Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 9th, 2022
U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR for 20 Billing Cycles
- Regular Purchase APR 18.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Get a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 20 billing cycles
- Receive coverage when pay your monthly cellular bill with your U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
- Detects and notifies you of any unusual card activity to help prevent fraud
- Get your TransUnion® Credit Score at no cost
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 20 months on balances transferred within 60 days from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: None
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card is designed to compete directly with BT heavyweights like the Chase Slate Edge and the Citi Simplicity® Card. The card comes with an array of 0% APR offers and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want an excellent 0% intro APR for 20 months to get a hold of their personal finances
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Don’t mind a card that isn’t a rewards credit card
- Are planning on making a significant purchase and want to pay off the balance over time
- Want to pay off existing credit card debt without interest
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Review
The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card provides the low APR purchasing power you need to handle what life throws at you and save money at the same time.
One of the Best Intro APR Offers
The card comes with an impressive 0% introductory APR for the first 20 months on purchases and balance transfers, followed by a variable APR several percentage points below the national average for those with exceptional credit.
Twenty months of no interest on purchases and balance transfers make the U.S. Bank Platinum Visa a potent tool to keep in your wallet. The over year-and-a-half of no interest allow you to use the card to conduct a balance transfer, helping you pay down existing credit card debt over time.
The introductory APR period also allows for making significant purchases and using the 20 months to gradually pay off the balance, thus alleviating any potential burden on your budget, but without the fear of interest accumulating.
Cell Phone Insurance
Very few credit cards offer cell phone protection – let alone a card that features a $0 annual fee. The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card is one such credit card. Cardholders receive up to $600 in protection against theft or damage when they pay for their cell phone bill using the card, up to $1,200 per year.
Other travel perks with the card include discounts with chauffeured black car service though GroundLink, 24/7, world-class customer service through Visa’s Infinite Concierge, Silvercar premium rental privileges, and more. The card also features no foreign transaction fees, plus the near-global acceptance of Visa, meaning it is a potent tool, no matter where your adventures take you.
Other Card Features
Cardholders can also expect the usual protections and benefits from Visa, including comprehensive fraud protection, Visa Zero Fraud Liability, and more. Other features of the card include:
- Contactless payment with tap and pay
- Mobile wallet technology
- Choose your payment due date
- 24/7 online account access through the U.S. Bank Mobile App
- Complimentary credit score access every month
- A foreign transaction fee of up to 3% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card?
There are many very good balance transfer credit cards on the market, but there aren’t many cards better than the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card. 0% introductory APR for 20 months is tough to beat, as is the very competitive variable interest rate for those with excellent credit scores after the intro period closes. Other options also include the Citi
Simplicity and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card. With the added benefit of no annual fee, this is a card that deserves a spot in your wallet.