| Last updated on September 20th, 2023
Citi Simplicity® Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
- 18.99% - 29.74% (Variable) Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99% - 29.74% (Variable) Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% (Variable) Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months on Purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Citi Simplicity® Card is one of the most consumer-friendly balance transfer cards available today, 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 21 months from the date of first transfer as well as 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases from when the account opens.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee... Ever
- 0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening. After that the variable APR will be 18.99% - 29.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.
- There is an introductory balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater for balances transfers completed within 4 months of account opening.
- Stay protected with Citi® Quick Lock
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months on Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% - 29.74% (Variable)
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 21 months on Balance Transfers
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% - 29.74% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: There is an intro balance transfer fee of 3% of each transfer (minimum $5) completed within the first 4 months of account opening. After that, 5% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 5% of each cash advance; $10 minimum
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: No Late Fee
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You have a significant balance elsewhere that you’d like to transfer over and pay off without interest
- You enjoy the freedom of having 12 months with 0% introductory APR on the purchases made with this card
- You want a credit card with robust consumer protection features
Citi Simplicity® Card Review
If you’re looking for a straightforward balance transfer card with no late fees, no penalty rate, and no annual fee to worry about, then the Citi Simplicity® Card is a solid option to consider. You’ll receive 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from when your account opens, plus 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 21 months from the date of your first transfer – so long as the transfer is completed in the first 4 months. Big balances can feel like a huge burden to bear, but that’s where the Citi Simplicity® Card shines.
Thanks to its generous introductory period, you can pay down huge debts you’ve accumulated before or since signing up for the card, allowing you to get back on your feet comfortably on your own accord. Personal peace of mind also comes in the form of enhanced EMV chip technology and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions to help get your life back in order if your card goes missing and your account becomes compromised.
No Penalty Fees
The Citibank Simplicity Card is also noteworthy for its lack of late fees. Of course, fees are only one side of the story when it comes to late payments. Sure, Citi won’t charge you any penalty fee, but your credit score will take a hit – and that is far more worrisome than any charge a bank can levy.
Which Credit Cards Offer the Longest Intro APR Period'?
The Citi Simplicity offers 21 months of 0% intro APR on balance transfers, but how does it stack up to other offers?
Citi Simplicity® Card
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer
- 18 months intro 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers
- 18 months 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Balance Transfer Only Offer: 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months
The Citi Simplicity also offers the same 0% intro APR as another Citibank credit card – the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card. That card also features 0% intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers, and 12 months of no interest on purchases.
|Citi Simplicity® Card||Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card|
|Intro APR on purchases||0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening||0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening|
|Intro APR on balance transfers||0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer||0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer|
|Annual Fee||No annual fee||No annual fee|
Related Article: Citi Low Rate Credit Cards Vs. Other Balance Transfer Cards
Other Citi Simplicity Features to Consider Before Applying
Other Citi Simplicity credit card features include a cash advance fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of the advance, whichever is greater; and a balance transfer fee of $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
The Simplicity Card requires a good to excellent credit score to get approved, but those with the best credit scores can anticipate an excellent APR on purchases.
Finally, the Simplicity credit card provides basic Mastercard protections and benefits, including:
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Citibank credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
Citi Simplicity FAQs
Have a question about the Citi Simplicity credit card? Here are some of the most common questions concerning the Simplicity from Citi bank, and the answers:
- Citi partners with Experian and FICO to generate credit scores for users, with the bank pulling all three credit bureaus when applying for the Citi Simplicity. Typically, Citibank pulls either Experian or Equifax when you apply for one of its credit cards.
- Citi has a grace period of 23 days with its credit cards – including the Citi Simplicity Card. There are no grace periods on Balance Transfers and Cash Advances, however.
- No. The Citi Diamond Preferred and Citi Simplicity are the bank’s two low rate/balance transfer cards and do not earn cash back rewards or ThankYou Rewards points on purchases. Cardmembers do have access to Citi merchant deals, however, which provide savings on purchases with partner brands.
- Citi requires good or excellent credit to successfully apply many of its credit cards – the Simplicity low rate card included. This requirement means you should expect to have a FICO credit score of 720 or higher to get the card.
- You can call Citi Customer Service at 1-800-950-5114 (TTY: 1-800-325-2865 for hearing and speech impaired services only).
Should You Apply for the Citi Simplicity® Card?
The Citi Simplicity is a basic credit card that hits all the right notes, including one of the best balance transfer offers in the business. The card enjoys 0% intro APR for the first 21 months on balance transfers and 0% intro APR on purchases for the first year – all for no annual fee. Other nice perks include no penalty fees, no late fees, and a competitive APR.
Browse Other Citi Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.