Last updated on March 8th, 2023
Citi ThankYou points are the popular currency of the Citi ThankYou Rewards program. Now, eligible Citi credit cardholders have more ways to use their rewards, thanks a new Citi Shop with Points promotion.
Citi Shop with Points Gas Savings Promotion Details
According to data from Destination Analysts, approximately 40% of Americans are planning a trip before the end of 2020. Because of the coronavirus pandemic’s impact, many trips will involve hitting the road – with savings on fuel a critical consideration.
Citi’s new Shop with Points promotion allows eligible Citi ThankYou Rewards cardholders to use their points instantly with select gas station partners. ThankYou Rewards cardmembers can instantly Shop with Points at participating Shell, BP, and Amoco stations by redeeming points for $0.50 per gallon, applied for up to $10 towards a gas purchase.
Here’s how to take advantage of the Shop with Points gas savings promotion. Eligible cardmembers (including those with a Citi Prestige® Card, Citi Premier® Card, and Citi Rewards+® Card) on the go can now Shop with Points at the gas pump by:
- Visiting a participating Shell, BP, and Amoco fuel station
- Swiping an eligible Citi credit card to pay for gas at both self- and full-service stations
- If the gas pump screen prompts an offer to redeem ThankYou Points, select “yes” to use points for gas purchases
- Confirming the number of points redeemed via the receipt or online at ThankYou.com
“Doubling Down to Provide Additional Avenues for Customers”
The new promotion, launched in partnership with FIS and their Premium Payback network, is Citi’s latest response to recent data showing American consumers turn to rewards points to purchase daily essentials.
Citi is continuing the evolution of its ThankYou Points rewards program to reflect consumers’ changing needs in the current landscape, including introducing a temporary option to use points to pay the minimum due on a credit card.
Citi is hailing the new initiative as providing excellent value for cardmembers:
Eligible Citi Credit Cards
Not all Citi credit cards earn ThankYou Rewards, however. Eligible Citi credit cards that do qualify include:
ThankYou Points apply towards the following redemption options:
- Cash Back: Cash back applies to cash rewards, statement credits, and mortgage and student loan payments for Citi loans.
- Gift Cards: Citi rewards apply to gift cards from over 100 leading retailers and brands.
- Shopping: Cardholders can use ThankYou points to shop with Amazon, Best Buy, Expedia, PayPal, or 1800flowers.
- Charity: Cardholders can also use their points to donate to the American Red Cross or Smile Train.
ThankYou Rewards points also apply to travel bookings through the ThankYou from Citi travel portal. Reservations through the portal can be made for flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars. Points also apply to select activities. The two premium Citi travel cards, the Citi Premier® Card and the Citi Prestige® Card, offer the best value when booking travel (up to 1.7 cents per point).
Related Article: Citi Launches True Name Feature With Mastercard
Featured photo by Michoko/ Pixabay