Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 12th, 2021
Citi Simplicity® Card
0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the variable APR will be 14.74% - 24.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- No annual fee
- No late fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months on transfers made within 4 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a significant balance elsewhere that you’d like to transfer over and pay off without interest
- Enjoy the freedom of having 18 months with 0% APR on the purchases made with this card
- Want a credit card with robust consumer protection features
Citi Simplicity® Card Review
If you’re looking for a straightforward balance transfer card with no late fees, no penalty rate, and no annual fee to worry about, then the Citi Simplicity® Card is a solid option to consider. You’ll receive 0% intro APR on purchases for 18 months from when your account opens, plus 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months from the date of your first transfer – so long as the transfer is completed in the first 4 months. Big balances can feel like a huge burden to bear, but that’s where the Citi Simplicity® Card shines.
Thanks to its generous introductory period, you can pay down huge debts you’ve accumulated before or since signing up for the card, allowing you to get back on your feet comfortably on your own accord. Personal peace of mind also comes in the form of enhanced EMV chip technology, no liability on unauthorized charges, and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions to help get your life back in order if your card goes missing and your account becomes compromised.
No Penalty Fees
The Citibank Simplicity Card is also noteworthy for its lack of late fees. Of course, fees are only one side of the story when it comes to late payments. Sure, Citi won’t charge you any penalty fee, but your credit score will take a hit – and that is far more worrisome than any charge a bank can levy.
Other Citi Simplicity Features to Consider Before Applying
Other Citi Simplicity credit card features include a cash advance fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of the advance, whichever is greater; and a balance transfer fee of $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
The Simplicity Card requires an excellent credit score to get approved, but those with the best credit scores can anticipate an excellent APR on purchases.
Should You Apply for the Citi Simplicity® Card?
The Citi Simplicity is a basic credit card that hits all the right notes, including one of the best balance transfer offers in the business. The card enjoys 0% intro APR for the first 18 months on balance transfers and 0% intro APR on purchases for the first year – all for no annual fee. Other nice perks include no penalty fees, no late fees, and a competitive APR.