could collect a healthy amount of points to use towards big-ticket items for fishing, hunting, or boating.
Should You Apply for the Bass Pro Shops CLUB Card?
Bass Pro Shops® credit card is a no-brainer if you’re already frequent Bass Pro Shops customer. Their acquisition of Cabela’s in 2017 doubles the shopping and point redemption options of cardholders for either retailer, and points can be earned and redeemed at either brand at the exact same rates. The card is the same as the Cabela’s Club Visa credit card – but that’s not a bad thing. While not recommended as an everyday credit card, the specialized rewards of this retail credit card would suit any hunter, fisherman, or backpacker’s wallet quite well.